Covid 19 not good news

Well apparently in the UK the 2nd wave is coming.
I’m certainly not surprised.
(as a p.s. it’s not going to well here either)

NO safe distancing, NO masks being worn in crowded places.

Nobody gives a s£it about other people

Walked into a pub in Herne Hill last week, wearing a mask, and having to fill in the T&T register,
the girls serving behind the bar said I had to order at a distance, sit down and we’ll bring your drink
( none of them were wearing masks!)
and they would bring my drink to me, not a problem, I’ll go with that BUT

they were pulling the pints, chatting to each other with NO MASKS !!!
WTF , their spit going into my pint !

Walked out, with said barmaid demanding that I paid for my pint ■■

Dream On

pierrot 14:
Well apparently in the UK the 2nd wave is coming.
I’m certainly not surprised.
(as a p.s. it’s not going to well here either)

NO safe distancing, NO masks being worn in crowded places.

Nobody gives a s£it about other people

Walked into a pub in Herne Hill last week, wearing a mask, and having to fill in the T&T register,
the girls serving behind the bar said I had to order at a distance, sit down and we’ll bring your drink
( none of them were wearing masks!)
and they would bring my drink to me, not a problem, I’ll go with that BUT

they were pulling the pints, chatting to each other with NO MASKS !!!
WTF , their spit going into my pint !

Walked out, with said barmaid demanding that I paid for my pint ■■

Dream On

Order a chaser with your pint next time,the alcohol will kill the germs :wink:

I’m sure the gob’t brilliant idea to pay 50% of people’s restaurant bill but only if they eat INSIDE the venue didn’t contribute towards the spread.

My elderly shielding aunt who is very intelligent and clever said something interesting during my call to her yesterday - she said it would help all those in her position if the shielded and vulnerable stayed protected whilst the rest of us had the virus so she could go out again = herd immunity scenario

I did not realise until a couple of weeks ago that the body has a memory system which is why we do not generally get measles years after having the jab and all the antibodies have gone as one example

ROG:
My elderly shielding aunt who is very intelligent and clever said something interesting during my call to her yesterday - she said it would help all those in her position if the shielded and vulnerable stayed protected whilst the rest of us had the virus so she could go out again = herd immunity scenario

I did not realise until a couple of weeks ago that the body has a memory system which is why we do not generally get measles years after having the jab and all the antibodies have gone as one example

How would you get to that situation?
Individually isolate all old and vulnerable people until all the rest of us had taken our chances? Who would care for these vulnerable people?
Or put them in closed colonies? Who with, what size institutions? One case inside and all inside would be very much at risk.
We need more testing and tracing now, not hollow politician`s promises about world beating. space shot, hype, lies.

Does it matter how many get it especially as we will never know exactly those numbers - the ONS estimate/guess there is at least twice the official number

What does matter and what we have exact numbers for is hospital admissions + those on ventilators + deaths

Lets base responses on exact figures and not figures we do not know

PS my aunt also said that those shielding would need to be cared for by society until the majority of us have had it
Her other comment was that all the Govt is doing is to prolong this virus

I see her points because we do not have and probably never will have a vaccine so without that there seems to be no way that it can be got rid of from the world - no good just a few countries getting rid of it if poss when it is still in other countries unless all travel between countries is banned forever !

I suppose that the only sure fire way to kill the virus would be to deny it hosts by preventing every single human on the planet from coming within 6 feet of another human for at least 14 days. Obviously that would be wildly impractical and impossible and would undoubtedly lead to more deaths than Covid ever would.

I feel that we’re just gonna have to adapt to it and accept that it’s here to stay. What puzzles me though is our gross overreaction to it! We’ve crashed a world economy and brainwashed by constant media bombardment billions of people and altered social interactions more in 6 months than the previous millennia has, to what end is my question?

Life kills, simple as that. At the moment on face value the attempted cure is far far more dangerous to life than the disease.

ROG:
Does it matter how many get it especially as we will never know exactly those numbers - the ONS estimate/guess there is at least twice the official number

What does matter and what we have exact numbers for is hospital admissions + those on ventilators + deaths

PS my aunt also said that those shielding would need to be cared for by society until the majority of us have had it
Her other comment was that all the Govt is doing is to prolong this virus

I see her points because we do not have and probably never will have a vaccine so without that there seems to be no way that it can be got rid of from the world - no good just a few countries getting rid of it if poss when it is still in other countries unless all travel between countries is banned forever !

