Experience saturday work

hi all need some serious advice without the usual banter lol
I passed my class 1 2 years ago and since then driven artics twice I need to get some experience, I’ve driven waggon and drag for last 2 years,

Were are the best places to work Saturdays were theres no pressure so I can find my feet and gain a bit of class 1 experience rdc work be a better place to start i think, I’m based in South West, all advice greatly appreciated

Not sure where abouts you are in SW but try Tesco at Avonmouth,it will be on the agency but they are always short of drivers, if you’re Chepstow way it’s not that far.

Not sure where that’s coming from if you have 2 years driving a wagon and drag then you’re a lot more experienced than a artic driver, it should be a walk in the park for you
I would put it the other way around if a artic driver was going from artic to drag he would be looking for advice

In the opposite direction to Avonmouth isn’t there a Samworth Bros at Callington? That will be RDC work as will be Fowler Welch at Newton Abbot.

As others have said 2 years on wagon and drag means you shouldn’t need much time to get used to class 1.

I guess you are looking for agency work?
You say South West but where exactly?
There was plenty of work around Bristol area but now with the virus who knows what the agency situation is like… one way to find out…

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

LisasGuy:
Not sure where abouts you are in SW but try Tesco at Avonmouth,it will be on the agency but they are always short of drivers, if you’re Chepstow way it’s not that far.

Tesco is run you till you drop, pick you up and run you again. Not good for getting your feet under the table.

If there is a Co-op depot within driving range, they are so laid back we could use them for extra trailers if necessary, not to mention, a lot of manuals so you learn yet another skill! Its store deliveries and some of them are a little tight but having it easy means you never get any better.

nsmith1180:

LisasGuy:

Tesco is run you till you drop, pick you up and run you again. Not good for getting your feet under the table.

If there is a Co-op depot within driving range, they are so laid back we could use them for extra trailers if necessary, not to mention, a lot of manuals so you learn yet another skill! Its store deliveries and some of them are a little tight but having it easy means you never get any better.

TESCO Run you till you drop
I don’t think so I think you’ll find it’s the complete opposite

robthedog:

nsmith1180:

LisasGuy:

TESCO Run you till you drop
I don’t think so I think you’ll find it’s the complete opposite

My experience of Doncaster is that the words are right but the lived experience is that they will sweat you harder than they sweat the trucks, and they are 12 months old and falling apart!

That makes senses 'cos Tesco Donny ain’t really Tesco is it? They’ve absolved themselves from transport and subbed it out to a cowboy third party haulier who underbid in order to get the contract and are now desperately applying pressure to drivers in order to make any type of profit at all.