M6/A556 link road

As you come off at junction 19 there’s currently a 30mph speed limit in place up the slip road and then for about half a mile along the A556 towards Manchester which then goes to 60mph. Limit is 30 so I do 30 and other professional drivers seem to want to ignore it. They then move out to overtake and go over the 30 limit but they then seem surprised that I accelerate to 56mph once we hit the 60 limit and leave them out in lane 2. Total lack of anticipation, what do they think another vehicle is going to do next at a speed limit increase? Not rocket science isn’t it. Not my fault they choose to go over the 30 limit due to unprofessional, impatient and couldn’t give a toss attitudes.

DickyNick:
As you come off at junction 19 there’s currently a 30mph speed limit in place up the slip road and then for about half a mile along the A556 towards Manchester which then goes to 60mph. Limit is 30 so I do 30 and other professional drivers seem to want to ignore it. They then move out to overtake and go over the 30 limit but they then seem surprised that I accelerate to 56mph once we hit the 60 limit and leave them out in lane 2. Total lack of anticipation, what do they think another vehicle is going to do next at a speed limit increase? Not rocket science isn’t it. Not my fault they choose to go over the 30 limit due to unprofessional, impatient and couldn’t give a toss attitudes.

Don’t know why I’m even responding to this crap :unamused: …but here goes.
Yeh it’s wrong to go over the speed limit, and yeh also probably unprofessional.
But so is hitting the max speed limit for no other reason other than to be a complete arse and keep somebody out to make a point.
If YOU were a true ‘professional’ you would just back off, let them pass, shake your head,.safe in the knowledge that you were a better driver and …you’ve guessed it, a true ‘professional’.

(Utter ■■■■ self righteous saddo, bore off ffs… :unamused: )

Oh dear

“ (Utter [zb] self righteous saddo, bore off ffs… :unamused: )” is that your signature rob? I wouldn’t talk about yourself like that. Maybe true but hey ho.

This thread used to run into about 17 pages once it reared its little head, some drivers not knowing the difference between 40 mph and 50 mph or a single or dual carriageway, since 2015 its been quite a rare thread.

DickyNick:
Oh dear

“ (Utter [zb] self righteous saddo, bore off ffs… :unamused: )” is that your signature rob? I wouldn’t talk about yourself like that. Maybe true but hey ho.

‘‘Oh dear’’ it as much as you like mate,
No it ain’t,… but your standard ‘signature post’ (along with a couple of other certain members :unamused: ) is to come on here, and continuously point out some or other negative event you see on the road, …the type of which, that all of us as full time pro drivers see every day) and then you sensationalise it as if it’s some kind of revelation.

Yeh, we get it (we all witness and see it) of course there are crap drivers in artics out there, just rise above it man, baiting them by being a complete arse and thus exacerbating the situation they have caused is not the answer, nor the actions of a true pro driver.

But the irony is lost on you that you slag off unprofessionalism on the road, and then go on to admit to retaliation which in it’s self is purely unprofessional.
Hope that explains.

Your a legend robroy.

DickyNick:
Your a legend robroy.

You’re*

Oh I do apologise but I didn’t realise my English teacher was on this forum to pick at spelling/punctuation/grammar errors

I may incorrectly spell the odd word now and again but I can read a number in a red circle and make sure my vehicle doesn’t exceed that speed

DickyNick:
I may incorrectly spell the odd word now and again but I can read a number in a red circle and make sure my vehicle doesn’t exceed that speed

Cool it mate, don’t bother, I’m with you on this…I AM a legend. :sunglasses: :wink: :smiley:

DickyNick:
Your a legend robroy.

At last RobRoy is officially a Legend… May I be the first to congratulate you on this exulted position that you have achieved,after years of trying… :smiley:

So you commendably stick to the 30mph limit but then deliberately ignore the Highway Code instruction that you should not accelerate when being overtaken? Excellent, you’ve not only totally disregarded instructions that I assume are your bible but you’ve also ■■■■■■ off countless car drivers stuck behind your infantile games? Professional my arse.

Highway Code rule 168.
If being overtaken… maintain a steady speed…slow down if necessary…speeding up…is dangerous…
Edit
Great minds…

biggriffin:

DickyNick:
Your a legend robroy.

At last RobRoy is officially a Legend… May I be the first to congratulate you on this exulted position that you have achieved,after years of trying… :smiley:

Cheers mate :smiley: :unamused: …but I think I’m weirdly at my happiest on here when the other regular
‘fan club members’ of mine, come on and call me an arrogant ■■■■ and all the rest of it… :laughing:

A bit of a ‘‘Hurt me more baby, I’m loving it’’ situation. . :laughing:

the maoster:
So you commendably stick to the 30mph limit but then deliberately ignore the Highway Code instruction that you should not accelerate when being overtaken? Excellent, you’ve not only totally disregarded instructions that I assume are your bible but you’ve also ■■■■■■ off countless car drivers stuck behind your infantile games? Professional my arse.

And maintained (and vindicated) the public perceived image of us all being unprofessional ■■■■ s by doing so.
Aye nice one Dicky.

Franglais:
Edit
Great minds…

Never been accused of that before! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

Franglais:
Edit
Great minds…

Alright.
I know I’m a fool, but wasn’t (quite) sure about you?

Franglais:

the maoster:

Franglais:
Edit
Great minds…

Alright.

God knows mate, I’m just here for the beer.

the maoster:

Franglais:

the maoster:

Franglais:
Edit
Great minds…

Alright.

God knows mate, I’m just here for the beer.

me too where’s the pop corn :smiley:

The overtaking rule you mention applies to overtaking on a single carriageway. Take a look at the bit about using motorways and dusk carriageways and that’s different.

The reason for the rule you state is to assist making it safe for an overtaking vehicle to move back in as soon as possible when on the opposite side of the road. Safety. Doesn’t apply on a road where you can’t go on the “wrong” side of the road.