Driver arrested as part of Scots drug supply investigation

nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/ … um=twitter
Good riddance…

Quick someone tell Carryfast a euro job has just become available

Meanwhile…

The rest of the world has woken up to the fact that people wanna do drugs no matter what you tell them about the dangers. Just seems a crazy world whereby I could walk into a shop in the USA, Canada and other places (which I cba to research) buy a dooby and puff away on it.

Legalise weed and fer chrissakes let’s spend our money on more worthwhile things.

I don’t smoke it and when I tried it in my teenage years I always ended up puking everywhere.

yourhavingalarf:
Meanwhile…

The rest of the world has woken up to the fact that people wanna do drugs no matter what you tell them about the dangers. Just seems a crazy world whereby I could walk into a shop in the USA, Canada and other places (which I cba to research) buy a dooby and puff away on it.

Legalise weed and fer chrissakes let’s spend our money on more worthwhile things.

I don’t smoke it and when I tried it in my teenage years I always ended up puking everywhere.

Good point.
Prof David Nutt might agree with you.
So long as demand is there, stamping on the supply chain will limit and thus increase prices, so encouraging others to supply for a profit.
I`m with you in not being a fan of this stuff, but the present policies seem foolish.

Its not going away any time soon. Get the business regulated and taxed.

Crusaderrr:
https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/driver-arrested-as-part-of-scottish-drug-supply-investigation?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Good riddance…

Could we be lucky enough that this is our man

yourhavingalarf:
Meanwhile…

Like you mate, I have no interest in drugs whatsoever. Have you watched “The business of drugs” (think its on Netflix)?

Quite an eye opener on exactly HOW the various business models operate across the world throughout the drug world. As you rightly say, people seem hell bent on taking drugs and I sadly don’t see an end in sight. People sadly will do anything for ‘quick’ money it seems, including smuggling people & drugs-very weak & amoral sheep.

alamcculloch:
Its not going away any time soon. Get the business regulated and taxed.

Yeah cos people who are used to making money sellling it and the government getting none of it are all of a sudden going to want to become law abiding tax paying citizens seeing 40% of their takings walking out the door in taxes. And for those who do set up shop and go legit they’ll get undercut to hell by those still doing it the old way thanks to not having to spend £10,000s a year running a shop.

Always amazes me how gullible some people can be.

When you’re running abroad it can be easy money as long as you are aware of the severity of the actions if you are either caught by the authorities or if you cross the guys you are working for.
The guy took a chance, knew what would happen, and went for it, his own fault, end of.

Don’t know what he was running, but I can’t see why they can’t just legalise weed and concentrate on the harder stuff.which can be more addictive and dangerous.
Cannabis is a natural herb plant, which carrys many properties for healing, if you want to smoke it, cake it or… shove it up your arse, :unamused: , why should any authority be bothered, it works fine in Holland, so why not here.

robroy:
When you’re running abroad it can be easy money as long as you are aware of the severity of the actions if you are either caught by the authorities or if you cross the guys you are working for.
The guy took a chance, knew what would happen, and went for it, his own fault, end of.

Don’t know what he was running, but I can’t see why they can’t just legalise weed and concentrate on the harder stuff.which can be more addictive and dangerous.
Cannabis is a natural herb plant, which carrys many properties for healing, if you want to smoke it, cake it or… shove it up your arse, :unamused: , why should any authority be bothered, it works fine in Holland, so why not here.

“Natural Herb Plant”…sounds healthy, doesn`t it?
Or at the least pretty OK. Especially if a soft and cuddly hippy like DD is saying it. :smiley:
Other “Natural Plants” include: Deadly Nightshade, Hemlock, Monkshood, Death Cap, Destroying Angel.
Yew provided Tamoxifen for cancer treatments, but can also kill. Same with Foxgloves, they can be used to provide life saving Digitalis drugs, or cause heart attacks.

Franglais:

robroy:

Or at the least pretty OK. Especially if a soft and cuddly hippy like DD is saying it. :smiley:
Other “Natural Plants” include: Deadly Nightshade, Hemlock, Monkshood, Death Cap, Destroying Angel.
Yew provided Tamoxifen for cancer treatments, but can also kill. Same with Foxgloves, they can be used to provide life saving Digitalis drugs, or cause heart attacks.

