no cpc

Twoninety88:

Zac_A:
the TC could choose to see this as the Operator allowing the driver to “drive without a current valid licence” which is one of the ‘seven deadly sins’ of O-licencing. The Operator could get severely hammered, and deservedly so.

I have an issue with that statement,a year or so ago I reapplied for my HGV, sent in all the forms including the medical. Nothing came back to me in a reasonable time and so I phoned Swansea only to be told there was a backlog. That backlog must have been large for it was nearly 5 months later that my renewed licence dropped through the letterbox.
This was despite me phoning Swansea weekly only to be told it was ok to keep driving as I had applied for it. With my medical problems I was not sure if it had been granted, the bloke I spoke to there couldnt tell me either way.

So theoretically I was driving commercially for the best part of 5 months without a vaild licence, with the DVLA’s blessing, go figure that one out! :slight_smile:

Mine runs out early next year , just finished my last module got a new card within week live from now and expires in 5 years 4 months! Wasn’t expecting it to land till next year.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk