So Have You Been Treated Any Better Since

What’s your experience from past experiences, have you noticed that your being treated much better or worse
Are you been treated like front line workers with respect, that’s the chill and dry food section, and medical

It’s the same crap to be honest, just with complimentary hand sanitiser.

It’s a double edged sword - they are open, so why shouldn’t you be.

Barring one or two DHL sites, COOP and & Tesco, I don’t consider myself to be treated too badly normally.

But has the normal process of sitting in a room waiting with other people for paper work or to be tipped changed
This thing needs people to spread there would be no people if they can’t eat or drink or medial supplies, it would not exist if the people did not have this
That’s how important the job is, if it wasn’t doing that there would be looting and everything going on

Yes.
Temp wage rise and midweek o/t paid at Saturday rate.
All rdc’s i’ve visited have been in cab waiting.

definitely worse…

No one in charge - seems capable of telling you the straight-up truth about anything whatsoever… Corners being cut, procedures being ignored, and of course “nothing in writing” in case it all goes wrong…

The workers returning “from retirement” to the NHS are going to be discarded as quickly as they came once this all blows over.
Has there even been any talk about these people being paid - or are they expected to be volunteering their services for free?

…A bit like the aftermath of the Spanish Amarda, where good queen bess - disbanded huge amounts of the loyal military who had nothing but destitution to go to once the war was over…

Currently at a culina site.
Temperature taken at gate,plenty of hand sanitizer and sit in cab.
Quick coffee,whilst the night heater warms up,then off to kip.

:sunglasses:

commonrail:
Currently at a culina site.
Temperature taken at gate)

This should really be done everywhere where controlled access permits, a temperature is an indication that something is not going well.

I wonder how many people have died on sites since people have been sitting in their cabs at RDC’s over the last week or so…

Because Im pretty sure that it was once of the biggest killers before all this began…
At least that’s what they’d have you believe.

Anyone else Been waved at a few times by young kids with their parents stood atop a mtwy bridge, I think I’ve had it once in 3 years, the past week and a half 3 times, are they that bored ,

Forkies seem to hate having us on site more than usual, like we’re a danger and increasing the chance of them catching it by being their which I suppose is factually accurate, the guys and girls on the gatehouse have been treating me better than i thought they might, thought theyd let the power of refusing drivers they suspect of illness go to their head, all providing you abide their instructions and sign your self declaration of course.

Alfa1M:
Anyone else Been waved at a few times by young kids with their parents stood atop a mtwy bridge, I think I’ve had it once in 3 years, the past week and a half 3 times, are they that bored ,

Forkies seem to hate having us on site more than usual, like we’re a danger and increasing the chance of them catching it by being their which I suppose is factually accurate, the guys and girls on the gatehouse have been treating me better than i thought they might, thought theyd let the power of refusing drivers they suspect of illness go to their head, all providing you abide their instructions and sign your self declaration of course.

I am really enjoying the self declaration forms.

Last week I was Neil Armstrong, ■■■■■■, Donald Trump and David Bowie. So far this week I have been Elton John.

Alfa1M:
Anyone else Been waved at a few times by young kids with their parents stood atop a mtwy bridge, I think I’ve had it once in 3 years, the past week and a half 3 times, are they that bored

I saw a group waving on a bridge on Monday, and I felt uplifted by it, until I got closer, and realised they were all waving the V-sign at me.

eagerbeaver:

Alfa1M:

Last week I was Neil Armstrong, [zb], Donald Trump and David Bowie. So far this week I have been Elton John.

[emoji1787] love to give stupid names and see if they can keep a straight face, best one was Adolf [emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Alfa1M:

Yes seen loads of people on bridges this week, I reckon they are bored out of their little minds being off work and contemplating jumping maybe…

Definitely worse - now that I’m stood down until April 15th at least whilst I get another assessment at another supermarket… How easy it is to side-step a hefty payrise due on April 1st by simply not using ZHC any more!
Other hauliers - are standing down their pallet drivers around these parts as well… Fuel Tanker drivers - unaffected for the time being…

It might not even count as “laying people off” so the firm still gets to claim the 80% subisdy payroll thingy…
There is now a glut of full-time drivers - thanks to John Lewis being mothballed, and the Artic drivers going over to Waitrose - so it kinda makes sense…
Any evidence of this going on at ALL the other supermarkets?

drover:

eagerbeaver:

Alfa1M:

Last week I was Neil Armstrong, [zb], Donald Trump and David Bowie. So far this week I have been Elton John.

