no cpc

hello, whats the e penalty for a coc that expired about a year ago? do the driver and owner get fined and does the truck get parked up until someone with a valid cpc card can collect it? thanks all.

Yes , yes and yeas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I smell troll.

no trolling from me, its a mate of mine is driving with no cpc and his boss says he doesn’t need one,ive told him he does, i was just wondering what would happened when he gets stopped.

jimroyale:
no trolling from me, its a mate of mine is driving with no cpc and his boss says he doesn’t need one,ive told him he does, i was just wondering what would happened when he gets stopped.

Love these posts

"it’s a mate of a mate of someone he knows, who works with his brother’s uncle, AND he’s not sure.

Sorry
double post

blue estate:
Yes , yes and yeas

I’d say Yes, possibly and very unlikely (in that order).

jimroyale:

Is your mate full on idiot, or just a bit thick?
So he’s got a HGV licence, doesn’t know he needs a cpc to drive one,.and believes the bs fed to him by his boss. :laughing: :laughing:
Ok, got it. :neutral_face:

maximum fine of a £1000 each for driver and operator

And a a treat opportunity for area and biscuits with the TC

And a a treat opportunity for tea and biscuits with the TC

I’m struggling to believe any HGV driver these days could fail to know he needs a DQC card, anyone who truly doesn’t know this shouldn’t be on the road: if you were that ignorant it’s doubtful you understand drivers hours or any of the other basic stuff we are all expected to know.

Not having a DQC means the driver isn’t legally entitled to drive for “hire or reward”, the TC could choose to see this as the Operator allowing the driver to “drive without a current valid licence” which is one of the ‘seven deadly sins’ of O-licencing. The Operator could get severely hammered, and deservedly so.

Zac_A:
I’m struggling to believe any HGV driver these days could fail to know he needs a DQC card, anyone who truly doesn’t know this shouldn’t be on the road: if you were that ignorant it’s doubtful you understand drivers hours or any of the other basic stuff we are all expected to know.

Not having a DQC means the driver isn’t legally entitled to drive for “hire or reward”, the TC could choose to see this as the Operator allowing the driver to “drive without a current valid licence” which is one of the ‘seven deadly sins’ of O-licencing. The Operator could get severely hammered, and deservedly so.

See ops user name [emoji849]

blue estate:

See ops user name [emoji849]
[/quote]
Hmmm… hadn’t twigged to that :blush: it’s not something I ever watched

gov.uk/guidance/driver-cpc- … driver-cpc

This gives the only exceptions from the CPC. Up to £1000 for driver and potential prosecution for both driver and owner of truck.

Plus company can have a large number of points added to ORCS score according to other sources which in theory isn’t good for their o licence. Can imagine a few cowboy outfits doing this.

As for that show - gotta be a pain if your name really is that.

Zac_A:
the TC could choose to see this as the Operator allowing the driver to “drive without a current valid licence” which is one of the ‘seven deadly sins’ of O-licencing. The Operator could get severely hammered, and deservedly so.

I have an issue with that statement,a year or so ago I reapplied for my HGV, sent in all the forms including the medical. Nothing came back to me in a reasonable time and so I phoned Swansea only to be told there was a backlog. That backlog must have been large for it was nearly 5 months later that my renewed licence dropped through the letterbox.
This was despite me phoning Swansea weekly only to be told it was ok to keep driving as I had applied for it. With my medical problems I was not sure if it had been granted, the bloke I spoke to there couldnt tell me either way.

So theoretically I was driving commercially for the best part of 5 months without a vaild licence, with the DVLA’s blessing, go figure that one out! :slight_smile:

Twoninety88:
So theoretically I was driving commercially for the best part of 5 months without a vaild licence, with the DVLA’s blessing, go figure that one out! :slight_smile:

You weren’t though because they have a rule put in place that allows you to. Also you could check your licence status online at any time in that 5 months.

Twoninety88:

Zac_A:
So theoretically I was driving commercially for the best part of 5 months without a vaild licence, with the DVLA’s blessing

Its section 88 of the Road Traffic Act which allows you to keep driving as long as you don’t believe your application will be refused and your doc says it’s alright. Basically a get out clause by DVLA for lack of docs.

Always think this could get interesting at a DVSA checkpoint, but they should know about it… hopefully.

robroy:

jimroyale:

Is your mate full on idiot, or just a bit thick?
So he’s got a HGV licence, doesn’t know he needs a cpc to drive one,.and believes the bs fed to him by his boss. :laughing: :laughing:
Ok, got it. :neutral_face:

Good job there’s a thing called cpc to teach these fools eh? [emoji23]

Twoninety88:

Zac_A:
the TC could choose to see this as the Operator allowing the driver to “drive without a current valid licence” which is one of the ‘seven deadly sins’ of O-licencing. The Operator could get severely hammered, and deservedly so.

I have an issue with that statement,a year or so ago I reapplied for my HGV, sent in all the forms including the medical. Nothing came back to me in a reasonable time and so I phoned Swansea only to be told there was a backlog. That backlog must have been large for it was nearly 5 months later that my renewed licence dropped through the letterbox.
This was despite me phoning Swansea weekly only to be told it was ok to keep driving as I had applied for it. With my medical problems I was not sure if it had been granted, the bloke I spoke to there couldnt tell me either way.

Mine runs out early next year , just finished my last module got a new card within week live from now and expires in 5 years 4 months! Wasn’t expecting it to land till next year.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk