Ferries and virus precautions

What’s the score with you lads using the Euro and Irish ferries ?
Especially the overnight boats… you’ll still be needing an evening meal and a brekkie next morning, so how are they doing it?

I’m assuming the bars are also shut on the night ferries. :neutral_face:
Not been over for a while, but I couldn’t imagine the Hull/Rotterdam ‘love boat’ :smiley: without a few beers, or mixing with the hen parties on the Shields/Ijmuiden :smiley:

robroy:
What’s the score with you Euro and Irish ferries using lads.
Especially the overnight boats… you’ll still be needing an evening meal and a brekkie next morning, so how are they doing it?

Not been over for a while, but I couldn’t imagine the Hull/Rotterdam ‘love boat’ :smiley: without a few beers, or mixing with the hen parties on the Shields/Ijmuiden :smiley:

Rob you reminded me of this British tv gem Triangle :open_mouth:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9M76bMe8M

Irish Ferries are operating pretty much as normal, normal food services available and one to a cabin so bit of a plus, P&O out of Larne are giving you a box of food as you board and while not telling you to stay in the cab aren’t discouraging it. Newhaven Dieppe has stopped all use of cabins and no hot food and keeping everyone sat in the passenger lounge not the best of plans but hey if it saves them money then “quelle surprise” and no reduction in ticket price. :open_mouth:

robroy:

Brittany want you to remain in cabin during the trip. No bar, no shop. You get a free sandwich and bottle of water, so best to eat before boarding.
At breakfast time free coffee and croissant, in self service.
Skeleton crew on board. Beds and cabins all clean, you are asked to put your used towels sheets into a plastic bag.
Not much fun.
Bit of chatting at breakfast, although we’re all sat at separate tables. No comments about loud mouthed drivers necessary!

Hull Europoort is working OK. Bar Open with 2 metre separation, drivers sat at single tables, no passengers though. Freight Only

Photos posted by 420Topline

Franglais:

robroy:

Brittany want you to remain in cabin during the trip. No bar, no shop. You get a free sandwich and bottle of water, so best to eat before boarding.
Skeleton crew on board. Beds and cabins all clean, you are asked to put your used towels sheets into a plastic bag.
Not much fun.
Bit of chatting at breakfast, although we’re all sat at separate tables. No comments about loud mouthed drivers necessary!

They’ve upped it a bit more then Franglais, free sandwiches now, Whoopee-Do :unamused: :unamused:

I normally take a mixed salad ( made by fair wife ) up to the cabin, together with a bottle of vino
and no I don’t drink it all before arriving in Portsmouth. :blush:

I’m tempted to take up a camping stove together with a pot, to cook some tinny stuff, just to see the looks on the crew members faces,
might do it tomorrow morning on the Conemarra :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

robroy:

Not much fun.

They’ve upped it a bit more then Franglais, free sandwiches now, Whoopee-Do :unamused: :unamused:

I normally take a mixed salad ( made by fair wife ) up to the cabin, together with a bottle of vino

I’m tempted to take up a camping stove together with a pot, to cook some tinny stuff, just to see the looks on the crew members faces,
might do it tomorrow morning on the Conemarra [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

I’m not a smoker, but I guess they are still allowed on the open deck?
Weather is getting better.
You supply the barbie, I’ll get the steaks and salad!

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

robroy:

Not much fun.

might do it tomorrow morning on the Conemarra [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

I’m not a smoker, but I guess they are still allowed on the open deck?
Weather is getting better.
You supply the barbie, I’ll get the steaks and salad!

Not sure what the score is for smokers, I don’t and haven’t bothered seeing what they can/cannot do.
I’m sure loads will be puffing in the cabins.

