DRIVER CPC ONLINE 35 hours for £210 - good value?

I found this link posted in the newbies forum eptraining.co.uk/course/category/driver-cpc

Is that good value :question:

ROG:
I found this link posted in the newbies forum eptraining.co.uk/course/category/driver-cpc

its not bad price if its genuine ? round my way u can get class room cpc for 50 a day, 250 for the week. im not up to speed on goverment cpc regs in currant situation but i thought all cpc was not needed till this is over ? if so why r thay offering it if its not needed. unless the government has done a u turn already. in normal times i though cpc had to be done in a registard training centre and couldn’t be done online ? my first impression is i dont trust it.

jrt:
its not bad price if its genuine ? round my way u can get class room cpc for 50 a day, 250 for the week. im not up to speed on goverment cpc regs in currant situation but i thought all cpc was not needed till this is over ? if so why r thay offering it if its not needed. unless the government has done a u turn already. in normal times i though cpc had to be done in a registard training centre and couldn’t be done online ? my first impression is i dont trust it.

As far as I’m aware the DCPC periodic training requirement has not been suspended, though I’ve seen it said that it is being considered, however because courses can not now be held in a classroom online training is now temporarily allowed.

That is cheaper than the average session - maybe they add on for the upload fee.

I am half tempted to crack on with that as I need 28 hours in 18 months.

Not sure if I’d like to do it online tbh. I’d really miss the excitement of the classroom, and the stories of course…

the maoster:
Not sure if I’d like to do it online tbh. I’d really miss the excitement of the classroom, and the stories of course…

Yeah I miss than random ■■■■ factor. That is you can always guarantee there is one person in the room who you just think is a ■■■■.

Normally the trainer tbf :laughing:

£45 per session is a good price, and would imagine that would include upload fees.
I have seen online where they are going to change the way you can do the Dcpc in the future, which may include having the ability to split the 7 hours over 2 3.5 hour sessions, and the ability to as what they’ve done now, online.

weeto:
may include having the ability to split the 7 hours over 2 3.5 hour sessions

Been the case for many years now

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=164553

hgvlgvtraining:
And by the way the prices we display are inclusive of tuition, Vat and upload fees!

ROG:

Considering they charge £700 for a full adr course which is poor vakue, it follows that ths £210 they charge for an online CPC course is poor value. other companies when they latch onto this will maybe offer better value because if its online the overheads are massively reduced and they will have the ability to reach a wider audience than say a a classroom of 20 people thus reducing overheads even more.
I am sure this can be done MUCH cheaper than £210!!!

Either way online has be better than sitting in a classroom. You can just sit there look interested while half watching tv or what ever.

ROG:
Periodic Driver CPC Training Available Online? - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

hgvlgvtraining:
And by the way the prices we display are inclusive of tuition, Vat and upload fees!

Wow I hope the training is as good, just followed link to their website. Had an amazing conversation on the ‘chatline’, with myself coz nobody answered?? Just like being at work, astounding

edd1974:
Either way online has be better than sitting in a classroom. You can just sit there look interested while half watching tv or what ever.

I’ve seen at least one site that clearly states: if you’re seen to be not paying attention, you get kicked off the course and you’ve wasted your money because you won’t get your hours uploaded. I’m imagining there’ll be timed online assessments or suchlike. These people know what drivers are like on CPC courses…

Zac_A:

edd1974:

I’ve seen at least one site that clearly states: if you’re seen to be not paying attention, you get kicked off the course and you’ve wasted your money because you won’t get your hours uploaded. I’m imagining there’ll be timed online assessments or suchlike. These people know what drivers are like on CPC courses…

Now let me think why drivers, just sit in CPC training classrooms, playing on phones, watching TV, instead of listening to the Highly trained mouthpiece at the front spoutting on about POA,Wtd, O and how to use 3 points of contact…
No can’t think why.

not had a driving job since 2017…cpc/tacho expired but looking to come back to driving, looks like an online dcpc course is the only way now…

was hoping an ‘online cpc’ would be some kind of interactive thing but looks as if it’s still an attendance course…will be interesting to see how it works with breaks/lunch etc! :grimacing:

see it’s £250 now btw

daffyd:
not had a driving job since 2017…cpc/tacho expired but looking to come back to driving, looks like an online dcpc course is the only way now…

was hoping an ‘online cpc’ would be some kind of interactive thing but looks as if it’s still an attendance course…will be interesting to see how it works with breaks/lunch etc! :grimacing:

see it’s £250 now btw

I looked at it, and wondered how I could sneak into the kitchen for a cup of tea or let the dog out without them seeing me, no doubt the dog would bark throughout the 7 hours if I ignore him

biggriffin:

Zac_A:

edd1974:

Now let me think why drivers, just sit in CPC training classrooms, playing on phones, watching TV, instead of listening to the Highly trained mouthpiece at the front spoutting on about POA,Wtd, O and how to use 3 points of contact…
No can’t think why.

Oh no!!! that’s me [zb]. I really wanted to discuss, how not to hit bridges and how my mirrors should be positioned, AGAIN. Someone thinks this is what a professional driver needs to know. OH WAIT, Ive not hit one in the last 20 years, in fact NEVER. The argument on the mirrors was something to behold, can’t do that digitally, well worth the money.

Billynomates:
Wow I hope the training is as good, just followed link to their website. Had an amazing conversation on the ‘chatline’, with myself coz nobody answered?? Just like being at work, astounding

I had the same experience on Friday.

Seems a waste of people’s time having a chat window if you’re left chatting to yourself.

Sent from my mobile.

Thing is an on-line DCPC course seeeeeeeeems like a good idea to fill in the time whilst you’re furloughed :bulb: :unamused:

If the lockdown continues for any length of time it’s possible there could be online DCPC courses cheaper than this.