Langdons Bridgwater

Been offered Monday - Friday by my agency with the above company

National work, Salary seems pretty good (£30012), nights out at £24.30

Done a fair bit of agency with them, anyone got any experience and more details, base hours, over time rates etc etc? Company seems genuine and helpful so far…

Thejpmshow:

Done a fair bit of agency with them, anyone got any experience and more details, base hours, over time rates etc etc? Company seems genuine and helpful so far…

Does not seem bad but agencies will always cut you out.

You should be receiving £25 night out allowance and £10 food allowance. This is government HMRC rules. Firms will pay it but often not the full amount. The £10 food allowance is a standard tax allowance which is paid for anyone (whatever the profession) who is 30 miles (think that’s right it may be 25 mile) from home and out of their home for more than 10 hours in the day - e.g. I received this as a supply teacher. £25 is a similar allowance which also comes off tax.

At least you get £24.30 - one firm I worked for only paid £20… but I’m not sure why they’ve deducted 70p.
But an agency can pay you what they like.

Can’t remember how it is worked out now but my firm pay wages fortnightly and then expenses weekly in arrears (bad enough when a can fork out £128 per week for staying at a truck stop… i.e. £256 before being reimbursed). But my financial situation will be improved in Feb.

jessejazza:
The £10 food allowance is a standard tax allowance which is paid for anyone (whatever the profession) who is 30 miles (think that’s right it may be 25 mile) from home and out of their home for more than 10 hours in the day

This should apply to most drivers then. Wonder how many actually get this from their firms.

We don’t , but then again I didn’t know we should ?

Anyone successfully argued this with their firm ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found out today that that salary is the top line

No higher rate hour trigger, one to forget then…

Thejpmshow:
Found out today that that salary is the top line

No higher rate hour trigger, one to forget then…

Yeah you don’t get outta bed for 30K

How many hours are they expecting out of you for that salary ?

On National you’ll likely get early start payments, worth about £80 extra per week too

jessejazza:

Thejpmshow:

Does not seem bad but agencies will always cut you out.

You should be receiving £25 night out allowance and £10 food allowance. This is government HMRC rules. Firms will pay it but often not the full amount. The £10 food allowance is a standard tax allowance which is paid for anyone (whatever the profession) who is 30 miles (think that’s right it may be 25 mile) from home and out of their home for more than 10 hours in the day - e.g. I received this as a supply teacher. £25 is a similar allowance which also comes off tax.

At least you get £24.30 - one firm I worked for only paid £20… but I’m not sure why they’ve deducted 70p.
But an agency can pay you what they like.

Can’t remember how it is worked out now but my firm pay wages fortnightly and then expenses weekly in arrears (bad enough when a can fork out £128 per week for staying at a truck stop… i.e. £256 before being reimbursed). But my financial situation will be improved in Feb.

The bit in bold isn’t true.

HobNobRoy:
How many hours are they expecting out of you for that salary ?

Exactly!

mbax81:
On National you’ll likely get early start payments, worth about £80 extra per week too

Do you have that on good authority?

Thejpmshow:

mbax81:

Do you have that on good authority?

Any shift started at 5am or earlier and you’re paid just under £16 extra for that day. On national I’d be pretty positive you’d get 5 per week