Ignorant embarrassed or what?

Being the nice chap i am i voluntarily watched a container jockey into an easy blind side herringbone space he was making a bit of meal of…no sweat we all had to learn sometime, i asked him if he wanted me to watch his blind corner, yes was the answer.

Cheery wave or maybe even a ‘‘thanks mate’’ after?..er no, completely blanked me.

Oh well, his loss, presumably dragged up rather than brought up (my dad would get out his grave and clip me round the bloody ear for that), i shall of course not join the ill mannered louts and will continue to behave as an erstwhile David Niven while whole swathes of our society disappear up their own fundament, well apart from i won’t get all the nice girls falling at my feet like David :wink:
To be fair this was most unusual, most lorry drivers still have decent manners.

Juddian:
Being the nice chap i am i voluntarily watched a container jockey into an easy blind side herringbone space he was making a bit of meal of…no sweat we all had to learn sometime, i asked him if he wanted me to watch his blind corner, yes was the answer.

Cheery wave or maybe even a ‘‘thanks mate’’ after?..er no, completely blanked me.

Oh well, his loss, presumably dragged up rather than brought up (my dad would get out his grave and clip me round the bloody ear for that), i shall of course not join the ill mannered louts and will continue to behave as an erstwhile David Niven while whole swathes of our society disappear up their own fundament, well apart from i won’t get all the nice girls falling at my feet like David :wink:

I’d have offered you a minimum of a reach around as minimal thanks.

Failing that, pick a poison should facilitys allow.

Should both of the above have failed, it would have to be a minimum of a fist pump and much appreciation in kind coz one day you’ll guarantee karma will bring a cross of paths again…

I’ve a stash of coffee, chip butties, blow jobs owed to a group of drivers within a box slogging outfit, sadly until they start ■■■■ employing again an I pray for the chance they gave, then withdrew [emoji17] I’m gonna av to hope the folks I owe will honour a strangers word as I truly believe your words your bond.

Respect costs ■■■■ all so spend extravagantly [emoji106]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I helped a driver blindside a few weeks back, he bought me a coffee as a thanks. They say a thank you costs nothing, in this case it set him back the princely sum of 20p [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Benjie83:

Juddian:

I’d have offered you a minimum of a reach around as minimal thanks.

Failing that, pick a poison should facilitys allow.

Should both of the above have failed, it would have to be a minimum of a fist pump and much appreciation in kind coz one day you’ll guarantee karma will bring a cross of paths again…

I’ve a stash of coffee, chip butties, blow jobs owed to a group of drivers within a box slogging outfit, sadly until they start [zb] employing again an I pray for the chance they gave, then withdrew [emoji17] I’m gonna av to hope the folks I owe will honour a strangers word as I truly believe your words your bond.

Respect costs [zb] all so spend extravagantly [emoji106]

I have found thank you very much goes down just as well, in fact better than the offer of ■■■■■■ favours in most cases.

probably the same sort of git that doesn’t say thank you after holding the door for them. Manners cost nothing.

Probably heading for a night run up the M6 with the rest of the ignorant so called profession drivers

Please continue to be a gentleman. As someone about to start class 1 training, I’m dreading the first weeks on the road after passing and finding gainful class 1 employment.
Reversing is my biggest fear. Hoping to come across plenty of helpful drivers in that time to guide me through it.
Good manners cost nothing as my parents used to say, you can be sure I’ll say thank you for all help received.

trevorking1964:
Please continue to be a gentleman. As someone about to start class 1 training, I’m dreading the first weeks on the road after passing and finding gainful class 1 employment.
Reversing is my biggest fear. Hoping to come across plenty of helpful drivers in that time to guide me through it.
Good manners cost nothing as my parents used to say, you can be sure I’ll say thank you for all help received.

I passed 2 years ago and reversing was my biggest fear too. If I’m honest, it was all in my head. Actually doing it and taking my time I was far more confident by week 2 and now I enjoy awkward reverses as they’re a bit of a challenge.

Good luck with your training [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

What do you want, a medal?

trevorking1964:

If you’re that worried about reversing maybe driving not for you.

Juddian:

That’s probably the same guy who your man keeps on posting about on here, roly poly

Apparently CAW Ingredients on the A1 at Leeming brings out the best in helpful drivers, mate that drives for Wincanton says it’s a nasty blind on the herring with the added luxury of leaving drivers having to park bang opposite to collect paperwork. Says he always gets the offer of a hand so not all hope is lost :smiley:

bobbya:

Maybe i used too strong a word there.
Been driving for a living since 1985.
7.5t all those years.
Passed my class 2 last week on Monday with 2 faults.
Confident enough in my abilities and chosen career path to be fair.
Class 1 is the unknown for me though, they bend in the middle ! [emoji23]
You know what i mean.
Gonna take some getting used to.
I was trying to say I myself would be grateful when offered guidance from another driver.
I’ve given help in the past when i could in the same sort of situation.

Benjie83:

I read that as “fist bump” but then realised its not. I hope you take your watch off first…

trevorking1964:

bobbya:

7.5t all those years.
You know what i mean.
I was trying to say I myself would be grateful when offered guidance from another driver.

Ignore him. The bloke is chatting rubbish.

No one is born with the ability to reverse an artic. And at the start everyone struggles. Unless you have experience as a shunter or something everyone worries about it.

After a while it all clicks into place. And you will get to a point if you are like me where you find it much easier taking out an artic than reversing a rigid. Not sure why - but I just find rigids harder to reverse now. Uncoupling your trailer and taking shunts to park the unit is more embaressing than anything else :grimacing: .

Just take your time when you pass. Get out yourself and trust no one unless you both know they are a driver. But also a good experienced driver at that. I’ve had security gaurds try and back my into gates before now. Basically just don’t believe anyone is any good until you have seen them walk the walk.

njl:

Benjie83:

I read that as “fist bump” but then realised its not. I hope you take your watch off first…

[emoji38]

Never.

Schofield wore his while piloting Gordon an no one batted an eye, good for the goose is my mantra.

Some people are afraid of clowns.

trevorking1964:

The majority will help you.
I remember after just passing my test i was struggling to get on a bay and this foreign driver watched me back and gave me some tips. Then there was this english bloke one time who just sat there and laughed. So you do get the odd dicks.
Ive helped a load of new drivers struggling with reversing and even put it on a bay for one of them. Told him to get in the passenger seat and went though it with him seen as he was just given the keys and told to get on with it. We were all new once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is their ignorance so confusing…

Would you be upset at a blind person for not being able to see? A deaf person for not being able to hear? A lame person for not being able to walk? Of course not.

Never be suprised at an ignorant person for being ignorant.

sammym:

trevorking1964:

bobbya:

7.5t all those years.
You know what i mean.

Ignore him. The bloke is chatting rubbish.

No one is born with the ability to reverse an artic. And at the start everyone struggles. Unless you have experience as a shunter or something everyone worries about it.

After a while it all clicks into place. And you will get to a point if you are like me where you find it much easier taking out an artic than reversing a rigid. Not sure why - but I just find rigids harder to reverse now. Uncoupling your trailer and taking shunts to park the unit is more embaressing than anything else :grimacing: .

Just take your time when you pass. Get out yourself and trust no one unless you both know they are a driver. But also a good experienced driver at that. I’ve had security gaurds try and back my into gates before now. Basically just don’t believe anyone is any good until you have seen them walk the walk.

Thank you very much.
Really appreciate you taking the time to write that long post.