Well lookie here! Foden driver stuck

Wonder who this could possibly be :smiley: :smiley:

youtu.be/e58mP8laSPQ

You did well to get that far, Dan. I could never understand you blokes’ reluctance to bogie drives. :question:
You’re not saving even half a ton.

Used to be handy on the Multilift Rolonoffs (double drive to be fair) i used that you could move the body all way back to just before starting-to-demount point and relock it in place, taking almost all the weight off the steer axle(s) and placing it right over the drive axles.

Juddian:
Used to be handy on the Multilift Rolonoffs (double drive to be fair) i used that you could move the body all way back to just before starting-to-demount point and relock it in place, taking almost all the weight off the steer axle(s) and placing it right over the drive axles.

Have you seen the clips taken during the Gulf war of the RoRo drivers getting stuck in the sand and using the body to push themselves forward? Thinking out of the box indeed. Mind you, when you’ve got incoming tracer you probably need to get inventive! :smiley: :smiley:

^^^, no i hadn’t seen them, will take a poke nose, much obliged to me learned friend.

hmm, not having much luck finding any :blush:

the maoster:

youtu.be/e58mP8laSPQ

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: check out the 2nd video though :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=pNLJcNF4afY

Star down under.:
You did well to get that far, Dan. I could never understand you blokes’ reluctance to bogie drives. :question:

It’s a Foden but not as we know it. :open_mouth: :laughing:

This one would have got there. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=gstEr8zWCsU

Punchy Dan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNLJcNF4afY

Keep her lit Danny boy, keep her lit! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

Juddian:

Have you seen the clips taken during the Gulf war of the RoRo drivers getting stuck in the sand and using the body to push themselves forward? Thinking out of the box indeed. Mind you, when you’ve got incoming tracer you probably need to get inventive! :smiley: :smiley:

Yes done it many times the problem comes when the wheels turn rather than push you forward or there’s not enough weight in the body to dig in :unamused:

Star down under.:

I got there in the end ,single drive is Saving the fuel though .

If anyone from Shropshire is familiar with Abdon burf ive tried to get up to the top :open_mouth: after 100 yards the wheels turning forward the lorry going backwards :unamused: nearly ended in disaster,the next day I went back and took a telehandler with me to take the load up !

The linked video looks like an average day doing farm collections. I guess the driver involved usually spends all his time sat on a motorway at 56 ?

Mick Bracewell:
The linked video looks like an average day doing farm collections. I guess the driver involved usually spends all his time sat on a motorway at 56 ?

What makes you think that ?

Punchy Dan:

the maoster:

youtu.be/e58mP8laSPQ

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: check out the 2nd video though :wink:

POWER and SPEED… :smiley:

I know the Shropshire Hills well as used to go to school in Shrewsbury and have family all around there. Used to walk up the BurWay just to watch the car drivers panicking! It’s not easy on a horse, let alone taking a lorry up there

Met a friend of yours yesterday, Dan. Nobby with his ERF. I have one of his trailers

good_friend:
I know the Shropshire Hills well as used to go to school in Shrewsbury and have family all around there. Used to walk up the BurWay just to watch the car drivers panicking! It’s not easy on a horse, let alone taking a lorry up there

Met a friend of yours yesterday, Dan. Nobby with his ERF. I have one of his trailers

:open_mouth: ,nice ERF though :wink:

Not sure why this driver is being put on the internet for ridicule. I’ve been stuck before. And I’ve lost traction on tarmac when it was snowing badly - couldn’t get up the bloody hill. Had to reverse with my bum cheeks clenched hoping I didn’t slide back into anything and find another route.

But as the username on here assigned to me says - I’m still WBD.

Checked out your other vids Dan, Your E14 was sounding so good, Have you still got it? it so you need to do a proper vid on it. :sunglasses:

worldsbestdriver:
Not sure why this driver is being put on the internet for ridicule. I’ve been stuck before. And I’ve lost traction on tarmac when it was snowing badly - couldn’t get up the bloody hill. Had to reverse with my bum cheeks clenched hoping I didn’t slide back into anything and find another route.

But as the username on here assigned to me says - I’m still WBD.

Think you find this a bit tongue in cheek…this is a fellow TN member