M20 closed coastbound

Operation Stack triggered. Police doing checks on channel crossing vehicles. Rumoured to be something to do with a child abduction possibly■■?

scontent-lht6-1.■■.fbcdn.net/v/ … e=5F876C33

Said on Twitter, it’s due to the frogs checking documents at calais, it’s a shame they can’t check all them,Tailiban before they get in them day trip boats.

biggriffin:
Said on Twitter, it’s due to the frogs checking documents at calais, it’s a shame they can’t check all them,Tailiban before they get in them day trip boats.

Yeah because that is such a massive problem… :unamused:

It is nice to see at least one side of the channel taking the changes that may be coming seriously.

This from the papers:

“Officers from the Metropolitan Police and Kent Police have been searching all vehicles and passengers entering the major Kent port as a part of a ‘sensitive’ counter-terror operation today. Scotland Yard confirmed that a request was made yesterday by Counter Terrorism Policing nationally for ‘enhanced security checks to be carried out at UK ports’, in relation to ‘ongoing operational activity’.”

I was delivering a boat to Rye harbour - enjoyed my trip through the scenic routes of Kent and E Sussex to avoid the M20.

Will wave to everyone on the way back up.

NormanInNorfolk:
I was delivering a boat to Rye harbour - enjoyed my trip through the scenic routes of Kent and E Sussex to avoid the M20.

Will wave to everyone on the way back up.

Why bother delivering a boat to kent, there’s loads of ribs left on the beach, just use those…

NoddyR:
This from the papers:

“Officers from the Metropolitan Police and Kent Police have been searching all vehicles and passengers entering the major Kent port as a part of a ‘sensitive’ counter-terror operation today. Scotland Yard confirmed that a request was made yesterday by Counter Terrorism Policing nationally for ‘enhanced security checks to be carried out at UK ports’, in relation to ‘ongoing operational activity’.”

The whole exercise was a total hoax and all the staff knew it but had to play along with the sham while trying to give various tongue in cheek replies and maintain some humour and manners despite the mountain of Driver queries as to what the ■■■■ was going on.

Nobody I saw got searched. There were only 4 lanes of about 10 open at the tunnel for the so called search which consisted of entering the bay, engine off and one individual security man (not police) spent 5 minutes tapping the outside of the trailer and unit with a 4 foot stick.

No questions, no opening trailers, no peep into the cab even.

The stick must be some new super high tech detector even though it just looked like a short broom handle to the layman like myself.

I was diverted from Dover to the Chunnel in the nick of time on Wednesday morning to join the back of the queue of 5 hours of constant stop/stars from pulling up on hard shoulder until getting to boarding lane which was torture after driving all night.

The queue for Dover At that time started a before 11a, hard shoulder and lane 1 so that’s 13 miles of double lanes of trucks nearly all way. Delays ran 12 to 18 hours there for some I met later in Calais.
Google’s maps has said “20 minutes delay likely to improve soon” at 7 am Wednesday morning so I guess that was based on the local traffic moving freely on the outside lane.

There was no operation stack, just disorganised chaos and appalling abuse of drivers, tachograph regulations and road safety.

Funny how police and DVSA can decide that those holy grails don’t matter a dam when it suits them but the order to create chaos must have come from a very high level.