HGV Driver - Online CPC Training- £35 [Merged]

totaljobs.com/job/hgv-drive … 30520_T8SA

Has anyone heard of this? Is it legit or a scam?

Virtue Transport Training and Recruitment are currently offering online CPC Training for £35 per module.
£35 includes upload, VAT. No hidden extras.
Courses begin at 08:00 each morning, Monday to Friday and are hosted via an online platform which can be accessed on any tablet, laptop, pc or smart phone
Monday - Drivers’ Hours and Driver Welfare
Tuesday - Tachograph Awareness and Rules of the Road
Wednesday- Driver Health/ Well-being and fire safety
Thursday - Vehicle checks (advanced) and reporting
Friday - Fuel Efficient Driving and Loading/unloading
All course completions uploaded to DVSA within 24 hours, certificates emailed within 24 hours.
Completion of the course will add 5 years to your current expiry date of CPC
Booking is simple and can be accessed by anyone in the British Isles. Simply do one of the below to get the wheels moving
Call 01698 674 019
Text ‘CPC £35’ to 07702868807
Hit APPLY on this advert and we will give you a call
#CPC #Drivers
Reference: Totaljobs/www.vr-services.co.uk
Job ID: 90073483

Hard to see how you’d make this pay as a legit operation, it certainly wouldn’t be lucrative

Even as a one-man operation working from your own home you’d struggle to make this financially viable, even if you were basing it on National Minimum Wage level:
£35 - £8.75 upload fee = £26.25
£26.25 - VAT @20% = £21

Paying yourself £8.72 for 7 hours for the course, plus an hour each side of that for the admin side of the situation = £78.48, and that is without considering other employment requirements (tax, NI, Pension etc etc)

So if you had a minimum of 4 people every day you’d take home slightly more than you get for flipping burgers,
but less than you’d get for an average agency driving job, while boring yourself daft with the same material week after week, and having to put up with the usual bleating about how it’s all a bunch of rowlocks anyway.

I think I’d rather be back on the bin wagons myself

EDIT: This outfit aren’t listed on the JAUPT list of approved Remote DCPC providers, neither by their postcode nor by the company name
jaupt.org.uk/news/2020/04/march-2020/

I can confirm that this is a legit training company, with training delivered from very experienced staff.
I attended 2 days last week, and the trainer was both very knowledgeable and explained the course well.
John made the course very inclusive for the 7 delegates in the session. There were transport managers and drivers on the course.

I have received my certificates from VR and can confirm that the hours have been uploaded to the DVSA.

I can recommend VR and will happily answer questions about the training. In my opinion, it is £35 well spent.

Could be a “Pile it high, flog it cheap” deal where you turn up, and it turns out the course is being held in the Royal Albert Hall… :stuck_out_tongue:

If they’re using Zoom it’s possible to get up to 100 computers connected to the event, but Zoom is riddled with Chinese malware despite there being a 500% increase in downloads of the software during lockdown. As it’s the go to software for schools and activities

4yorks:
Has anyone heard of this? Is it legit or a scam?

www.vr-services.co.uk

The accreditation/approval can be checked publicly on the JAUPT website:

AC00475

The source is here, but you’ll need to scroll right to the bottom of the page:

https://vr-services.co.uk/training-academy/d-cpc-module-4/

stevielew:
I can confirm that this is a legit training company, with training delivered from very experienced staff.
I attended 2 days last week, and the trainer was both very knowledgeable and explained the course well.
John made the course very inclusive for the 7 delegates in the session. There were transport managers and drivers on the course.

I have received my certificates from VR and can confirm that the hours have been uploaded to the DVSA.

I can recommend VR and will happily answer questions about the training. In my opinion, it is £35 well spent.

When you say that you attended 2 days last week, do you mean you did it on line or did you attend the classroom ?

UKtramp:

stevielew:

When you say that you attended 2 days last week, do you mean you did it on line or did you attend the classroom ?

I can also confirm its legit, I have now completed 4 days with VR online, the latest one being today, the other 3 have been uploaded and are showing as valid.

DRIVER CPC 4U AC00475 MODULAR DRIVER CPC COURSE CRS12098/475 21/04/2020 7 Valid
DRIVER CPC 4U AC00475 MODULAR DRIVER CPC COURSE CRS12098/475 22/04/2020 7 Valid
DRIVER CPC 4U AC00475 VULNERABLE ROAD USERS CRS5814/475 27/04/2020 7 Valid

VR use zoom once payment is made the link is sent to you to attend the meeting, there was 24 participants today, no issues, very knowledgeable would definitely recommend.

UKtramp:

stevielew:

Hi,
It was 2 days virtual classroom.
During the training, the instructor presented the course content on a large tv screen in the room with him. I preferred this method compared to a slideshow, as it felt more like a classroom environment.
Both sessions were conducted via Zoom.

stevielew:
Hi,
It was 2 days virtual classroom.
During the training, the instructor presented the course content on a large tv screen in the room with him. I preferred this method compared to a slideshow, as it felt more like a classroom environment.
Both sessions were conducted via Zoom.

Sounds better than attending in person to me, at least you’re in the comfort of you’re own home. I may have a look into this as it appears to be a better option.

May be of interest.
Had an email from enterprise manchester £49 per module

Advantages from choosing Remote Driver CPC Training:

Train in the comfort of your own home it will never be this cheap again If you are Furloughed you can make the best use of your timeSafest way - enjoy interactive courses without risking your health

If you are thinking your card has a long time to run, just remember those sunny days when you were sat in the classroom wishing you were somewhere else…

JAUPT have granted the remote option until 12th June.

Don’t miss out!

edd1974:
… enterprise manchester £49 per module …

As above, and all perfectly legit:

https://www.enterprisetransporttraining.com/

=============

Centre No. — AC02152 can be checked on the JAUPT website

https://www.jaupt.org.uk/centre/enterprise-transport-training-ltd/ac02152

has anyone done an online course? do you need a camera or mic? i dont have any all have is a Samsung smart phone if that’s any use? and a pc

edd1974:
has anyone done an online course? do you need a camera or mic? i dont have any all have is a Samsung smart phone if that’s any use? and a pc

You need to have your camera and mic available at all time to prove attendance on the course. JAUPT inspectors can join at any time, and any registered attendees need to have video link.
If you have a smartphone with front facing camera, you should be good to go. Most training courses use Zoom for the training session. If you download the Zoom app (it is free), you can test if your camera and mic are working before registering to train. I have been in a few sessions where people had joined by smartphone.

The daily list isn’t definitive as I am registered and approved to give online CPC courses but don’t appear on that list, possibly because not booked any actual dates as yet :laughing:

JAUPT have said that they prefer delegates not to use phones for connection as they believe it would be impractical to spend 7 hours on a phone

Some trainers won’t have more than about 4 or 5 on a course in order to monitor it properly, within JAUPT guidelines

The couple of providers I know who are already running these online courses report that it’s going well, so that’s encouraging

Saves you watching hours of ‘loose women’ and ‘Judge Judy’ to do something useful :smiley: :smiley:

Well Despite being a little sceptical about the cheap online CPC training, I took the plunge and did a session today with the firm in Scotland for £35. There where 25 participants on todays course & the course is well run and your expected to participate with a little Q & A so they dont think you have fallen asleep. A JAUPE adjudicator was logged in during the 1st half of the session. I dont know if I could do a full week and complete all 35hrs as some where doing, but I may schedule the odd days between now and the June 12th deadline and complete them even though Ive got till Sept 2024, but at the price itll save me money in the long term, and its not as if Ive got a busy calendar while Im furloughed.

peirre:
Well Despite being a little sceptical about the cheap online CPC training, I took the plunge and did a session today with the firm in Scotland for £35. There where 25 participants on todays course & the course is well run and your expected to participate with a little Q & A so they dont think you have fallen asleep. A JAUPE adjudicator was logged in during the 1st half of the session. I dont know if I could do a full week and complete all 35hrs as some where doing, but I may schedule the odd days between now and the June 12th deadline and complete them even though Ive got till Sept 2024, but at the price itll save me money in the long term, and its not as if Ive got a busy calendar while Im furloughed.

After reading a few posts I booked up With VR services, initially for last Monday £35. I have quite a few years to run before my card runs out and I already have 21 hours because I did My ADR at the beginning of this year. I found John particularly good teacher and as said before he keeps everyone awake by asking everyone in turn questions. Although two guys did not bother getting out of bed to do the course (I must add not the same bed). I did not have any problems with zoom, and it worked fine on my computer so during the first beak I booked up for the next day, so I have done all my 35 hours now.

How long before they uploaded the hours online so that you view them?

The only things I can nit pick VR on, where:

1. Payment is via bank transfer, which if your buying something from a company for the first time could put some people off, because there isn’t a card payment option.
  2. When they emailed out the Zoom login details, they didn’t use CC, BCC to hide everyone’s email so I received the email addresses for everyone for today’s meeting.
    This doesn’t bother me but it could be seen as a data protected breach if someone was to use the data for more unscrupulous reasons.
  3. The PowerPoint presentation could’ve been uploaded onto the candidates zoom screen with johns voice overlaid, rather than the video camera pointing at the classroom screen and John being in the foreground, but that may have needed someone else to operate to tech side while john voiced over the presentation. However the image was still good and the info was readable.

I attended training Thursday and Friday. Certificates were emailed, hours uploaded to DVLA and visible on the following Monday.

Would you be able to get away with doing this and doing some other work, or reading an e-book, on the computer at the same time without the trainer being bothered/realising?