LONDON GATEWAY

Now i try to stay away from containers as much as possible but i need to drop an empty box into LG so whats the craic? Is there a seperate yard for emptys away from the main dock or is it all inside? I dont have a card so will be coming as a “guest” any pointers ?

Brief details until someone more knowledgable replies… Unless you are dropping an empty at Pentalvers, you will have to undergo the safety instruction check and test. Park to the far left lane after going through the scanner portal at the main entrance, don your hardhat and keep left, walking to the left hand side of the overhead covered area at the main gate. You will see a long low grey portacabin, report there to undertake the computerised safety instruction and test to get your temporary card. Walk back to truck after and follow the instructions on the binnacles as you enter. Find your allotted crane on the printed ticket from the binnacle (L1-L31 the last time I was there) but beware you switch to the other side of the road at the roundabout half way down the dock roadway !! Back into any vacant slot swipe card, follow instruction, just DO NOT enter the marked box once the light is on and untill the hooter goes and it is safe to enter after box lifted. It is all automated.

Thanks for that, much appreciated

They will give you a card to put in the windscreen saying “First time on site” or something like that and there’s a troubleshooting van which constantly drives up and down the crane area so just flag then down if you’re not sure what to do.

Harry Monk:
They will give you a card to put in the windscreen saying “First time on site” or something like that and there’s a troubleshooting van which constantly drives up and down the crane area so just flag then down if you’re not sure what to do.

It was a big red sign saying “Marshall assistance required”

I was too embarassed to put it in the window so i chucked it on the bed :laughing:

Vbs ■■■■ ups aside which cost 2hs it was pretty straightforwrd