Your not heroes

My mate sent me this I found it quite funny to be honest. Having a right rant about us! :smiley:

Letā€™s see whoā€™s still laughing in three months time, when the power cuts start, and the food runs outā€¦

Who is this stupid know all cow without lorry drivers the whole country needs them Iā€™d like to meet her and tell her to her face regards rowley ward

Well according to her the world wonā€™t stop! :laughing: It would definitely be a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  place. Anything and everything you order must have been on a lorry at some point rightā– ā– ?

Mostly spot on though, except the part about not grinding to a halt if the wheels stopped turning.

Iā€™m sick of hearing on the radio ā€œplease give a shout out toā€¦ā€ Normal people doing their normal jobs but because NHS staff are being recognised we are somehow envious of them?

I wonder how many ex drivers responded during the first few days and thought I know, Iā€™ll sign up to an agency that supply to supermarket, NHS. Just as a selfless act to help the country out.

Compared to the reported thousands of retired doctors and nurses coming back to the game when they could of safely stayed cocooned at home.

Alfa1M:
Mostly spot on though, except the part about not grinding to a halt if the wheels stopped turning.

Iā€™m sick of hearing on the radio ā€œplease give a shout out toā€¦ā€ Normal people doing their normal jobs but because NHS staff are being recognised we are somehow envious of them?

I wonder how many ex drivers responded during the first few days and thought I know, Iā€™ll sign up to an agency that supply to supermarket, NHS. Just as a selfless act to help the country out.

Compared to the reported thousands of retired doctors and nurses coming back to the game when they could of safely stayed cocooned at home.

Ex-drivers are unlikely to have a valid LGV licence or DCPC entitlement.

Harry Monk:

Alfa1M:

There is an overall shortage of medical staff. Those coming out of retirement will need refresher courses etc. They are normally subject to CME (continuing medical education) which we can all be happy to know is more involved than drivers CPC courses.
There is no overall shortage of drivers. Some are on furlough or laid off.

ValleysTrucker:
My mate sent me this I found it quite funny to be honest. Having a right rant about us! :smiley:

Rightā€¦I ainā€™t working, before anybody replies to this post with any stick, so I fully accept any constructive criticism for it off those who are. :bulb:
That saidā€¦

This is what Iā€™ve been saying all along, why should any of us go ā€˜ā€˜over and aboveā€™ā€™ what we are meant to do, (a classic example are these extended ā– ā– ā– ā–  hours over the ridiculous ones we already are expected to do :unamused: ) when we are thought of as almost underclass Neanderthals by much of the public as illustrated in this fb post.
Do the job weā€™re paid for and business as usual is quite sufficient imo, with no hero status ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  that none of you (us) actually want anyway. :bulb: .

Another aspect of this to chuck in the ringā€¦ Considering that silly cowā€™s opinions, just think what we could achieve if we used this as a means ofā€¦(not being greedy) , but getting a campaign for better and fairer terms for us, in terms of fairer pay for the excessive hours we do, but hey ! :unamused: , not a cat in hells chance of any form of driver solidarity in any period of time, let alone in a golden once in a lifetime opportunity.

So my message to Miss Sharon Sillycow would be the country WOULD grind to a halt if all these lads still working parked up, how else would you be able to get your weeks shopping essentials you stupid ā– ā– ā– ā–  woman, we donā€™t want hero status just basic respect, so go and ā– ā– ā– ā–  yourself with a large cucumber and enjoy it (one that has definitely been delivered by a trucker to a supermarket.)

On the other hand ,.and I hate to say this (with embarrassment) ā€¦in some of her post she DOES make some valid fair and accurate points.
There ARE anti social uneducated rough as arse holes tossers driving trucks today, and I dont doubt some of them are reading this, the ones who canā€™t be arsed to bag their rubbish after their solitary confinement type nights out, so instead they hoy it out the window along with bottles full of ā– ā– ā– ā– , and worse, ā€¦crap under their trailer for some poor sod to stand in.
These individuals ainā€™t content in parking in their ā– ā– ā– ā–  lay bys, but they also infest places where the rest of us go, near to town facilities, which are later prohibited places to park because of these cruntsā€¦and this is what the rest of the public see, to create these opinions that she makes :bulb:
And please donā€™t blame the foreign drivers as usual :unamused: , these are home grown Brits responsible for this!! :bulb:

As for the aggressive driving, another negative public opinion makerā€¦no doubt Jakey will be chomping at the bit to give his views on that in his own inimitable way.

i would imagine mrs jts is somehow related in reality to this cow with a similar perspective of ā€œif you dont agree with me then your obviously wrong because im always rightā€

they both have faces that would stop a clock.
youtube.com/watch?v=lnYgVl3gojg&t=622s

Harry Monk:

Alfa1M:

ā€¦But such people are more likely to be managers these daysā€¦

Franglais:
ā€¦There is an overall shortage of medical staff. Those coming out of retirement will need refresher courses etc. They are normally subject to CME (continuing medical education) which we can all be happy to know is more involved than drivers CPC courses.
There is no overall shortage of drivers. Some are on furlough or laid off.

