Pulling up at intercoms

At businessEs where you’ve got multiple lanes to pull up in And you talk to someone via an intercom to book in, why do some drivers insist on pulling up in the next lane and leaving their engine running so you can’t bloody well hear what the person on the intercom is saying to you. Switch the dam thing off so we can all hear.

DickyNick:
At businessEs where you’ve got multiple lanes to pull up in And you talk to someone via an intercom to book in, why do some drivers insist on pulling up in the next lane and leaving their engine running so you can’t bloody well hear what the person on the intercom is saying to you. Switch the dam thing off so we can all hear.

Have you not tried shouting over and asking them to?
Far more effective than posting it on a forum I would reck. :bulb:

0/10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe they are professional lorry drivers who wouldn’t dream of switching a turbocharged engine off that has been working hard until its had a couple of minutes warming down.

A fellow pro would know that.

Juddian:
Maybe they are professional lorry drivers who wouldn’t dream of switching a turbocharged engine off that has been working hard until its had a couple of minutes warming down.

Modern trucks do not require idling to warm up or cool down.

Juddian:

:laughing: :laughing: Just go’s to show who’s a driver and who ain’t.

Juddian:

True, that after a hard drive that one shouldn’t shut down immediately, but more often you’ll pull up at an intercom after a period of much gentler driving, without need to worry about such.

DickyNick:

Cue the troll back in business
I see the snake is also reposting how strange

robthedog:

DickyNick:

Looking at your last few posts, Jakey appears to wind you up Rob. :laughing:
Not entirely convinced he actually is The Rowls and The ■■■■ tbh, but he’s harmless I reckon.
Tbf he does make some good and valid points, …just wish he wouldn’t labour them sooo ■■■■ much, and take EVERY opportunity to put them across… :smiley:

robroy:

robthedog:

DickyNick:

Looking at your last few posts, Jakey appears to wind you up Rob. :laughing:
Not entirely convinced he actually is The Rowls and The ■■■■ tbh, but he’s harmless I reckon.
Tbf he does make some good and valid points, …just wish he wouldn’t labour them sooo [zb] much, and take EVERY opportunity to put them across… :smiley:

He does mate, not because of his perfect ways, but because he is a fake when you ask him to back up his claims he can’t provide any proof he’s a keyboard warrior that’s never driven a truck in his life if you ask me, and given his assumed age we all know what it was like back in the day he’s just to perfect to be one of us

Ok, so we’ll agree he’s got under your skin then. :laughing:

Franglais:

Juddian:

True, that after a hard drive that one shouldn’t shut down immediately, but more often you’ll pull up at an intercom after a period of much gentler driving, without need to worry about such.

I reckon he on about the drive in Costa at Sedgemoor…

Other than that I’m with you…

Darkside:

:laughing: :laughing:
I’m surprised some knob in a truck hasn’t 2 hatted one of those overhead gantries yet.
Give them time. :smiley:

robroy:

Darkside:

:laughing: :laughing:
I’m surprised some knob in a truck hasn’t 2 hatted one of those overhead gantries yet.
Give them time. :smiley:

I have a look every time I go by :laughing: :laughing:

Bet the bloke that signed that off is on more money than me as well :unamused:

DickyNick:

You talk to them?? …half the places I go I press the button and after they answer there’s a crackle noise and a beep and the barrier opens. This is then followed by me getting a bollocking for driving through the wrong area, having/not having hazard lights on, or not following the invisible set of site rules [emoji53]

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

KarlM:

DickyNick:

You talk to them?? …half the places I go I press the button and after they answer there’s a crackle noise and a beep and the barrier opens. This is then followed by me getting a bollocking for driving through the wrong area, having/not having hazard lights on, or not following the invisible set of site rules [emoji53]

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

:frowning: so, so true, thought I was the only one who always seems to get it wrong :blush:

DickyNick:

So how many lanes are there with intercom when your delivering petrol then ■■■■ !!

DickyNick:

Juddian:

That’s probably why turbochargers are failing on a regular basis, do you believe that ■■■■■■■■ in a car handbook about 20k+ oil change intervals being ok too.

Juddian:

DickyNick:

Juddian:

That’s probably why turbochargers are failing on a regular basis, do you believe that ■■■■■■■■ in a car handbook about 20k+ oil change intervals being ok too.

Juddian , I’m not disputing your comment but, I’d like to see where it’s written in a modern day truc’ks hand book to explain to the novices
or drivers that have just been given a brand new spec unit, what to do when you come to a stop and turn off the engine, to protect the turbo.

The Scania I drive, if I let it run whilst stopped, i.e. at an intercom, turns itself off automatically

Being a fridge driver for the last 12 yrs why does the fridge start up just as you press the intercom button and you can’t get out to turn it off because the drivers door is too close to the intercom !