Another question on hours!

Ok here goes. I work roughly 7-5 Monday to Friday and then work the Saturday 7-1pm so I’ve reduced my weekly rest right. However if I had an assessment drive the following Saturday (having done mon-fri again), it would mean another reduced weekly rest which is illegal right? On each side of this fortnight in question is a full 45 hour rest period. Could you argue the assessment drive is an examination so exempt from drivers hours rules?? Hope that makes sense and look forward to hearing from the experts

If assessment requires the use of a digicard then there is no escape from it being under EU regs - I cannot see an exemption unless I missed it

If you temporarily mislaid your card … No comment :wink: :laughing:

undertaker:
Could you argue the assessment drive is an examination so exempt from drivers hours rules??

Not an expert, but assessment drive is still covered by same rules as others.

Would be handy for spme companies if it was as thry could send out a drivers mate and claim “he’s the assessor so out of scope” if stopped. Don’t give them ideas. :slight_smile:

Holidays are usually the best way and as it’ll only show maybe an hour or two on the card, the current lot prob won’t even notice it.

Depending if you’ve got any sway in it, an early doors assessment would cover you. As you have until 10am on the Saturday before you need your card out so you can start again at 7am Monday whilst still logging 45 hours off (no reduced weekly test)
Or as previously mentioned take Monday as holiday, then it won’t matter what time the assessment is.
Does your place only do 7am start times? If not maybe a shift swap or just be late for work!? (happens to everyone at some point) There’s even other more dubious options available!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I’ve just taken this Monday off to be safe and as it happens, my actual assessment has moved to Monday. Happy days, thanks for the advice!