Can you do constant 6 on 2 off shifts?

tachograph:

Franglais:
I think that it would be realistic to imagine a 09hr00 start and 21hr00 end time daily? 12hr shift.
So, in all weekly breaks there would be 60hrs off, spread across 4 days.
Looking at your diagram showing the hiccup at week 11:
As you say the 60hr weekly rest starting Sunday week 9, can only count in one week, however if it was 69hrs * , it could.
Different ways to achieve this of course.
Taking my example of 09hr00 start time on week one. Same shift all week, 59hr off instead of 60, so 08hr start on week 2, moving by one hr each week, to 00hr00 start, and 12hr00 finish by week 9… Start week 10 at 09hr00 gives a weekly rest of 69hrs.
Seems legal to me. Advancing start times by one hr each week doesnt seem overly onerous? Im well open to correction on this, of course. :smiley:

Have you or do you know anyone who has worked a 6 on 2 off work pattern starting one hour earlier each week which in reality would mean changing from days to nights then eventually back to days ?

From memory I think I pointed out in that thread that a back to back reduced weekly rest period and regular weekly rest period would change things.

Of course we can can come up with all kinds of weird and wonderful scenarios but how realistic are they, personally I’ve never heard of anyone doing the sort of shift pattern you’ve described above :confused:

Im not suggesting anything you said is wrong, but the OP wondered how a job he saw advertised could work: Ive shown a way it could.
I`ve never worked those patterns, nor would I want to.
It does seem that a 6 on 2 off pattern is quite feasible, and that is what the OP was wondering about, since he saw such a job advertised.
The shifting start times I posited are a change of one hour per week over a 59hr rest, and a change of 9hrs over a 69 hr rest. Much less than a perfectly legal 12hr start-time change over a 24 weekly rest period for instance.