Thompsons in Dumbarton, Scotland... Any good?

They seem to almost exclusively run tippers. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them, and what that experience was like. Thank you.

Average pay about £10ish PH. Apparently a good job if you can get in, it’s more who you know rather than what you know. No real turnover of drivers as there’s not any other options for work in the area so nobody leaves. Good kit and all local work, trucks are based on Broadmeadow Industrial Estate.

Trying to get out of their quarry at that roundabout alone is enough to make me want to steer well clear! :laughing:

harrawaffa:
Average pay about £10ish PH. Apparently a good job if you can get in, it’s more who you know rather than what you know. No real turnover of drivers as there’s not any other options for work in the area so nobody leaves. Good kit and all local work, trucks are based on Broadmeadow Industrial Estate.

Thanks for the reply, very helpful. I’ve maybe got a trial drive for them soon and I was just wondering how they stack up against others. I always see Tarmac and Malcolm tippers flying about and was just wondering how they may compare. Going to head out and try and get some face-to-face time with some TM’s…

The-Snowman:
Trying to get out of their quarry at that roundabout alone is enough to make me want to steer well clear! :laughing:

Over the years I think I’ve nearly taken out about 100 tippers at that entrance. Or they’ve nearly taken me out!!

SaucyWeeTart:
Thanks for the reply, very helpful. I’ve maybe got a trial drive for them soon and I was just wondering how they stack up against others. I always see Tarmac and Malcolm tippers flying about and was just wondering how they may compare. Going to head out and try and get some face-to-face time with some TM’s…

Thompsons will be infinitely better than Malcolm. That being said Malcolm are known to take anyone with a pulse as the tipper operation at South Street is a revolving door of drivers. Pay is poor though was less than £9 an hour last year but if tippers is what you want you could use it as a stepping stone if you don’t get sorted anywhere else.

harrawaffa:

SaucyWeeTart:

Thompsons will be infinitely better than Malcolm. That being said Malcolm are known to take anyone with a pulse as the tipper operation at South Street is a revolving door of drivers. Pay is poor though was less than £9 an hour last year but if tippers is what you want you could use it as a stepping stone if you don’t get sorted anywhere else.

Great, thanks for the info. To be honest I was thinking the same thing about their employees. Really looking to join a more astute mob than that, if at all possible. I’m a newbie though so beggars can’t be choosers and all that.