Minimised your tax and national insurance contributions?byb

By using umbrellas or self employment schemes? Now is the time to ■■■■ off and reap what you showed…

■■■■ you, you thought it was ok, not paging in, and now you wanto be helped out?? ■■■■ you.

And the plumbers and taxi drivers that only put 50% of their work through the books.

And the silly woman on the TV whose company has 50k cash at bank, makes 50k profit but wants to reinvest that money into the company, rather than use as her living costs for a month or two.

Give em an inch they will take a mile.

the nodding donkey:
By using umbrellas or self employment schemes? Now is the time to [zb] off and reap what you showed…

[zb] you, you thought it was ok, not paging in, and now you wanto be helped out?? [zb] you.

Going to be stopped in the next few weeks everyone will make the same contributions perfect excuse for the Chancellor to bring it don’t think there will be to much opposition, about time too

the nodding donkey:
By using umbrellas or self employment schemes? Now is the time to [zb] off and reap what you showed…

[zb] you, you thought it was ok, not paging in, and now you wanto be helped out?? [zb] you.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

My only issue is those self employed types that would love telling me im a mug on PAYE as they scheme their way to pay the absolute minimum in TAX, they were probably the loudest complaining about ‘loosing out’ when this started.

On trucking facebook groups whenever the “self employed” have posted a rant about it not being fair it hasn’t gone quite the way they expected. You’d have thought the other self employed would figure out not to try to defend their tax dodging colleagues but no, they pop up only to get shot down too.

I really think that self employed drivers don’t have any idea of the amount of vitriol there is for them. Doesn’t help that most of them think they’re clever and constantly bang on about how much better off they are. If they’re so much better off then why are they all saying they can’t afford to take a few weeks or a couple of months off with no work?

the nodding donkey:

I was thinking just that yesterday (never used any tax tricks myself). Unfortunately the costs/consequences are going to be shared among everyone. I don’t believe A&E staff ask to see your tax bill and NI contributions upon admission

Business as normal at our place (Gas) I’m PAYE and the amount of time I’ve had other drivers telling me about going LTD & not paying tax over the years & yet here we are & within a week the tax avoiding bunch are crying & expecting to be given free money, they should be told to do one or at the very least any taxpayer money should be a LOAN that has to be paid back.
All those that paid themselves a tiny wage with the rest paid in tax avoiding dividends Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Karma

The tax man never said self employed people couldn’t have savings.

I’ve no problem with either self employed or PAYE. Am self employed now and was PAYE up until September last year. The issue I do have is with Umbrella and agencies not wanting to take you on their books PAYE. I had no option but to go self employed or I would not have got this job, I do pay tax (20% CIS taken straight off my invoice at source and paid to HMRC). Because of only starting in September they did nothing for me yesterday, but luckily I do have savings if we get stood down, although just been told that Network Rail have deemed our project as critical works so it will continue regardless.

In April next year I will have to go umbrella PAYE or find another job. Having looked into it before the IR35 rules got put back its an absolute con, but HMRC don’t give a rats arse as they’re getting their tax up front. You don’t gain from holiday pay as its paid up front out of your income, or they can store it for you and pay when you take a week off. You have to pay employer taxes, levies and NI as well as employee. Its all a sham and a con. I could legitimately do what they are doing through my LTD company for less cost to myself, but the way the legislation is set up means the firms I work for have [zb] themselves and deemed that everyone has to go umbrella.

I have no problem in paying my dues, I do have a problem with the 2 faced way we’re being made to do it though.

Nothing wrong with self employed or Ltd, it’s the way many use it as a way of avoiding tax. Yes it isjt illegal, but that doesnt mean it’s right. And no, though I was the MD of a limited company, an actual business with staff, I didnt take a dividend.

On another thread not that long ago I said I put all my money through and paid high tax

For the first time ever, Im glad I did!

