M62 lad waving

Shared on behalf on someone:

Bit of an ask on behalf of a young man called Jamie-Luke. He is 5 years old and if you all aren’t aware, he is the little lad that stands on the bridge on the M62 at J29 waving at all the truckers with his dad. He has been on that bridge pretty much every day through covid showing his support to all truck drivers and he has become bit of a star so here’s what I’m planning and I hope some of you can help…
It’s his 6th birthday on the 16th June and I want to give him a mini truckshow on Saturday 20th June.
It will be at Hartshead Moor Services west bound and i ask that anyone who can make it, be there at 10am and he will arrive unknowingly at 10:15 for a huge surprise.
We will wish him happy birthday and let him look around the trucks and we will all leave at the same time at 11:30 (so we don’t get charged for parking) maybe even run up to J24 and then back giving him his own little birthday convoy.
If anyone is interested in taking part, please let me know and let his 6th birthday live long in his memory with us truckers showing him how grateful we are for his support!
If you want to follow Jamie-Luke and what he gets up to on the bridge, this is his page…
facebook.com/groups/6167897 … ?ref=share

I’ll see if I can get some traction with the Kinaxia crew, see if I can get them.on it to send a few along

I would be there if I still ran them shag. Eddie saw me off though.

You could try them lads that do the East Coast Truckers convoy. Probably have a Facebook page if you want to get in touch. What a little star. [emoji41][emoji573]

Oh, idea. Ask www.markthompsontransport.co.uk

Was speaking to one of drivers there recently & he seems like an OK bloke. He’s minted as well so I’m sure he could spare you a few motors. I’m sure most firms have trucks parked up at the moment. [emoji362]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

extrucker:

Bit of an ask on behalf of a young man called Jamie-Luke. He is 5 years old and if you all aren’t aware, he is the little lad that stands on the bridge on the M62 at J29 waving at all the truckers with his dad. He has been on that bridge pretty much every day through covid showing his support to all truck drivers and he has become bit of a star so here’s what I’m planning and I hope some of you can help…
It’s his 6th birthday on the 16th June and I want to give him a mini truckshow on Saturday 20th June.
It will be at Hartshead Moor Services west bound and i ask that anyone who can make it, be there at 10am and he will arrive unknowingly at 10:15 for a huge surprise.
We will wish him happy birthday and let him look around the trucks and we will all leave at the same time at 11:30 (so we don’t get charged for parking) maybe even run up to J24 and then back giving him his own little birthday convoy.
If anyone is interested in taking part, please let me know and let his 6th birthday live long in his memory with us truckers showing him how grateful we are for his support!
If you want to follow Jamie-Luke and what he gets up to on the bridge, this is his page…

M62 J29… ? On the bridge? Are you sure? That is Lofthouse interchange. As a womble you should know that it isn’t possible without breaking the law. :open_mouth:

Silver_Surfer:
I would be there if I still ran them shag. Eddie saw me off though.

You could try them lads that do the East Coast Truckers convoy. Probably have a Facebook page if you want to get in touch. What a little star. [emoji41][emoji573]

Oh, idea. Ask markthompsontransport.co.uk

Was speaking to one of drivers there recently & he seems like an OK bloke. He’s minted as well so I’m sure he could spare you a few motors. I’m sure most firms have trucks parked up at the moment. [emoji362]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark Thompson are in with us so I should get the alarm bells ringing

I’ve fired a few emails to a few people about it now so will see what happens. I’ll bring mine up if its allowed. I’m sure there’s some lads at Bay Freight, Mark Thomspon, William Kirk, AKW too.

worthwhile cause and all that,and no doubt if even 3 trucks appeared ht kid will have a memorable day,
but the devil inside my head cant help thinking…

youtube.com/watch?v=1j763lmAAP0 :smiley:

Used to see him nearly every day and give him a blast of my horns on my 69 plate XFSSC, until last week when I changed jobs and now sit on the other side of the desk.

Give this lad your support if you can.

I have him, his Dad and his Mum on FB, and they have shown such support recently in these trying times.

I will probably go to Hartshead in the car, if only to see you guys off.

Ken.

R420:
M62 J29… ? On the bridge? Are you sure? That is Lofthouse interchange. As a womble you should know that it isn’t possible without breaking the law. :open_mouth:

There is also a pedestrian bridge nearby.

I live not too far from it

Ken.

Is he a local lad ken■■? I also live nearby and seen him regular,seems to not be there much now,I’m not on Facebook so don’t know.
Thought you loved your job didn’t think you’d swap it for a desk job.

I’ve passed it up the chain with my lot so wee what they come up with

Afternoon.

My lot are happy to do something, but they’re looking for suggestions as to what can be done. Basically I’m looking for any ideas and also some links to open groups or YouTube links etc so I can point them in the right direction.

Anyone able to put me in touch with someone about getting more details. My lot can do something but I need to liase. Problem is I’m not on Facebook and can’t find any of his videos on YouTube

R420:

extrucker:

Not sure how a womble four years ago on the M1 in Bedfordshire would know the layout of a junction on the M62■■ :laughing: :laughing:

As a professional driver, you should know that Bedfordshire is no where near the M62 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

R420:

There are a couple of overbridges within the junction complex - one a footbridge, the other a local road with footway. As a professional driver surely you would have noticed these…?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

R420:

There are a couple of overbridges within the junction complex - one a footbridge, the other a local road with footway. As a professional driver surely you would have noticed these…?

Can’t be driving a DAF with EABS anyhow.
That would have slammed the emergency anchors on twice: once for each bridge!

Franglais:

Roymondo:

R420:

Can’t be driving a DAF with EABS anyhow.
That would have slammed the emergency anchors on twice: once for each bridge!

Nah - professional drivers turn off all that namby-pamby stuff :slight_smile:

yorkshire terrier:
Is he a local lad ken■■? I also live nearby and seen him regular,seems to not be there much now,I’m not on Facebook so don’t know.

The family got warned off one of the other bridges in the area, I think, by someone complaining about the noise of horns!!! Not sure if the local plod had a word. It’s a motorway ffs.

I haven’t seen him much lately either, so don’t know if the same thing has happened.

Anyhow. Decided on a desk job as the package was too good to turn down.

Ken.

For those that want to do something, give me a day or two to see if I can get someone on the FB page to come on here.

Ken.

Quinny:
For those that want to do something, give me a day or two to see if I can get someone on the FB page to come on here.

Ken.

Sound. Are you able to get a link for a YouTube video at all? I swear I’ve seen one on there before but can’t find it again qnd I’m not on Facebook.

If i can find one I can send it back in to my lot and get some more traction going.

Quinny:

yorkshire terrier:

The family got warned off one of the other bridges in the area, I think, by someone complaining about the noise of horns!!! Not sure if the local plod had a word. It’s a motorway ffs.

I haven’t seen him much lately either, so don’t know if the same thing has happened.

Anyhow. Decided on a desk job as the package was too good to turn down.

Ken.

Your old driving job ain’t going free is it ken■■?
Sounded a great job