Ok I get your point not everything that grows naturally is good for you or harmless, …then again I did not say it was, did I? :neutral_face:
So unless you want me to make a list of all the things that grow naturally , from potatoes to peaches, that are good for you, you will have to explain the relavance of your point.

What I was trying to say is why concentrate on the use of a relatively mild ‘drug’ rather than on stuff like crack cocaine, or Heroin . (There you go,.another natural plant product for your ‘ain’t gonna do you any good’ list :smiley: )

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:

Ok I get your point not everything that grows naturally is good for you or harmless, …then again I did not say it was, did I? :neutral_face:
So unless you want me to make a list of all the things that grow naturally , from potatoes to peaches, that are good for you, you will have to explain the relavance of your point.

What I was trying to say is why concentrate on the use of a relatively mild ‘drug’ rather than on stuff like crack cocaine, or Heroin . (There you go,.another natural plant product for your ‘ain’t gonna do you any good’ list :smiley: )

You, I think, object rightly to biased terms in news reports?
Huge lorries, juggernauts, diesel drinking, polluting, etc? Without saying trucks are more fuel efficient than cars or vans, are safer than cars and are necessary for life as we know it, that is bias.
Saying cannabis can have healing properties, without saying it can be damaging, is bias.

“Relatively mild”, Comparing cannabis and heroin?
Comparing being knocked over by a bike rather than by a truck? One is worse for sure, but both best avoided, surely?

So, no, you didn`t actually say that cannabis was harmless, but you were, IMHO, biased in your language.

Ok, best avoided granted, but so is tobacco and alcohol, …but neither is illegal,.and that is the basis of my point.
I’d go as far as to (arguably) say that in terms of seriousness of use, cannabis could be said to be in a similar category to the two, where as the likes of heroin and crack certainly are not.

robroy:
Ok, best avoided granted, but so is tobacco and alcohol, …but neither is illegal,.and that is the basis of my point.
I’d go as far as to (arguably) say that in terms of seriousness of use, cannabis could be said to be in a similar category to the two, where as the likes of heroin and crack certainly are not.

Good point, well made.
If alcohol or tobacco were not already around since whenever, and were discovered tomorrow, I bet they wouldn`t be allowed.
It seems an accident that they are legal, but, we are where we are…

Franglais:

robroy:

Good point, well made.
If alcohol or tobacco were not already around since whenever, and were discovered tomorrow, I bet they wouldn`t be allowed.
It seems an accident that they are legal, but, we are where we are…

Opium and Hemp remnants have been discovered in ancient Greece and Rome. Plus most of the pyramids had evidence of substance abuse. Walter Raleigh had a smoke in the 1500’s

Can’t see what’s wrong with carrying £2000 cash . :unamused:

Punchy Dan:

They took the 2 k till he can prove where it came from.
They will if he can’t prove it, confiscate the money under the proceeds of crime act.

He is on bail at the moment according to the NCA so he could in theory be innocent till proven guilty.
150kg of weed would cost you in the region of £950400 not the £1.5 million quoted in the press release, £180 for an ounce up here.

i normally carry around £1000 of cash in my wallet at any time.
if im buying a camper or van in england,then it can be up to £15k…it all depends on how you can prove where it came from when stopped/searched.
my mates mate got stopped and specifically asked how much money he was carrying coming off the dublin ferry which was £4k.
an hours hassle and they could see he was about to buy a machine as part of his collections in london and let go.
proof of not being a scally is all you need.

use a name:

Punchy Dan:

They will if he can’t prove it, confiscate the money under the proceeds of crime act.

He is on bail at the moment according to the the NCA so he could in theory be innocent till proven guilty.
150kg of weed would cost you in the region of £950400 not the £1.5 million quoted in the press release, £180 for an ounce up here.

Are you saying that the copper who wrote the tweet has been overcharged by his dealer than?

Franglais:

use a name:

Punchy Dan:

He is on bail at the moment according to the the NCA so he could in theory be innocent till proven guilty.

Are you saying that the copper who wrote the tweet has been overcharged by his dealer than?

Most definitely