Boris

TV has just been interrupted to update that Boris Johnson’s condition has worsened so he has been moved to ICU this afternoon. Whatever one’s personal opinion of him may be, or views regarding special treatment, this is a worrying development. I wish him and his obviously concerned family well.

+1

cav551:
TV has just been interrupted to update that Boris Johnson’s condition has worsened so he has been moved to ICU this afternoon. Whatever one’s personal opinion of him may be, or views regarding special treatment, this is a worrying development. I wish him and his obviously concerned family well.

100% with you on your last 2 lines.

+1

I wish everyone who’s going through this well including Boris , bloody horrendous

Doesn’t sound good , it’s full on on all the TV news channels, he’s now in intensive care!

Wether you love or hate him, you have to hope that he pulls through this

boris has just left the building as the real rulers are now here!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

youtube.com/watch?v=hwaKlUWwyyE

ITL BE WORSE IF THE BEEF LINKS REALISE THERE ARE EDIBLES IN SPACE.

youtube.com/watch?v=RVABcl5qPA0

Let’s hope he makes a speedy recovery. At least there is a very capable team to whom he can delegate .

If it’s bad enough to go in hospital it’s not good.If you go on a ventilator its only 20% chance by Italian figures and 50% chance by ours.Sad for Boris but blame our generals for not advising him to shut down all links with China as soon as they knew what was happening.Our waste of space generals have blood on their hands.Just like US ones for not advising Trump to ground all links with China from the outset.Europe would then have followed suit.

I’m not Boris Johnson’s biggest fan but I wish him a full and speedy recovery just like I do all the other people who have this awful virus.

Sent from my mobile.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I take it then you wont be taking your 80% when your laid off soon instead opting to put it into the nhs….

I wont hold my breath either… :unamused:

m.a.n rules:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I take it then you wont be taking your 80% when your laid off soon instead opting to put it into the nhs….

I wont hold my breath either… :unamused:

It’s not my responsibility to make sure our essential services have sufficient resources, other than through the taxes I pay.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

An 80 seat majority in the house of commons tell me all I need to know about Boris and his party .

I wouldn’t wish this disease, on anyone.
I’m no fan of Johnson, but hope he makes a full recovery, as I hope the same for all other affected by it.
The politics can be discussed in other threads.

Many more people die each year from flu but the nhs copes as it’s a steady flow of cases, McDonald’s sell millions of burgers each year but try going to the counter and ordering 50,000 burgers and see how they cope, the nhs has been hit by an unprecedented amount of cases of COVID-19 in a very short space of time, and has been overwhelmed. No one could have predicted this epidemic nor could they have preplanned financially for it. But the government has somehow in a limited time managed to come up with a plan to manage this crisis

peirre:
Many more people die each year from flu but the nhs copes as it’s a steady flow of cases, McDonald’s sell millions of burgers each year but try going to the counter and ordering 50,000 burgers and see how they cope, the nhs has been hit by an unprecedented amount of cases of COVID-19 in a very short space of time, and has been overwhelmed. No one could have predicted this epidemic nor could they have preplanned financially for it. But the government has somehow in a limited time managed to come up with a plan to manage this crisis

Last year less than 2,000 people died with flu related deaths. Although 20,000 is more typical. And that is “flu related” not just flu as the primary cause. (ONS have it all in detail).
These COVID deaths are in addition to those.
That a pandemic will come at some time is totally predictable, although which year is not known. Like floods, volcanic eruptions or earthquakes, we know they will happen, and should plan for them, even if we don’t know the exact date.
There is a lot of info about past enquiries into the UK preparedness for pandemics, and the amount of funds spent.
Edit. Look for 2016 pandemic exercise.

peirre:

It’s a contradiction.The figures are actually showing a death rate of more like 10% as opposed to 0.1% for Flu.While it’s then all about transmission rate and recovery rate and whether recovery means natural immunity.
Good luck with recent new case growth rates v recovery rates.Also why the wildly varying recovery figures in different countries’ counts.Let alone the question long term natural immunity on recovery or not.
Also is it really faulty tests or cases showing no antibodies.
We ultimately need around 36 million recoveries to create natural herd immunity.I’m not seeing it happening in the recovery figures as they stand.

Those trying to ascend politically at this time - will be the first ones to be thrown under the bus once this is all over.

Notice that even Keir Starmer is keeping a dignified silence on a number of “open goal pot shots” he might have at the incumbent government at this time…

Let’s follow his example then, and “keep this time of crisis dignified, - in the way that only the British can”.

Keep Calm.jpg

Not sure, but the death figures seem to relate to hospital admissions and does not include deaths in care/nursing homes. If that is tue that would inflate the figures.

We need Boris not only for this current crisis but also he has a certain something that resonates with a majority of the UK.

He will get better, he must get better.