What lockdown?

Although I have sailed through every uasual traffic hotspot in the last week or so I feel like there are still way too many cars on the road for just key worker travel.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Understandably people are still getting used to the fact you can’t actually leave the house at all unless for essentials, myself included. But it seems a good majority are just ignoring it all together?

I wonder what the next step will be

No, but I regularily speak with a pal in Scotland and he says the same as you. The other day he said he saw cars towing caravans and he also tells me there are plenty of people still working who should not be.

All the selfish ones who only think of themselves. (If they have the power of thought)

No doubt we will all suffer harsher restrictions because of the minority. :imp:

According to the BBC local news the ■■■■■■■ police are going to be stopping caravans and motor homes entering the county and sending them back from where they came.

On another point myself and the Domestic Services Manager have just been. Out for our daily 30 minutes walk and the number of adults on bikes using the footpath and squeezing past is staring to get to us. There’s. nowt on the road ffs use it!!!

Tyneside

thehighlandscot:
Although I have sailed through every uasual traffic hotspot in the last week or so I feel like there are still way too many cars on the road for just key worker travel.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Understandably people are still getting used to the fact you can’t actually leave the house at all unless for essentials, myself included. But it seems a good majority are just ignoring it all together?

I wonder what the next step will be

Plenty of coffin dodgers dithering around clearly out for no good reason.

Went into a Tesco the other morning for ■■■■, queue of about 8 pensioners all out getting a paper. :unamused:

Noticed more pigs than usual sitting on bridges, maybe they’re monitoring traffic levels and they’ll be doing something in the coming days, we can only hope.

Driving an artic through London in the middle of the night this week…

I notice less traffic, but more rather bewildered-acting Pedestrians not sure of what pathway to walk on, where to cross the road etc. Had one jump out in front of me without looking tugging his girlfriend behind him (by the hand…) and got duly awarded a harsh brake…

These pedestrians - are also not wearing masks mainly on the whole, except the foreign-looking pedestrians, who are masked up with what I can only describe as “Deluxe Masks” - akin to full scuba masks…
There also seems to be more cyclists out and about at night than usual, perhaps perceiving that it is safer to ride a bike with no lights at night IF there’s less traffic on the roads…
Solitary Car Ambulances - patrol the streets. I only saw one police car last night, - an unmarked one that had put it’s concealed lights on to pull up a stobart curtainsider for whatever reason…
All these shut down businesses, a lot of them eateries of some description - all have their lights on, contrasting with many district neighborhoods of London that seem to be operating some kind of “turn off some street lamps at 1am” or “turn off every other street lamp” to save the local authorities money, presumably…

I’m not seeing much take-up of this relaxing of the rules regarding supermarket deliveries in general “now allowed at night, bugger any former curfews in place”…
Sediq Khan - has already relaxed the ULEZ, Congestion Charge, and LCCS rules for commercial vehicles, as I understand it…
Yay! - No more risking a fine for blundering into the City, turning left on the Catford Gyratory, or Entering Putney High Street at the “Wrong End”…! :stuck_out_tongue:

A six wheeler went past my home only this morning with a new tractor on the back, delivering tractors essential or not ■■?

lolipop:
A six wheeler went past my home only this morning with a new tractor on the back, delivering tractors essential or not ■■?

Definitely not. Tools for food production are in no way important.

Is it me?

It’s like a ‘soft’ lockdown at the moment, I reckon a hard lockdown with stringent checks, possibly using the Army is on it’s way soon.

robroy:
It’s like a ‘soft’ lockdown at the moment, I reckon a hard lockdown with stringent checks, possibly using the Army is on it’s way soon.

I reckon you are right and the sooner the better. Big fines as in other countries. Hurt them bad.

tyneside:
According to the BBC local news the ■■■■■■■ police are going to be stopping caravans and motor homes entering the county and sending them back from where they came.

I heard another thing about ■■■■■■■ Police, (it may be just drivercrap who knows :unamused: ), but apparentlly they have been turning back Scottish log trucks on their way to Iggesunds Workington, to their depots saying that it aint essential haulage.

Darkside:

lolipop:

Definitely not. Tools for food production are in no way important.

Is it me?

Lollipop and his buddy Jakey consider everything other than deliveries to their local shop, as ‘non-essential’, and selfish.

I have also noticed a lot bikes and cars and out and about. Why anyone would want to risk getting isolated or stuck in a caravan away with limited resources is beyond me. These will undoubtedly be the ones that scream that they need rescuing after a couple of weeks putting others at risk.

Army I’m on the streets is a worry in my opinion, but the options are getting limited with these clowns that won’t do there bit

One scenario everyone panics and things get worse with panic buying
Another everyone panics and it endures riots
Another everyone panics and loses more trust in the government

I’ve seen quite a few cyclists today on my essential journey to collect 28 ton of waste paper destined for India, [emoji2369][emoji2369] and I’m just wondering if doing the Tour of Britain for 200miles and 5hours is what Boris meant by 1 form of exercise a day?? And no i dont know exactly how long or how far they we’re cycling for but looking at where they were it was obvious it wasn’t just a pootle round the block…
They were all on there own tho…

jakethesnake:
The other day he said he saw cars towing caravans …

Where I stay, there are are 3 couples were one half work in the NHS on the hospital wards. They’ve brought their caravans
home, parked them on the drive to allow them to continue living together at the home environment, but keep separate.

Apparently home deliveries from Argos are “essential” :unamused: I saw plenty of their 7.5T’s on the A1 today coming out of their big depot in Darlington

In Brit speak first lockdown was polite request, this week’s was a less polite request verging on impolite, next one will be downright rude.

Army presence and one time daily pass needed to shop imho. Exercise breaks removed, if you want exercise walk to the forking shop and only get what you can carry back.

Punishment for breaking laws will be a dry ■■■■■■■, I anticipate being very naughty :slight_smile:

what I can’t seem to understand is how some people seem to have taken being told to stay indoors as the kick up the arse they needed to start exercising! I’ve run around the local lake for the last 12 months and rarely see anyone, now its rammed from 7am! People are driving to the lake for a jolly under the guise of allowed exercise.

The weather is turning Saturday, lets see how many are still"exercising" then…

maga:
what I can’t seem to understand is how some people seem to have taken being told to stay indoors as the kick up the arse they needed to start exercising! I’ve run around the local lake for the last 12 months and rarely see anyone, now its rammed from 7am! People are driving to the lake for a jolly under the guise of allowed exercise.

The weather is turning Saturday, lets see how many are still"exercising" then…

I’ve been running a cycle group for older people twice a week for the last 5 years,
Now that we can’t ride together several of us go out singly and ride for an hour a day. I don’t “pootle” around the block as one poster suggested. Over this week I’ve averaged 13 miles a day. One hour exercise a day, and home for 0900 at the latest. I don’t call that abusing the instruction from HMG.

Zac_A:
Apparently home deliveries from Argos are “essential” :unamused: I saw plenty of their 7.5T’s on the A1 today coming out of their big depot in Darlington

For some people they are.
At the moment the government is fine with online ordering and encourages it.

We can’t let the country grind to a complete stop.
Besides if your stuck inside for months you might need a ps4 or Xbox to keep you sane.

At the mo on the street are no end of folk doing a silly walk , as if theyve a dodgy leg or bad guts ache. its as if they fear getting stopped so are faking in advance that theyre disabled. theyve often a 6 pack of bog roll under their arm and pained expressions