Feeling abandoned (furlough) any one else

Well I’ve been furloughed now 8 weeks and it seems all the golden balls are now back ,
But me and the rest of us who don’t ■■■■ up are still on furlough some 9 weeks

Grow up.

You are literally getting paid to sit at home. Enjoy it!

If you want to work so bad, jump on with the agency.

Stop crying.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

blue estate:
Well I’ve been furloughed now 8 weeks and it seems all the golden balls are now back ,

I’ve been off on statutory sick for about that I know they laid a few drivers off so in 2 minds when sick note runs out to see if theres work for me to restart or get another sick note.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

blue estate:

I really sympathise with you mate, sat at home in the sun, pleasing yourself and getting paid 80% (some on 100%) through all that hardship.
I can only feel smug that I am sat here in a ■■■■ hole rdc in Kent since 9 this morning, and still waiting for a bay. :sunglasses: …living the dream.
I was in furlough for 8 weeks, it was hell also sat drinking, eating,.sat in the sun, time with my wife etc while all those lucky ■■■■ s were out on the road in a truck.
I feel your pain.

robroy:

blue estate:

I really sympathise with you mate, sat at home in the sun, pleasing yourself and getting paid 80% (some on 100%) through all that hardship.
I can only feel smug that I am sat here in a [zb] hole rdc in Kent since 9 this morning, and still waiting for a bay. :sunglasses: …living the dream.
I was in furlough for 8 weeks, it was hell also sat drinking, eating,.sat in the sun, time with my wife etc while all those lucky [zb] s were out on the road in a truck.
I feel your pain.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: How far is that tongue in your cheek Rob :question: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve seen a few of yours about and wondered if you wer still off.

I wish I was…

At my place most are back apart from those with health issues that need shielding and those with childcare. I was off for four weeks and id take the lot over again given the chance.

The large company I work for has now announced 100 redundancies, 11 of which are drivers on overnight pallets/ day shift.
I’ve been furloughed for three weeks so I’ll be going back on Wednesday to redundancy negotiations

toonsy:

I wish I was…

At my place most are back apart from those with health issues that need shielding and those with childcare. I was off for four weeks and id take the lot over again given the chance.

All I will say is golden ball and sunshine’s out their @@@@@

Sent while in furlough

blue estate:

robroy:

blue estate:

I can only feel smug that I am sat here in a [zb] hole rdc in Kent since 9 this morning, and still waiting for a bay. :sunglasses: …living the dream.
I was in furlough for 8 weeks, it was hell also sat drinking, eating,.sat in the sun, time with my wife etc while all those lucky [zb] s were out on the road in a truck.
I feel your pain.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: How far is that tongue in your cheek Rob :question: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ve got me sussed. :laughing: :laughing:
Enjoy the time off while you can, you’ll be back doing all this transport dogcrap soon enough. :cry:

I’m actually loosing track of the number of weeks I’ve been off, and due to the low volume of shifts the agency is currently getting from the client it isn’t enough for them to take me off furlough so there doesn’t appear to be an end to it very soon, if it dies off totally by the end of the furlough scheme I’m not gonna panic as there’s always other avenues. Despite the 80% coming in cash flow has never been an issue for me, so paying the bills is something I don’t have to think about.
The sunshine & relaxation of lockdown is making it far easier to make the most of the time off, and I’ve just finished off today the last of the next lot of DCPC training which should see me up to September 2029.

blue estate:

toonsy:

I wish I was…

Sent while in furlough

Have you fell out of love with your company mate noticed you’ve changed your avatar,must say though I much prefer a dog to a truck any day

Uncleskid:

blue estate:

toonsy:

I wish I was…

Sent while in furlough

Have you fell out of love with your company mate noticed you’ve changed your avatar,must say though I much prefer a dog to a truck any day

Just a bit miffed why they couldn’t rotate us a bit

Sent while in furlough

robroy:

blue estate:

I feel your pain.

I’ve heard of this Kent of which you speak :laughing: PD has just swapped a load to Dartford for one to Liverpool then clitheroe Bradford & Sheffield happy days :wink:

blue estate:

I’m surprised - things are getting well busy in our part of the world - truck traffic seems to be back to pre Covid.

blue estate:

Think i would start looking around to cover myself

Bigtruck3:

blue estate:

Think i would start looking around to cover myself

One step ahead of you

Sent while in furlough

I think we been off the same amount of time, since the end of march? I lost count of weeks after about 2 :laughing: but i was pretty gutted earlier, got the call saying ill be back in work from 8th June. Really was hoping to see it out a few more months, just to get my welding on my ■■■■■■ van finished, and moved into my new house by end of June, and get my boy riding his bike Properly without stabilisers. Literally not given lorry driving a second thought from the moment i cleared the cab out on march 31st

bristolrob:
I think we been off the same amount of time, since the end of march? I lost count of weeks after about 2 :laughing: but i was pretty gutted earlier, got the call saying ill be back in work from 8th June. Really was hoping to see it out a few more months, just to get my welding on my ■■■■■■ van finished, and moved into my new house by end of June, and get my boy riding his bike Properly without stabilisers. Literally not given lorry driving a second thought from the moment i cleared the cab out on march 31st

Sounds like you have a lot going on

bristolrob:

Mk3? Please let it be! :laughing: They’re all but impossible to find nowadays.

Gavv8:
The large company I work for has now announced 100 redundancies, 11 of which are drivers on overnight pallets/ day shift.
I’ve been furloughed for three weeks so I’ll be going back on Wednesday to redundancy negotiations

Green, red and white trucks? Might be pure coincidence but chatting with the transport planner of our neighbouring haulage co over a cig break yesterday, he said they were expecting to have to lay off around 100 drivers once furlough ends and they are part of a pallet network too. Most of their fleet has been parked up since the end of March.

I don’t think people realise what’s coming down the pipes. Pretty much everyone I know and speak to thinks once it “blows over” we’ll be “back to normal” again and they’re not in the least bit concerned about their job, despite many of them being in retail, leisure, entertainment and hospitality industries which are hardest hit.

Drivers should take a look at indeed.co.uk and search for hgv work in their area. Remove the fake book-padding non-existent agency ads and see how much permie jobs are advertised. You can count them on one hand, and that’s if there’s any vacancies at all. How do you fancy your chances competing with a few hundred other drivers for the same single vacancy? :bulb: