Tachos not recognising split rest?

keepthefaith:

mm1988:
I’ve searched but can’t find an answer to this. Do tachos not recognise split rest?
Yesterday my load wasn’t ready and I was near home so parked up and went home.
I started at 06.00, on break from 09.55 - 13.10 (3hrs 15mins) then finished at 21.00 and had 9hrs off last night.
The tacho says I only have 2 reduced left. Monday was only 12 hr shift and 12 hours off. So does the tacho not recognise split rest and I’ve actually got 3 left or am I being an idiot and missed something yesterday and it actually wasn’t a split shift? It’s only the second time in 6yrs I’ve done a split so could be me missing something obvious. Thanks

i don’t think that they do. i remember getting a tug of port police Liverpool, he asked me if there was anything that i needed to tell him, with a wry smile and that conceited look on his face,I told him no, At which point he took my Tacho card for analysis came back and started pointing out that on such and such a date blah blah blah you didnt’ take the correct daily rest…checking the dates against my diary i pointed out that on them particular alleged offences ,i was on split break. Off he trundled again with the card then came back without his smile .a
And without a word of apology sent me on my merry way…

I was hoping that was the case. Saves me a 15 for Friday.
I used to work out of Liverpool Dock and was regularly stopped by the port police and agree they know nothing about tachos. I was once questioned about missing data on my card because I had a day off midweek. He was convinced I had done something to the tacho. Still not sure why and never got an answer from him, only that it was suspicious. Also had one threaten to prosecute me for parking illegally even though I was parked outside our warehouse door, in our yard, off the road waiting to reverse in there was no signs or yellow lines etc. Then when I argued with him about it, he just drove off.