Driver's Hours And Yard Practices

Bandit5070:
Hello everyone!
I’m a new member and this is my first post.
I have a few questions and points to put to all you seasoned truckers out there, to get your thoughts and feedback.

Bit of a long one, so bear with me!
I work for a small company that has 4 vans and one 18t truck, which I drive. I’ve held the Class 2 licence for just over 3yrs.
End of last summer we had a new Transport Coordinator start with us. Previously she had worked for a small company looking after a fleet of vans. I think because of the 18t she needed to be put on the CPC Management course to be a “proper” transport manager. So she had her course in March, just before lockdown. Before that from the New Year, to help her keep track of my hours she asked me to give her my driving time at each stop that I did on my routes. Which I willing did, giving her the accumulated time on my tacho. I remember the second occasion I gave her my time she questioned it and I just explained that the time counts up on the tacho. (I know some tachos count down from 4.5hrs, but mine counts up) So that was the accumulated time. I think she was expecting me to give her the time between each stop. But all was fine, and for weeks at every interval I stopped at a delivery or collection or for a break I’d give her my driving time from my tacho.
After her 2 week course, the Monday she came back to work, I had to go from our depot in Basingstoke to Bristol. Because there was an accident on the M4 and I couldn’t find the place I was going to it took me about an hour longer than it should’ve. When I arrived I gave her my driving time, as usual. She asked if I’d got my calculations right, because I’d left at this time and it was now this time so that’s this long. I said that the time I had given her was from my tacho, and there was an accident etc. She replied that sitting in traffic still counts as driving time.
On the way back I had to stop for my 45, and I called the DVSA to check. They agreed with me that driving time is only when the wheels are turning. Irrespective of how long I’ve been sat at the wheel. So when I got back to the office I spoke to her quietly and privately and told her that the times I give her were indeed my driving hours. She was adamant I was wrong, took me into the office in front of everyone and told me I was wrong again, explaining again the time I’d left, time I’d arrived etc. I said well that’s what it’s got on my tacho and that’s what they go by, meaning DVSA. She said “No they don’t!” and gave me a load of her course paperwork to read.
Now I’ve asked at least 5 other drivers, one being a Transport Manager, about this and they all agree with me. I have also emailed DVSA and asked them the same question, giving the full Basingstoke to Bristol story. They have come back to me stating that driving time is the accumulated time on my tacho, not the hours I’ve been sat at the wheel. A day or so later she texted me to tell me futher that an owner of a trucking company had told her to tell me that I need to put my tacho onto POA or break when I stop in traffic. Incidentally she failed her exam and has to resit it.

What are your thoughts on this?

Also. She’s set new rules on vehicle movement in the yard, which is private land. No vehicle can be moved without full checks being carried out. Even if only being moved within the yard.
Is this reasonable? I ask because very often it’s not a driver who moves the vehicles, sometimes it’s one of the warehouse guys. Who I can guarantee will not do the full checks, if any. And sometimes the truck needs to be moved. I am the ONLY person who holds an HGV licence in the whole company, so by rights I am the only person who can or should move the truck.
When testing brake lights on the vehicles we either put a weight on the brake pedal, or a pole wedged safely between brake pedal and seat. Obviously with the ignition on ONLY and not with the engine running. She says this is a major H&S breach. Is it? I’ve asked HSE but they just said they’d need to investigate… Driver training says to ask someone to stand at the back of the vehicle and assist, or to back upto a reflective surface. But there are no reflective surfaces and we are often the only person in the building if we’re going out early. And if she’s so hot on H&S then surely, as I say, I am the ONLY person who should ever move the truck.
So my questions are…

Is she being unreasonable by insisting that vehicle checks be done if only moving a vehicle in the yard?

Is placing a pole or weight on a brake pedal with ignition on but engine off a H&S breach? And if so should nobody other than me EVER move the truck?

I’m right about driving hours aren’t I?

Thoughts and opinions on all this greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Latest news…
Tax was due on three of our vans on May 1st. She only told us yesterday. She went to the office today to get the logbooks to tax at least one of the vans, because it is needed tonight, but no logbooks could be found. At least one of the vans has been driven by one of the guys a few times. And once by me. All last month. With no tax.