Good news for you Stobart haters

google.com/url?sa=t&source= … 5zF8oq4suw

Could this be the long awaited final curtain soooo many would love to see?

Let the hate rain down [emoji849][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

100 jobs, a mere drop in the ocean tbh. If those 100 are made of middle management would anybody actually notice?

the maoster:
100 jobs, a mere drop in the ocean tbh. If those 100 are made of middle management would anybody actually notice?

Be a blessing, maybe he’s weeding out the freeloaders finally…

I’d read somewhere they lost a contract up country, so could be why, but it’s a bit like when all the homebase went off, there were millions to be laid off, much like this now according to social media [emoji849]

Can’t see any drivers taking pleasure in other drivers losing their jobs tbh, Stobarts or otherwise.
Not too keen on Stobbies, but I’ve no probs with their drivers, so no ‘hate’ from my direction. :neutral_face:

If it is only 100 jobs in a nationwide firm, then I’d have to agree with my esteemed colleague who argues “It is a drop in the bucket”.

It isn’t even a “Managing the Surplus Network” thing, where at least one gets a payoff above the government minimum, presumably…

There’s no rule that demands a non-bust outfit pay above that though - is there?

Maybe this whole thing is a symptom of the death of the GIG economy rather than what we used to call “The Suplus Network”, i.e. Block Bookers of Agency, that surely will be finding a changed world awaiting them once the lockdown is over, let alone during it continuing as is surely is right now?

Firms will consolidate all jobs into fresh contracts - kinda like what firms like Swains might have done for years beforehand…
More jobs thus created, but a total cutting out of dependence on agency… Ongoingly… :unamused: :blush:

I know we don’t like stobarts but if anyone actually takes pleasure in seeing someone lose their job just because they work for them your a disgrace to the human race. I’ve said it before I have no sympathy for the actually company and the directors if they go under due to all the smaller outfits they’ve put out of business but I don’t want the average driver, mechanic or office monkey to be made redundant through it and certainly wouldn’t be happy if they do.

robroy:
Can’t see any drivers taking pleasure in other drivers losing their jobs tbh, Stobarts or otherwise.
Not too keen on Stobbies, but I’ve no probs with their drivers, so no ‘hate’ from my direction. :neutral_face:

Totally agree bud, hence my middle management comment. My honest opinion is that drivers will not be laid off for the simple reason that out of all the rafts of managers, consulatants, H&S facilitators, planners and focus group members that these monoliths employ there is actually only one group of workers who are genuine revenue generators, yep, us, the drivers the rest are (with the best will in the world) financial drains at the final reckoning. Any company director or whatever who doesn’t recognise that small but vital fact deserves his/her redundancy.

robroy:

Yeah, never had any problems with Stobart drivers. Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing guys being laid off?

Glad to see on here at least, (till the usuals turn up [emoji8][emoji38]) folks are caring of the drivers plight.

I’d go back to em tomorrow, it’s the nylon that does it for me [emoji16]

Its the office bods who will make the majority. Most of Stobbies drivers in the Midlands are agency staff. Most agencies are going to go under.

One thing shows here though:

Paying less than the next yard - does NOT mean “Your yard is the last to go under”…

When the boardrooms decide that “Staff Wages” isn’t some kind of “money for filth” but rather an investment in the best assets they’ll ever have - perhaps we’ll see firms folding in some kind of “wages-led order”. Don’t hold your breath though.

As I’ve just found out the hard way - the client yard wins from the agency “partnership” - the right to otherwise ride roughshod over any staff any way any how.
Even the full time staff end up being losers when the firm starts involving agency, as firms pushed into working extra hours “for free” on their “salaried” contracts - already know, of course. :unamused:
Agency Workers Gone = All the work that used to be done by agency shared out among the full timers - but paid no overtime for covering such jobs!

WheelsofCardiff:
Its the office bods who will make the majority. Most of Stobbies drivers in the Midlands are agency staff. Most agencies are going to go under.

They only use they’re own one though don’t they, logistics people?

They closed recruiting off the Stobart site months ago, and what’s on logistics peoples is, well to me at least, just page filler for non existing jobs just to keep the page alive.

You’ll find all companies will be trimming more staff as the furlough scheme is curtailed. As the cost of keeping drivers at home twiddling their thumbs rises, the accountants will start swinging their axes.

robroy:

.* 1

Given that most of Stobbies driver workforce are agency, I would say that this report of 100 permie redundancies won’t be on the driver side of the business as that would surely mean all the agency drivers would have to go first which would be a few hundred drivers across the various sites in the UK. Or maybe it’s part of a plan to get rid of the permies and just use ZHC agency staff? (hopefully Winseer doesn’t see this comment or we’re all doomed).

the problem with them since the early 80’s has been their business module which destroyed many good established haulage co’s…

m.a.n rules:
the problem with them since the early 80’s has been their business module which destroyed many good established haulage co’s…

Maybe the established hauliers should have stuck together an agreed too undercut them right back over the border then?
Didn’t the Irish firms send em packing when they dared to cross the stream…
And their European ventures haven’t exactly paid off, nor their brick, car transporter, logging… Ventures.

Too me that’s the only way your ever gonna stop these monsters taking over, as ‘Ali G’ would say, 'it’s time too lay down your uzis, put down your AK’s and unite, into one massif , MASSIF… ’

David slayed Goliath, so whys no one done it with stobart, Wincanton, xpo, dhl, aaaand all the others?

Nowt to do with all the foreign cash behind them all I don’t suppose, generated by native shareholders seeking those silent returns to pay for that nice holiday…

Everybody in the world is bent, its just a question of how much it’ll take to bend em over.

Benjie83:

m.a.n rules:

Maybe the established hauliers should have stuck together an agreed too undercut them right back over the border then?
Didn’t the Irish firms send em packing when they dared to cross the stream…

]And other European countries too when they tried to undercut the rates , Spain being the biggest

And their European ventures haven’t exactly paid off, nor their brick, car transporter, logging… Ventures.

Too me that’s the only way your ever gonna stop these monsters taking over, as ‘Ali G’ would say, 'it’s time too lay down your uzis, put down your AK’s and unite, into one massif , MASSIF… ’
David slayed Goliath, so whys no one done it with stobart, Wincanton, xpo, dhl, aaaand all the others?
Nowt to do with all the foreign cash behind them all I don’t suppose, generated by native shareholders seeking those silent returns to pay for that nice holiday…
Everybody in the world is bent, its just a question of how much it’ll take to bend em over.

Top post Benjie

I bow to your superior knowledge of the industry as I’ve only done 40 yrs…

p.s where in my post did I mention undercutting ■■

Hello we are pleased to update you that the weekend rates for fte drivers at rugby will increase from Sunday 7th June 2020 , please log into joined up to see new rates
Recieved today !!!