Ive never really been a bitter one, moaning about those who dodged it.
I get next to ■■■■ all for the tax I pay so if someone is dodging tax then that was between them and the tax man but now the ■■■■■ hit the fan, I agree with the Nodding donkey.
If you underpaid and dodged paying thinking you were smart and laughed at everyone else paying the correct amount, ■■■■ it up, ■■■■ off and stop crying now

ETS:
Unfortunately the costs/consequences are going to be shared among everyone. I don’t believe A&E staff ask to see your tax bill and NI contributions upon admission

I think he means the ones who massively underpaid with tax dodges yet now expect the government to give them handouts to keep going because their lifestyle doesnt match the £500 profit they declared every year.

the nodding donkey:

What a bitter and twisted post…

Perhaps the self employed might get

a. Pay parity
b. PPE paid for
c. Some recompense for no job security/holidays then

Sand Fisher:

the nodding donkey:

a. Pay parity
b. PPE paid for

Perhaps their bosses could pay for it just like every other company does :wink:

I have been self employed (Sole Proprietor) for 19 years, my business does OK and I will not qualify because of the 50K limit, but since my business is about infection control and associated stuff, I am making hay while the sun is shining, I have already done 6 months in the last 4 weeks, so I shall be having a break permanently when all this rubbish has been seen for what it is. (Not even classified as a dangerous disease this week in the UK) They don`t tell you about that though do they!

Nice little Brucey bonus for me and makes the business more valuable when I sell it this year.

Sorry about the good news for me bit, I know it is not terribly British, but then neither is over reacting to a heavy cold. :wink:

Tude:
I have been self employed (Sole Proprietor) for 19 years, my business does OK and I will not qualify because of the 50K limit, but since my business is about infection control and associated stuff, I am making hay while the sun is shining, I have already done 6 months in the last 4 weeks, so I shall be having a break permanently when all this rubbish has been seen for what it is. (Not even classified as a dangerous disease this week in the UK) They don`t tell you about that though do they!

Nice little Brucey bonus for me and makes the business more valuable when I sell it this year.

Sorry about the good news for me bit, I know it is not terribly British, but then neither is over reacting to a heavy cold. :wink:

Funny that, the other day you said your business had dropped right off.

Still, if I was a jetsetting multi national property owner, with 20 years experience in infection control, had plenty of cash in the bank, and inside contacts at the BBC telling me the “true” picture, I know that the first place I would head to is a trucking forum to gloat.

idrive:

Tude:

Funny that, the other day you said your business had dropped right off.

Still, if I was a jetsetting multi national property owner, with 20 years experience in infection control, had plenty of cash in the bank, and inside contacts at the BBC telling me the “true” picture, I know that the first place I would head to is a trucking forum to gloat.

We are very similar then.

Yes, indeed.

Great social change is coming

…The arse-end of which is “Invisible Earnings” of those who’ve had their hand up the skirt of the entire nation for too long now. :smiling_imp:

“He won dares - wins. He who don’t - won’t”.
Derek Trotter

:smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue:

Mazzer2:

Sand Fisher:

the nodding donkey:

a. Pay parity
b. PPE paid for

Perhaps their bosses could pay for it just like every other company does :wink:

Don’t quite see where you are coming from here. At the moment the self employed do pay/take the risk on all of these. Under proposed arrangements they won’t be able to, hence my post.

The-Snowman:

ETS:
Unfortunately the costs/consequences are going to be shared among everyone. I don’t believe A&E staff ask to see your tax bill and NI contributions upon admission

I think he means the ones who massively underpaid with tax dodges yet now expect the government to give them handouts to keep going because their lifestyle doesnt match the £500 profit they declared every year.

I understand but also the hidden costs they’ve incurred in terms of cuts (or lack of additional funding to keep up with increasing demand) to NHS and other public services that had to be made due to reduced tax revenue, yet if they end up needing treatment they will be depending on those same services they proudly didn’t pay for and now people are dying because NHS staff doesn’t have basic things like PPE. Reading the news I’d think they’re talking about a third world country - no tests, no PPE, no ventilators, not enough staff etc. Not saying LTD/umbrella wiseguys are major taxpayer-would-have-beens, definitely large companies and corporations much more at fault but still…