[emoji1787] love to give stupid names and see if they can keep a straight face, best one was Adolf [emoji2957]

Yeah definitely more bridge waves, warmer weather might give the chance of some ■■■■■■■ action although stopping on the M11 in a live lane is risky.

Given these self certificate things some thought and deceided to go with not belonging to any gender so the forms need redoing for starters and my name is just ‘X’, when asked I shall say I have to use X as I’ve changed my name to a sound by deed poll.

The sound is someone taking a massive dump but can be shortened to a male climax.

Now all I need is to pluck up the courage to put this plan into action, will try next XPO tip out.

Winseer:
Definitely worse - now that I’m stood down until April 15th at least whilst I get another assessment at another supermarket… How easy it is to side-step a hefty payrise due on April 1st by simply not using ZHC any more!
Other hauliers - are standing down their pallet drivers around these parts as well… Fuel Tanker drivers - unaffected for the time being…

It might not even count as “laying people off” so the firm still gets to claim the 80% subisdy payroll thingy…
There is now a glut of full-time drivers - thanks to John Lewis being mothballed, and the Artic drivers going over to Waitrose - so it kinda makes sense…
Any evidence of this going on at ALL the other supermarkets?

Volumes have gone down massively, people got loads of stuff left from panic buying, rationing to 3 items of each product and people only buying what they need because they dont know what money they will have coming in. We have chopped vast majority of subbies and havent seen much agency (keeping a few to keep them sweet if we get a major call in sick problem). Hardly any overtime going either and quite a few drivers on spare, its mostly job and knock now as they dont want loads of us sitting around waiting for clock out time. Even giving some last minute holiday/lieu days.

Took my missus to the supermarket today… Queued for an hour to get in, and the “spacing” meant that a normal 20-30 minute shop took double that once inside as well.

One delivery came and went whilst I was sitting in the car in the car park…

It is hardly any wonder that the shelves are half-empty all the time - if “volumes are low” - I’m still scratching my head as to where the “log jam” is?

Supermarkets are closing at night to shelf-stack for the following day.

So how come the shelves are half-empty still?
How come there are not queues of artics waiting to deliver stuff to the store?
How come a large store can’t let more people in at a time for “equal spacing” - the queues were all the way around the building!!

Winseer:
how come the shelves are half-empty still?

My take on it is this. I went to Tesco today, and like you, it took twice as long to do my weekly shop. I saw that pasta has returned to the shelves. In front of the shelf is a sign limiting people to 2 items. I witnessed every zb walking past mindlessly picking up 2 bags, and putting them in their trolley - a hangover from the panic buying I suppose. Who buys 2 x 1kg bags of pasta ordinarily? Most would pick up 1 bag. So the pasta is running out twice as quickly. I think the psychological effect of limiting people to 2 items of any product is working in a counter productive way in some respects. I’m STILL seeing people buying vast reserves of bottled water and toilet roll. Why ffs?

Winseer:
Took my missus to the supermarket today… Queued for an hour to get in, and the “spacing” meant that a normal 20-30 minute shop took double that once inside as well.

One delivery came and went whilst I was sitting in the car in the car park…

It is hardly any wonder that the shelves are half-empty all the time - if “volumes are low” - I’m still scratching my head as to where the “log jam” is?

Supermarkets are closing at night to shelf-stack for the following day.

So how come the shelves are half-empty still?
How come there are not queues of artics waiting to deliver stuff to the store?
How come a large store can’t let more people in at a time for “equal spacing” - the queues were all the way around the building!!

same reason as always… goods in. I cant tell you the amount of times I have been given the run around. im sure you have heard all the excuses before. The stuff I deliver most of the time at the moment is semi important. it isn’t stuff that doesn’t matter weather they get it today or next week. its stuff used for the development or treatment (I assume) of covid research. and to hospitals for the treatment of patients.

the other day I had a single box marked up for goods in then the person and the department. both goods in wouldn’t take it the first one sent me to the second the second sent me to the department. trouble was I couldn’t get to the department with out a magic keycard and id. Someone kindly took me there then when I got there the person that ordered it wasn’t in that day. had to argue with them that they had ordered it for a reason and probably someone in her team needed it. eventually they agreed to ring the team and someone came and got it.

yesterday was an odd day I was on general and had 4 pallets of hand towels for a hospital. Long story short they refused them saying I had to take them to some department. spoke to a driver that heard all this. he said he had been sent out with masks only to be turned away at the door. there is no shortage its just lazy goods in people that are used to sitting on their backsides pooteling around on a forklift too used to doing nothing and all of a sudden have to do a proper days work.