Stonebridge 2400 analogue radio type tachograph.. HELP!

Hi, can anyone help with this rather random one… I have a 2400 analogue tacho, its one that fits in a normal radio slot and the whole front opens to enable access to the disk… anyway I just had it recalibrated, now when I turn the ignition key on the display comes up with " Encr " then after a few seconds its gone and normal function returns. I spoke to the place that did the calibration and apparently this is normal … something to do with encrypted sender unit… however for the last two years the display hasn’t had this " Encr " message.

SO im starting to worry that the calibration centre have jiggered something up and as usual are fobbing me off so I end up getting stiffed for the repair… I already had to replace the digital tacho head in my other truck which ended up costing a fortune!

When I opened the drawer after calibration I found two disks crammed in the drawer both fitted incorrectly… ( the pear shaped hole in the disk just crammed over the drive part… which has made me even more worried… if the calibration centre cant even fit a disk in properly… well… what else cant they do properly…

any ideas, suggestions or experience would be very welcome!!

thanks

Fred