Reynolds Logistics, Class 1, ADR

Morning all, is anyone currently working or previously worked for said company.? It’s ADR work out of Thurrock. Would like to know the usual, Pay, average work hours and anything else you want to input.

DISCLAIMER - I have asked the company for the above but it’s was a " we’ll discuss it at interview " responce.

Ta.

Got a friend that worked for them out of Nottingham. He said he was away all week but that was out of there. But other than that never a problem, decent kit

Cheers for that Joe, it does mention nights out but, not all week. Not my preferred option to night out all week.

Nkh22:
Cheers for that Joe, it does mention nights out but, not all week. Not my preferred option to night out all week.

Maybe different down there but no harm turning up to a arranged interview. You can always turn and job offer down later on

I work for Reynolds based out of Ellesmere Port. I’m guessing it will be a little bit different up here, but the basics will be roughly the same. (The planners are based at Thurrock and they plan all of our work as well)
I do 48 hours, based on a 4on4off rota, with plenty of overtime available if I want it. Other drivers do Monday-Friday either days or nights, although very few here ever do nights out.
Salary can be a bit difficult to work out, as the pay is structured with quite a few enhancements. You get a basic salary that makes up the majority, then meal allowance, shift rate (including night rate, or in your case, night out money) and then a ‘location equality’ payment, which is similar to London weighting, but they apply it nationwide, varying on cost of living in various areas.
These are all paid separately in order to allow you not to pay tax on them, therefore maximizing your income.
All told, your income should be 36-40k, depending on the level of enhancements for your area.
As a company to work for, I can have no real complaints. The workload is manageable, and you’re left to get on with it. The equipment is in reasonable condition, I think they are looking to replace a number of cabs this year as they are starting to get a bit old (15-66 plates in our yard, with 500-650k on the clock).
As for the actual work, it’s all fuel work, delivering to both commercial and retail customers, If you’re not PDP qualified, they will put you through the training.
Think I’ve covered most of it, but any questions or anything I’ve missed, feel free to ask

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Cheers Cookie, that’s really helpful. Understand now why they would tell me about the pay structure. Advert did say nights out when needed so I’m taking that as if things go ■■■■ up…

Gotta be honest and say £36/40k wouldn’t make me jump ship. Adding everything up like distance to work, salary etc, to where I work now it’s not worth the jump.

Never say never, think I’ll go along and see what they say.

Nkh22:
Cheers Cookie, that’s really helpful. Understand now why they would tell me about the pay structure. Advert did say nights out when needed so I’m taking that as if things go ■■■■ up…

Gotta be honest and say £36/40k wouldn’t make me jump ship. Adding everything up like distance to work, salary etc, to where I work now it’s not worth the jump.

Never say never, think I’ll go along and see what they say.

Being honest, the salary is probably the worst thing about the job. It’s not the best out there, and especially for fuel work.
This is the main reason they struggle to retain drivers, most get a bit of experience then go to better paying companies. Most of ours have left to go and work for the supermarkets, who offer similar hours, but usually for 10-15 grand a year more.
Depending on your priorities, you might be able to make much better money down the line (for a lot less work) if you can stick it out for 12-18 months here

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I work on Tankers now delivering Gas and it seems the Fuel is way behind in terms of pay. Such a shame as it was always what I wanted to do when I started all them years ago.

Bad state of affairs this industry is in, in my opinion.