One of my neighbors - was laid off from the NHS some years ago, and I understand ā€œoccasionallyā€ gets work via agency, presumably at the premium rates we hear about for ā€œagency NHS workersā€.
Sheā€™s an operating theatre assistant, I believeā€¦

Her car seems to be gone more often than not of late from outside her houseā€¦

Up until recently however, being paid such a high rate on agency - meant she only got one shift in a blue moon, which seems to be where driving agency is going now as wellā€¦

They donā€™t want to pay the premium rates - until they are utterly desperate, with clearly not enough full timers out sick by this point.
Firms, clearly want to survive this crisis by ā€œnot going underā€ and the payroll is a large part of the expense overhead. Fair enough.
Those who over-do it in the laying off stakes - might find that any laid-off drivers have since found work outside of Transport, perhaps utilizing their other qualifications they may haveā€¦
For instance, I might find myself looking at a Civilian arm of the Police or putting my decades-old Lab experience to use at the NHSā€¦

Either way, - even if this virus claims hardly any working people whatsoever, the jobs of the future - are likely to be NHS or NHS satellite jobs - are they not?

Any HSF drivers on here?

Are they the only truckers that work directly for the NHS, or are they in fact ā€œcontractorsā€ like so many of the rest of us truckers?

Alfa1M:

Iā€™m an ex truck driver driving coaches (well was as our bread and butter was school work) until we got furloughed and yes I did try agencies but they emailed forms but thatā€™s when we discovered our printer is knackered :blush: :unamused: :laughing:
So I hit the job sites applied for everything that tickled my fancy and some I applied for halfheartedly admittedly :blush:
Upshot is I start driving class 1ā€™s again start of next month (yes my boss knows Iā€™m doing this), down side is after I last talked to him if I canā€™t guarantee a return to work with 2 days notice then I may not have a job with himā€¦
Not that I think weā€™ll have a company to go back to as weā€™ve only got 28 f/t drivers and we rely on council school contractsā€¦

judging from the words sheā€™s using ,trucker ,trash etc I suspect sheā€™s a yank so couldnā€™t be on about you knights of the roadā€¦

Just been on news that the Govt asked for 250000 volunteers to help out with NHS duties, turns out that 750000 people have volunteered.
These guys are increasing the risk of infection to themselves and whoever they take it back home to.
My priority on this is my family and then myself, so I certainly ainā€™t a hero and I would not do it , (and Iā€™m not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that) but I reckon these guys come pretty close to hero status given the potential risks big or small, they voluntarily face UNPAID for it.

As for drivers still working?.. maybe not heroes, but as I said on my last post on this, respect should be given to them whatever motive or reason that they are working through and amongst all this . :bulb:

robroy:
Just been on news that the Govt asked for 250000 volunteers to help out with NHS duties, turns out that 750000 people have volunteered.
These guys are increasing the risk of infection to themselves and whoever they take it back home to.
My priority on this is my family and then myself, so I certainly ainā€™t a hero and I would not do it , (and Iā€™m not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that) but I reckon these guys come pretty close to hero status given the potential risks big or small, they voluntarily face UNPAID for it.

As for drivers still working?.. maybe not heroes, but as I said on my last post on this, respect should be given to them whatever motive or reason that they are working through and amongst all this . :bulb:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i think it depends on their own criteria for still working.
there will be some driving because they think they are doing the hero part.
there will be some doing it because they cant afford not to.
there will be some like my mate that apart from needing the money he cannot stand not working or taking holidays and does literally 2 days work every single day on at least 12 hour shifts of groupage dung 18-25 drops around ireland day in and out creating the rod for his own back.
there will be some not wanting to drive but being concientous trying to make sure they will have a job to go back to if it goes ā– ā– ā– ā–  up.
there will be some who cant get the 80% quick enough.

ā€¦and then theres dozyā€¦ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Iā€™ve a pretty strong hunch that our Sharon has been dumped by a trucker - probably because she thought his job was fairly pointless.

Itā€™s written all over it.

Silly bint.

Sorry lads my bad :wink:

Completely agree with her.
She is not wrong.

I mean apart from the fact that the country would grind to a halt. We have already seen what happens when stock canā€™t get to stores fast enough imagine if it stopped completely.

adam277:
She is not wrong.

I mean apart from the fact that the country would grind to a halt. We have already seen what happens when stock canā€™t get to stores fast enough imagine if it stopped completely.

So you agree with her that MOST drivers are how she describes us ?
I beg to differ mate, ok a high percentage maybe, but certainly not MOST.

robroy:

adam277:
She is not wrong.

So you agree with her that MOST drivers are how she describes us ?
I beg to differ mate, ok a high percentage maybe, but certainly not MOST.

Everytime I stop in a layby there is crap everywhere. Usually dozens of bottles of ā– ā– ā– ā– .
Iā€™m a cab hopper and there is usually bits of manky food in the cab wedge between the seats. Even had the odd bottle of ā– ā– ā– ā–  left in the cab before.

To be fair though I work for a supermarket. Although Tesco seems to keep their trucks in a cleaner condition than coop. Coop lorryā€™s are seriously manky.