Hgv security guard for 21 pound a night

Hi have I got this correct. Somebody pays between 3000to 4000 including retests so they can sleep in a wagon and looking after the load for 21 pound a night( after a 15 hour shift) ? So your basically a security guard on a dark laybay as a lot of firms won’t pay the parking some will some won’t dont matter anyway both the same.Your looking after the load potential physical violence against you for 11 hours for 21 pounds a night. So 5 nights x 21 = 105 pound. So that’s 5 nights x approx 11 hours a night =55 hours.That amounts to about 1.90 pH ? And the chance of being stabbed or bushwhacked.

Truthsetyoufree:
Hi have I got this correct. Somebody pays between 3000to 4000 including retests so they can sleep in a wagon and looking after the load for 21 pound a night( after a 15 hour shift) ? So your basically a security guard on a dark laybay as a lot of firms won’t pay the parking some will some won’t dont matter anyway both the same.Your looking after the load potential physical violence against you for 11 hours for 21 pounds a night. So 5 nights x 21 = 105 pound. So that’s 5 nights x approx 11 hours a night =55 hours.That amounts to about 1.90 pH ? And the chance of being stabbed or bushwhacked.

We’ve got top notch trolls on here bud, you’ll need to do a lot better than that. :unamused:
I’d say…3 out of 10 for trying ,( 1 of them was for using the word ‘bushwacked’ btw :smiley: )
You’d have got 4 if you’d used a bit of grammar, but hey…keep trying. :wink:

Nothing worse than being bushwhacked in a laybay :smiley:

Trolling ■■? It’s a mathematical fact your being paid 2 pH as a security guard. Truth sets you free.

Truthsetyoufree:
Trolling ■■? It’s a mathematical fact your being paid 2 pH as a security guard. Truth sets you free.

Only if your taking responsibility of the vehicle and load for your time off on Rest. :unamused: :unamused:

Truthsetyoufree:

It would be if you were being paid to be a security guard, you’re not. You’re being paid £21 to sleep.

Truth might set you free but being a loonie leftie just makes you look like a nob.

Actually no, the truth doesn’t set you free. If the public knew what was happening in the cold war at the time, especially the Cuban Missile Crisis they most definitely wouldn’t have felt as free as they did not knowing. Millions if not billions of people sleep better than they would do if they knew the truth.

Years ago. I used drive a drop sided truck.
Loaded with all kinds of metal work allamninum strips…loose boxes and bags of fittings etc.
Did nights out…
After my 1st week .the fella who ran the place asked I I was finding it.
And I said fine just worried parked up at nights. People can see what I’ve got. They might decide to have it away with some of the bags /boxes.
His response was if they do they do.they can soon be replaced. .You can’t.
And that stays with me now.
I park where I feel it’s safe enough.
If stuff goes it goes.
Not my problem

Terry T:
Nothing worse than being bushwhacked in a laybay :smiley:

Not sure myself what that meant – dark ladyboy perhaps? :smiley:

Truthsetyoufree:

Only fact mate is that you speak fluent ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:
Truth sets you free eh.?..I bet you don’t even know what that means, nor be able to explain it.

1. I aint a security guard, I park in the safest place I can find at the time, so arse covered, if somebody wants to nick something let em crack on.

2.It’s subsistence or expenses, not hourly pay, granted yeh it should be more, but when contractors get an hourly rate for kipping in their caravans, and co.reps get an hourly rate for kipping in a Travelodge…, or anybody else in any other industry who work away (do YOU know anybody btw?) maybe then I’ll have a case, and try for it.
Next question.

I see a business opportunity here, the owner of the truck should be charging rent. Seventy-five percent of a motel tariff, per night. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Anyway, it’s £26.something these days, well, it is where I am. Anymore and they tax it.

nomiS36:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1

thats about as obvious as jaketramp ect posting before dicky after using the wrong login id but its only a matter of time before the inevitable denials and defending by attacking again.

to keep it on topic though,your only a security guard if you give a toss about anyone burgling the load or the fuel.
if you dont care other than to phone plod and imagine that they care anymore then you to do something about it,then your not being paid to be a security guard.
if you get the cab burgled,then thats just part of the job.
lest hope for some better attempts at being trollmeister of 2020 as the standards sofar are obvious and abysmal… :laughing:

Jake tramp ect before attacking again ■■?
Attacking what ? Are you sure your ok ? What are you on about .

This guy comes up with the same rubbish under different headings. Your driver shortage post askes the same thing. If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Look on the bright side you could be doing a 12 hour + shift of local multi drop.
Then you can have the worst of all worlds of bored out of your skull and knackered and having to add commuting time to the shift.Plus the costs of commuting and probably less sleep at the end of the day.Also having to pay for your dinner from your wages.

Or you could go back the old days of day cabs and digs totally reliant on cafes etc for your breaks.That’ll be fun with the tacho trying to get you nicked for 5 minutes over looking for somewhere to stay and park.Also no room to stow anything or to have a comfortable break on the road anywhere.

I guess that you’d find something to moan about even in the case of home every day bulk pallets distance runs or bulk refuse work or night trunking.

Train driving is obviously your best bet.Good luck with the application lottery.

Truthsetyoufree:
have I got this correct.

No

Plenty of bites, I would have thought the 21 was to feed yourself
The travellodge man gets a nice meal a nice bed and a nice breakfast, you would not get that for 21
But it is what it is and a way of life, not everyones cup of tea

Train driver application ? Mmmmmm seems there is a lot of unstable drivers out there. Maybe being on your own enjoying your 2 pH security job. Oh I mean your night out money ooppps I mean your feeding money ooppps I mean if they come to rob you of course there not crooks and they have morals and don’t want put a bar over your head is well . Oopps of course if they catch them you won’t have to stand in court and give police evidence as well so on and on all for 21 pound a night. It’s well worth it.

Suppose I’ll stop moaning even though I never done nights out and " just get on with it " . Make sure the boss gets that 2021 plate Jaguar in the yard hey.