Question: can you come and go from agencies?

solidbanjo:
1 could I join an agency just to work a few days for a couple of weeks and then leave?
2 if I was to leave would the agency take me back when I came back to the area? For example if I worked at an agency in Newcastle for a couple of weeks but then had to go down to London for a month would they have me back at the agency a few months later?
3 do agency’s actually offer jobs for a few days at a time? Or are they more looking for someone who is willing to work 5 days a week?

Where I’m at on the contract I’m on I’m asked when I’m available for the following week and work is offered on a daily basis. There’s agency drivers I know who are teachers and do it in the holidays, there’s a few I know are self employed doing non-lorry driving stuff and do it from time to time when it’s quiet. None of what you’re worried about is a problem however be aware that in the Jan-March quiet period you’ll be further down the list of people they’ll ring as they’ll try to keep those who work pretty much full time with them busy first.