Feeling abandoned (furlough) any one else

dozy:
Mates I did work with were furloughed , they’ve now been given the option of comming back to work but there work place will relocate from 50-70 miles away from there present work place ( there day shift drivers ) , this will be a permanent transfer not a temporary transfer , they’ve opted to take redundancy instead

That sounds like the deal at Brakes I got offered - Transfer to artic work out of Harlow, Stay at Aylesford - but on C2 work early doors - or take Redundancy.

I took the Redundancy. No way I could make it pay crossing the river and a 100mile around trip every day, “five day week” as well.
That was over £100 per week in petrol alone at the time, plus 10 dartford crossing tolls, not to mention 15 hours of my time wasted commuting - for the same money?
No thanks.

The C2 job locally - dropped by £5kpa the following year, so I didn’t take that neither.

A couple of the other guys expressed an interest, so then the firm had to admit that there was only actually TWO artic jobs being kept (there were nine of us) meaning that we had been invited to backstab each other in order to get that job, you know - grass each other up, refer to “incidents” the firm might not know about, etc.

I’d already walked by that point, so that didn’t affect me.

They laid me off just before my third anniversary there as well, to presumably try and get out of paying me an extra year’s worth of redundancy money… Shot themselves in the foot there though, because the serverance payment I was then entitled to for leaving “suddenly”, ended up being more than the single month’s redundancy “extra” that I now didn’t qualify for… :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :grimacing:
…I dropped into Staffline on the way home that day, and was thus “employed” within 90 minutes of walking out of Brakes Yard for the last time… But of course, I came a cropper there eventually, thanks to this lockdown that rumbles on…