And we wonder why people don’t like us [Merged]

So the mrs was with a colleague yesterday, colleague driving. Nervous driver, little experience, but needs must has to get from A to B. They are on a motorway and this nervous driver stays at 50mph. Also thinks at a junction they must move to lane 2 regardless until past the junction before moving back to lane 1. So they do this, in lane at 50mph with nothing in lane 1. Wrong I know and frustrating for anything behind.

What does mr bully boy professional driver in an artic do as a reaction to this? Accelerates up close behind to a point where it was scary for those in the car. Then continues to drive a few inches from the back, blowing the horn and flashing the lights.

I know the car driver is wrong, but it cost about 30 seconds to mr bully boy big ■■■■■■■■ until they moved back into lane 1 after the junction.

And we wonder we are hated and no one supports us through a lock down when we are moaning we can’t get a shower and a brew? Drivers like that bring it on for us and with bullying behaviour like that you can’t really expect to gain any respect from people.

Let’s face it the minority always spoil everything in life for the majority and drivers like this are the reason the public think we’re bullies and vermin and have no sympathy when we can’t get a hot meal at services.

1. shouldn’t be doing 50mph
  2. shouldn’t be Lane hogging
    Deserves the colleague right…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:

Another reason why we are hated when people like you justify that behaviour , were you mr perfect when you had just passed your driving test ?

Of course I knew there will some on here that we’re with dangerous bully tactics. Not a professional way of dealing with another wrong though is it?

Moving out for a junction then moving back after the junction isn’t really lane hogging. But I already said I know it’s the wrong way to drive.

It took 30 seconds to pass a junction then move back.

The fact you agree the hgv driver is right means your one of the reasons people hate us. Well done sir thank you very much.

rigsby:

mark1284:

Another reason why we are hated when people like you justify that behaviour , were you mr perfect when you had just passed your driving test ?

Exactly some drivers don’t have much motorway experience and have never really been taught. Some hate driving on them with a passion but some times simply needs must. To then get that reaction from a profession driver for something you think you are doing right (moving out to allow traffic from a junction to join)…as you say we are hated because of this bullying behaviour and hated because of the other truck drivers that justify it. And then expect the nation to take pity on us when we can’t buy a coffee when out on the road.

Consider yourselves…

Lucky, Scotty would have run right over the top of you.

When people don’t use sensible road lane discipline or make normal progress then frustration happens, there’s lots of incompetent driving out there in all sorts of vehicles.
Most lorry drivers wouldn’t have done the tailgating flashing routine, they’d have simply stayed at their chosen cruising speed and gone past the slower travelling lane on the inside (which apprently didn’t have joining traffic?), which isn’t undertaking by the way.

Might be an idea for this car driver to get a P plate or make up a sign saying ‘new driver’ or something similar, so others understand the driving isn’t deliberately to baulk others (they do exist) or just oblivious to everyone else, but simply new driver nerves.

Juddian:
When people don’t use sensible road lane discipline or make normal progress then frustration happens, there’s lots of incompetent driving out there in all sorts of vehicles.
Most lorry drivers wouldn’t have done the tailgating flashing routine, they’d have simply stayed at their chosen cruising speed and gone past the slower travelling lane on the inside (which apprently didn’t have joining traffic?), which isn’t undertaking by the way.

Might be an idea for this car driver to get a P plate or make up a sign saying ‘new driver’ or something similar, so others understand the driving isn’t deliberately to baulk others (they do exist) or just oblivious to everyone else, but simply new driver nerves.

P plate L plate no plates doesn’t matter. A reaction like that from a professional driver is the reason we’re hated. Plain and simple. It’s incorrect of the car driver but ultimately cost the pro driver clearly in some massive rush about 30 seconds. As you say, if he was a good driver anyway he could have stayed in lane 1 and passed up the inside which isn’t a purposeful undertake so totally legal.

No sympathy. The Highway Code is freely available to everyone. If they choose not to use it and educate themselves on how to drive legally and safely then they shouldn’t cry when they get “bullied”. The situation is entirely of their own making. You won’t get much sympathy here - and rightly so.

R420:
No sympathy. The Highway Code is freely available to everyone. If they choose not to use it and educate themselves on how to drive legally and safely then they shouldn’t cry when they get “bullied”. The situation is entirely of their own making. You won’t get much sympathy here - and rightly so.

Well I hope your not one of these drivers who went crying on social media that they couldn’t get a hot meal or a brew when lockdown first started and expected sympathy from the public for it. Public don’t tend give sympathy to bullies who can’t wait for 30 seconds.

Probably moving out for the junction so They are ready when some professional driver comes hurtling down the slip road who hasn’t read the Highway Code you mentioned expecting traffic to give way to them.

I wouldn’t of used the bully boy tactics i would of went past on the inside. I see too much of it to actually give a ■■■■

DickyNick:

rigsby:

mark1284:

Exactly some drivers don’t have much motorway experience and have never really been taught. Some hate driving on them with a passion but some times simply needs must. To then get that reaction from a profession driver for something you think you are doing right (moving out to allow traffic from a junction to join)…as you say we are hated because of this bullying behaviour and hated because of the other truck drivers that justify it. And then expect the nation to take pity on us when we can’t buy a coffee when out on the road.

No I wasn’t mr perfect but i did have common sense and lane discipline

R420:

Is that the same Highway Code that talks about safe distances? Correct use of the horn? Correct use of flashing lights? That neither should be used in aggression? And the same Highway Code that says you should be patient with other road uses mistakes. Yeah? That one? Yeah I thought so…

DickyNick:

R420:

Well I hope your not one of these drivers who went crying on social media that they couldn’t get a hot meal or a brew when lockdown first started and expected sympathy from the public for it. Public don’t tend give sympathy to bullies who can’t wait for 30 seconds.

Probably moving out for the junction so They are ready when some professional driver comes hurtling down the slip road who hasn’t read the Highway Code you mentioned expecting traffic to give way to them.

• You’re.

And no, I’m not a snowflake so I wouldn’t be whining about not being able to get a brew. There are these wonderful inventions called flasks and coffee machines. :unamused:

Learn how to drive. Sorry, tell your “colleague” how to drive. :unamused:

Sounds like the colleague needs some time with a driving instructor to get up to a proper standard.

In the mean time, fit P plates and reacquaint themselves with the highway code

If you hold back others making progress, you shouldn’t be on the road and funnily enough, you wont pass a driving test dawdling around either.

It’s to be hoped that Dickynick obtained the phone no. of his wife’s colleague so he could ring him or her up and explain
1 why the lorry driver was annoyed and
2 how to drive on a motorway without causing annoyance and inconvenience to others.

And yes I would have gone passed the incompetent on the near side and probably suggested they stop for one of those coffees that Nickydick so obviously couldn’t obtain at some point and is still blaming all of us for his desperate thirst.

DickyNick:
So the mrs was with a colleague yesterday, colleague driving. Nervous driver, little experience, but needs must has to get from A to B. They are on a motorway and this nervous driver stays at 50mph. Also thinks at a junction they must move to lane 2 regardless until past the junction before moving back to lane 1. So they do this, in lane at 50mph with nothing in lane 1. Wrong I know and frustrating for anything behind.

More annoying your missus didn’t pipe up about it the 1st/2nd/3rd time.

Im assuming this took place on the M6?

The tailgating out of hand but colleague sounds dangerous and maybe should pay for a few m.way lessons and keep off them until she knows what shes doing. I was worried about my sister in laws driving and lack of m.way boys. She lives just off A1 near colsterworth and would often overtake brake late then turn off the little lane with no slip road oblivious to her actions making vehicles behind brake or change lanes.i even tried advising her to use colsterworth junction with proper slips but no that would take a few seconds more to go down the lanes. We had a phone call in March just after the lock down she had been air lifted to Nottingham. Both legs broke 1 above and below the knee broken ribs broken collar bone and luckily the head injury not fatal. Cant have visitors because of co.vid and do t know if walk again. We think she was at fault unfortunately but what must the driver of the 8 wheeler feel like when he’s done that when it wasnt his fault. My other half in bits about it as she cant even go and see her sister. So ease get your colleague to get trained.i too would have done the undertake. Just an extra note whilst shes been in Q.M.C my sister got rushed in and passed away. I was allowed 1hr with my sis as she was palliative but couldn’t even say hello to sister in law on a nearby ward

Sad and rough times old timer - commisserations.