Defo on the barbie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m doing Smithfields tomorrow night, can’t wait to see how that pans out regarding the 2 mtr distance thingy
Might have to take some piccies and post them on here

As from 06 04 2020 an international certificate is required to travel between France and the UK

uk.ambafrance.org/Coronavirus-C … -la-France

Available in French or English

Update on Irish Ferries travelled over on the 02.40 yesterday to Dublin and the hot food has now stopped, you are given a bag of food and a hot breakfast roll to be eaten in your cabin. The food is good enough and plenty but perhaps not what you want at 2 in the morning.

OwenMoney:
As from 06 04 2020 an international certificate is required to travel between France and the UK

Its hardly a certificate, you fill it in yourself and sign it, it is more of a statistic report, Zahlkarte.

Mazzer2:
Update on Irish Ferries travelled over on the 02.40 yesterday to Dublin and the hot food has now stopped, you are given a bag of food and a hot breakfast roll to be eaten in your cabin. The food is good enough and plenty but perhaps not what you want at 2 in the morning.

^^^^^^^^^^
the only thing i want on that boat at 2 a.m. is my head on the pillow in a cabin with someone who dont snore or ■■■■.
i dont imagine they will be as lackadaisical as p&o when it comes to cabbing it while this virus goes on,though its great how all these life threatening rules and regs get instantly binned when it suits.

dieseldog999:

Mazzer2:

^^^^^^^^^^
the only thing i want on that boat at 2 a.m. is my head on the pillow in a cabin with someone who dont snore or ■■■■.
i dont imagine they will be as lackadaisical as p&o when it comes to cabbing it while this virus goes on,though its great how all these life threatening rules and regs get instantly binned when it suits.

:smiley: They’re a ferry company not miracle workers

Mazzer2:

dieseldog999:

Mazzer2:

^^^^^^^^^^

:smiley: They’re a ferry company not miracle workers

Brittany is currently one driver per 4 berth cabin.

Unlike summer when they put 4 in a single cabin.

Wheel Nut:

OwenMoney:

Its hardly a certificate, you fill it in yourself and sign it, it is more of a statistic report, Zahlkarte.

No not a certificate, but an attestation that has to be filled in before you leave the boat and shown to the Police National/Douanes/Gendarmes, before leaving the port. It has to be signed AND dated.
Got off the boat in Cherbourg Thursday morning and they were asking to see it.
You can get a copy at the information desk on the boat.

Oh and a P. S. just to add, it’s neded at EVERY border, entry point, not just the northern ports

So what’s the score on the train (never done it) I
I know there’s a designated carriage for drivers, but are you allowed to stay in your cab now or what, and were you allowed to do that pre virus .
Just curious.

robroy:
I know there’s a designated carriage for drivers, but are you allowed to stay in your cab now or what, and were you allowed to do that pre virus .
Just curious.

From what I’ve heard Rob, is that they are reducing the amount of trucks per train, so reducing the number of drivers on the bus and in the drivers carriage.

Found this link on their site,

love the fact that they call the drivers carriage " CLUB CAR " :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

eurotunnelfreight.com/uk/sa … /covid-19/

You can also download the entry attestation on the site

robroy:
Just curious.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
slalom the truck onto the train trying not to take the bumper bars off or gouging the alloys too much.
you have if your lucky 1 inch either side to aim at which is ok in your poverty spec taliban yoke but a tad tight for your blingmobiles.
off the train onto the platform and onto the mingmobile minibus which takes you down to the rancid sweatbox car where i would doubt no amount of deep cleaning would remove the smell of au de oxter guff or the general honk of garlic and cabbage leftovers from your average norbert/willi/warberer driver having been out for 3 months with the resulting aroma surrounding them.
( no offence to the dudes on that work,but the smell would choke a maggot).
its like a game of chess picking a seat hoping not to be overcome by the fumes from whoever comes on after you…
30 mins later,then back onto another mingmobile and clamber back into your truck before driving down the length of the train trying not to scrape the sides of the lowered channel you drove onto and also not taking the rear bars off on the way off.

unlike the ferry,ive never had any need to want to kip in the cab during the journey as its only 30 mins once it starts.