Kent Access Permit (KAP)

This maybe a resonable approach to tackle the possibility of excessive number of wagons queueing to access ports. Presumably its introduction will coincide with the new IT system due in November when the “pre Christmas” rush will have subsided. It could be a problem in January if there is a hard winter or if services are restricted.

Shouldn’t that be the:
Kent
Road
Acess
Permit

Or KRAP for short?

I do hope the revenue will pay for suitable HGV parking and guarantee those who pay for Permit a guaranteed overnight spot

Excellent system.
Gove doesn’t say how many of the 50,000 agents needed to prepare documents are ready.
It is the exporter and haulier who are responsible for customs documents and for the KAP.
It is the driver who will be fines if anything is wrong.
newsletter.co.uk/read-this/ … ns-2981870
“Don’t worry drive, paperwork is all done. Honest”.
Hopefully we will be able to check ourselves? Will we as drivers be able to check we are legal?
What parking capacity are in the new sites the gov are currently buying?
Doubtless the IT system will be up to the same high standards, and rapid introduction as Track and Trace, Universal Credit,

Waiting for clearance 2 days at Dover…oh, the nostalgia. :laughing: :laughing:

so how do anpr cameras decide between a stepframe UK artic delivering to sevenoaks and a stepframe uk artic delivering to stuttgart, when they follow each other into kent ? . does it mean trucks delivering into kent from coventry need a permit , Gove did say ALL lorries going into kent will need a permit. camera checks a reg , its not on the export system as having docs , gets a pull or fine

tonyj105:
so how do anpr cameras decide between a stepframe UK artic delivering to sevenoaks and a stepframe uk artic delivering to stuttgart, when they follow each other into kent ? . does it mean trucks delivering into kent from coventry need a permit , Gove did say ALL lorries going into kent will need a permit. camera checks a reg , its not on the export system as having docs , gets a pull or fine

It does say summat about “designated roads into Kent” doesn’t it?
So, maybe domestic traffic can enter on country lanes? I’m sure no dastardly foreigner would try to use smaller roads to evade the cameras, would they?

It will all be alright on the night

peirre:
Shouldn’t that be the:
Kent
Road
Acess
Permit

Or KRAP for short?

I do hope the revenue will pay for suitable HGV parking and guarantee those who pay for Permit a guaranteed overnight spot

i logged on to write this very thing !
well done.

Riddlemethis:

peirre:
Shouldn’t that be the:
Kent
Road
Acess
Permit

Or KRAP for short?

i logged on to write this very thing !
well done.

It would be easier to just say proof of origin or destination in UK has to be shown before ferry crossings can be booked.
Anywhere closer to Hull or Western Channel Ports can’t go to/from Kent Ports.

Are they going to create

" H A P "

For Portsmouth ■■

Tonyj105 raised an interesting point above, are ALL vehicles Kent bound going to need a permit or merely the ones bound for the ferry/tunnel? We do lots of deliveries around Kent and there’s nothing different looking about our fridge artics to any other fridge artics mainland Europe bound.

Optimum:
It will all be alright on the night

You can just see it.!

Fap, for felixstowe

Hap for hull.

Pap Portsmouth

Sap Soto

Rap for ramsgate

HHap for Holyhead etc.

If these are all correct how many more are there.

Hats off to all the Brexit voters who knew exactly what they were voting for, they kept a new border in Kent quiet.

The Goverment have 3 months to build

a 380 mile border in Kent
a mechanism to police it
an internal passport system
a software service
admin and complaints procedure for 2.6 million lorries a year.

It had 6 months to figure out average A level results and look how that worked out…

The government announcement warned to be ready for queues in Kent of 7000 trucks and tried to shift responsibility of this onto the hauliers.
And that’s with an “oven ready” brexit deal!
God forbid what would have happened if our government were a disorganised shambles! Oh wait :cry:

I realise this next statement is in no way scientifically based, but I was bored and did this just for a laugh.
10 years ago when I was loading out of Switzerland on an occasional basis for import to the UK, I would do the customs paperwork on entering Germany at Basel and then clear into the UK at Dover. On average it would take 6 or 7 hours at customs in Dover.
With the anticipated queues of 7000 trucks at 7 hours clearance each that would be a five and a half year queue if they work at the same rate of efficiency, so best pack an extra pot noodle or 2.
I wonder how many extra customs staff they will actually employ and how any new system will be implemented and how efficient it will be.

Farage’s secret plan.
His constituency was in Kent wasn’t it?
In his masterplan UKIP always intended to end up as the Unilateral Kentish Independence Party.

I’m sure the residents of South Essex,
East Sussex and Surrey are very happy that there will be no lorry queues in Kent.

Darkside:
Hats off to all the Brexit voters who knew exactly what they were voting for, they kept a new border in Kent quiet.

The Goverment have 3 months to build

a 380 mile border in Kent
a mechanism to police it
an internal passport system
a software service
admin and complaints procedure for 2.6 million lorries a year.

It had 6 months to figure out average A level results and look how that worked out…

2016:
Brexit will improve your lives

2020:
You’ll need a permit to access Kent :smiley: :grimacing: :grimacing:

discoman:
Fap, for felixstowe

Hap for hull.

Pap Portsmouth

Sap Soto

Rap for ramsgate

HHap for Holyhead etc.

If these are all correct how many more are there.

I’d hate to be a resident of the area of ■■■■ :laughing:

Imagine all the plastic bag surprise packages of fun on the M20!