DVLA

Can anyone tell me if they’ve had a licence from DVLA in the last few days please? Got mixed info about whether or not they are dealing with licences so would be good to hear if anyone has had their licence recently.

In the meantime, stay safe and look after yourselves.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, my mrs sent off her license renewal last Monday, and got her replacement on Thursday! So if anything, they are working quicker than ever :laughing:

That’s good to hear. Hope it continues. Thanks for the reply.

Had to renew my photo so did it in the post office on Friday 22nd March the lady on the counter said it could take a while it came the following Wednesday…
Was very surprised

Pete get back to the newbie forum where you belong. :smiling_imp:

Thanks. It’s looking as though, somehow, this might continue. Good news for new starters.

They are dealing with licences. They have to. What they’ve said is due to less staff licence applications and renewal will take much longer than normal to process, however they are prioritising vocational licences due to many being key workers and the need to ensure they have a valid licence to continue working.

Pete get back to the newbie forum where you belong. :smiling_imp:

Oh, and it was nice playing with the big boys :cry: :cry:

From the horse’s mouth…

"Coronavirus – update on our services

Our priority is to keep our staff safe but also to help keep the country moving.

Our online services continue to be available and you can access these along with information and advice at gov.uk/browse/driving.

Due to the reduced number of staff on-site, applications sent to us by post will be significantly delayed and we encourage you to use online services wherever possible. The staff who are on-site are focused on work relating directly to the COVID-19 pandemic. In particular, they are prioritising applications relating to HGV drivers and critical workers to make sure they get any documentation they need as quickly as possible.

Please return to this page for further updates on our services."

gov.uk/guidance/dvla-corona … -19-update

Applied for Tachograph card last week and came this morning

Paul
Ex Elmet Training

Harry Monk:
In particular, they are prioritising applications relating to HGV drivers

That’s a surpise.

What about those folks who need a medical to renew their entitlement ? I need a medical mid August so hopefully back to normality by then perhaps !!

From the other thread trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 2&t=164461 the poster had spoke to his MP, and it something is supposed to be happening. Not seen anything on the .gov sites yet thou.

Re: License expiring, medical cancelled

Postby vbmonkey » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:10 pm

Yay! Got a reply from my MP. She’s spoken to the Transport Secretary, and DVLA will suspend the D4 requirement for up to a year. There’s going to be an announcement on their website shortly.

Did my last cpc course Thursday, Monday DVLA issued new card, it arrived this morning.

Just come through, D4 suspended

gov.uk/government/publicati … s-pandemic

Bloody hell Pete, youll get a nose bleed in this forum! lol