Ex Farm Rigid Nights

Sidevalve:

the nodding donkey:

msgyorkie:
I used to deliver pesticides to farms many years ago.
Farmers are some of the biggest rogues about.
I always have a laugh when they are on the telly moaning about our caravan dwelling friends raiding their farms…what goes around etc etc.

Yep. They’ll stand with you, complaining bitterly about how everything has got more expensive, and how their takings have gone down, and that they be better off shooting the cows and packing it all in, before driving off in their brand new Range Rover…

… having spent ten minutes listening to the same sort of crap from the driver.

I only know one farmer in the whole of my patch who drives a Range Rover; it’s about ten years old, filthy inside and out and stinks because he chain smokes untipped cigarettes. The only reason he drives it is because they’re cheaper than a Land Rover at that age (he certainly wouldn’t buy a new one) and nothing else will negotiate the fields of a Welsh hill farm and carry a sheep or two in the back.

Funny how some of you moan about drivers being stereotyped then happily proceed to do exactly he same with the people who are keeping you in work.

Mate, I worked in the farming buisness for many years. My Grandfather in Law was a Farmer. I live in rural Norfolk. When I married my missus I lived on a farm untill we bought our first house…trust me Farmers in the arables are dripping in money. Barley Barons they are called round my way.