ROG:
Does it matter how many get it

The more that get C19, the more days are lost to illness, and economic costs, the more long term effects on health for victims, the more the hospital and non-urgent health system is put under strain…Oh, and more people will die prematurely because of it.
C19 is not “death or no-effect”.

ROG:
the ONS estimate/guess there is at least twice the official number

Isn`t the ONS “official” enough?
What figures are you referring to?

ROG:

Unless we know the exact figures we do nowt?
We dont have perfect data, so we have to make do with what we have. This is the real world, and the virus wont stand still while we play with our abacus.

ROG:
my aunt also said that those shielding would need to be cared for by society until the majority of us have had it

That is approximately where we are now, isnt it?

ROG:
we do not have and probably never will have a vaccine

What? We will probably never have a vaccine? Where does that come from?

When the vaccine arrives, and it will, just remember one word before you rush off enthusiastically to get your life saver.

Thalidomide.

The experts and scientists are not always right, other experts and scientists disagree with the ones on the payroll but are unheard and have no platform in the mainstream media.

Switch off the telly and stay away from all other forms of media pushing the narrative.
I guarantee within a month you’ll start to feel different about many many things.

Giving up on living in order to stay alive in the new utopia they have planned for you is not the answer, don’t be a terrified of your own shadow critically unthinking lemming, this is what those who rule over us want.
Trump said at the start of all this to be careful the cure isn’t worse than the disease, he wasn’t wrong.

I’ve probably marked my own card because i gave my opinions on the govt consultation over plans for the next fast track decrees around immunity for drug companies, untrained adminsters of vaccines etc, the consultation document ended yesterday but you can still give your views if you wish.
Dare say there’ll be a knock on the door in due course.

gov.uk/government/consultat … 19-and-flu

I suggest you spend 5 minutes reading the actual document.

Done our weekly shop this morning in Morrisons and they have re-introduced the que system complete with seperation barriers outside. This was in operation during the height of this false virus and it seems they are ramping back up to Hysteria version 2.
Just waiting for the panic buying to start again. (hoard the bogroll before it all goes!)

Juddian:
When the vaccine arrives, and it will, just remember one word before you rush off enthusiastically to get your life saver.

Thalidomide.

I`ll see your Thalidomide (not a vaccine, but no matter), and raise you:
Polio, Tetanus, Smallpox, Measles, Whooping Cough, Diphtheria, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitus A, Hepatitus B.

Franglais:

Juddian:

Thalidomide.

Polio, Tetanus, Smallpox, Measles, Whooping Cough, Diphtheria, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitus A, Hepatitus B.

Oh absolutely, but it might be interesting to ask the poor sods affected by Thalidomide if they thought a poorly tested drug was worth the risk.

I’m certainly not trying to convince you Franglais, i just want people to get away from the state controlled narrative for a while and think for themselves for a change.

Does it matter how many get it especially as we will never know exactly those numbers

Of course it matters.Most will probably have a mild version but others will be severly ill and some will die. I know a guy back in the UK who got it back in April.
He was hospitilised, thought he was going to die but thankfully did not. Even now he is still having many problems and cannot function properly. Only in his early 50’s and there are plenty others like him. People need to wake up about this virus otherwise we will all end up in full lockdown again and that will really knacker everything even more!

Just to add someone said there WILL be a vaccine. I really hope you are correct but are you aware they have never ever been able to develop a vaccine for any previous corona virus.

The ONS link for estimated infections ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation … 2020-03-26

I wonder how many have had the virus in the UK since it started and I do not mean published official numbers
All 6 of my family had it UNTESTED in early March so there must be thousands of others especially those who had no symptoms at all

How do you get rid of a WORLDWIDE virus without a vaccine?
Answer is you cannot
That means we either leave it to do its thing all at once or we let it out over a longer period

ROG:
How do you get rid of a WORLDWIDE virus without a vaccine?
Answer is you cannot
That means we either leave it to do its thing all at once or we let it out over a longer period

Yes you can. Look at others in the past. What about herd immunity?

ROG:
The ONS link for estimated infections ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation … 2020-03-26

I wonder how many have had the virus in the UK since it started and I do not mean published official numbers
All 6 of my family had it UNTESTED in early March so there must be thousands of others especially those who had no symptoms at all

2nd point: If untested, how do you know it was C19 your family had? I don`t see what you are saying here.
Remember that incidence of cases is not random. There is a national average incidence, but this does not not mean that there is a homogeneous incidence. (If you have the virus then it is much more likely that your family and neighbours will have it) It forms in “hot-spots”. You cannot extrapolate from one family, or one street, into the whole country.

1st point: if you discount “published official figures”, Why? What is wrong with them?
What better options are there?

“Antibody tests for COVID-19
Around 6.78% of people who provided blood samples tested positive for antibodies to COVID-19
The estimate for those testing positive for antibodies presented in this publication has not been updated and is the same as estimates presented in our previous publication. Once we have received additional blood sample results, we will provide updated antibodies analysis.
As of 24 May 2020, 6.78% (95% confidence interval: 5.21% to 8.64%) of individuals from whom blood samples were taken tested positive for antibodies to the coronavirus (COVID-19). This is based on blood test results from 885 individuals since the start of the study on 26 April 2020.
One way the body fights infections like COVID-19 is by producing small particles in the blood called antibodies. It takes between two and three weeks for the body to make enough antibodies to fight the infection, but once a person recovers, antibodies remain in the blood at low levels. This is what helps to prevent individuals from getting the same infection again. We try to measure the presence of antibodies in order to work out who has had COVID-19 in the past.
These estimates have not been weighted to be representative of the target population in England. This is because of the relatively small numbers of positive cases in the sample. We will do more work on the potential to weight these estimates in future publications.”
ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation … 12june2020

This is from June, and disreputes the earlier news reports from May talking of a third of the UK population having had C19 already.
Mind you, FullFact had laid those stories bare already:
fullfact.org/health/19m-coronavirus-manchester/

Juddian:

Franglais:

Juddian:

Thalidomide.

Oh absolutely, but it might be interesting to ask the poor sods affected by Thalidomide if they thought a poorly tested drug was worth the risk.

I’m certainly not trying to convince you Franglais, i just want people to get away from the state controlled narrative for a while and think for themselves for a change.

There are many issues with testing of drugs, tis true. (And some now with self certification of aircraft safety in the name of privatization and profit...but thats for another thread).
We need more central Gov, independently funded testing, NOT more self funded tests from Big Pharma.
Government is not business. It is not there to extract profit and concentrate in the hands of a few. Or at least it shouldnt be. We dont really need money motivated business people in office; enough of them are lobbying for their interests already.
But is any official (in the UK) talking of short-circuiting safety testing? I don`t read that in the link to the consultation document you linked to.

Franglais:
If untested, how do you know it was C19 your family had? I don`t see what you are saying here.

Common sense with a degree of high intelligence along with the symptoms
Daughter had the classic - 5+ days of high temp with dry cough
Rest of us had other weird symptoms
I had about 7 days of constant conjunctivitis after 2 days of feeling crap
At that time in early March our Govt did not list all the WHO symptoms one of which was conjunctivitis and I did not realise until the Americans started to get loads of cases with that side effect

As I was the first of us then I was the one who gave it to the rest of the family

Short circuiting safety testing? seriously?

Vaccines take many years, decades even, to develop and test, before anyone thinks of giving them approval, let alone the immunity aspect for those involved in this.
You can’t do fast track because you won’t know, as Thalidomide proved, that long term disastrous effects haven’t been unleashed, and we arn’t talking a few thousand or hundred thousand, we are into the realms of hundred of millions of doses the powers that be have apparently ordered, so the vaccine isn’t far away, possibly repeated annually, just WTF is going on here.

They’ve tried to cure the common cold for generations, and still nowhere near a solution, annual flu vaccines likely to make you more ill than the sodding flu would have done.

Who the hell would want a fast tracked barely tested vaccine dreamed up by modern day Dr Mengeles, given immunity from being held to account, presumably to be administered by Al Johnson’s latest stasi covid marshals if those currently keeping quiet to save their jobs in the medical profession finally decide they can’t be part of this satanic pantomime any more.