DVSA

is there any truth in that Virgin (richard Branson) getting involved in the day to day running of DVSA in the next couple of years? cant see it myself but have heard off two seperate people now, is it usual bull? my wife works for nhs where virgin have made an attempt to take over and made a complete balls up of it…

What possible interest would Richard Branson have in driver & vehicle standards?

rob22888:
What possible interest would Richard Branson have in driver & vehicle standards?

None.

Unless there is money to be made? :open_mouth:

toonsy:

rob22888:

None.

exactly what i thought, which would be bad news for us drivers…

dle1uk:

toonsy:

rob22888:

None.

exactly what i thought, which would be bad news for us drivers…

For clarity I think it’s a load of crap personally, but the DVSA is privately funded now though…

Virgin are in bed with Stobarts in the airline business - make sense to take over DVSA and keep an eye on the competition on the roads.

“Save money on your next fine - have a check now & get 50% off- save even more with a Virgin DVSA loyalty card”

Prisoner transport, railways, parts of the NHS, civil enforcement local council contracting, are just some of the the services that the government have privatised over the years off the top of my head. Wouldn’t at all be shocked to see the DVSA fall into the hands of a private entity that garners it’s profit for the “management” and “administration” services it is providing.

Cannot say I’ve heard this rumour, however I would not be surprised in the slightest to see it come true. I would also welcome virgin taking over the DVSA to be honest. With some luck, they will be made to adopt the red Virgin uniforms and we can all get a laugh from it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

He will be there if there is money to be made like a rat up a drain pipe.
Look how he is making millions out of us in the NHS

Is this another one of those rest room rumours ? If they replace the current workforce with Virgin Atlantic trolly dollies I’m all for it :wink: :wink:

Virgin already have rail and air services so why not step into road transport, as has been said both are Stobart ventures. While it seems feasible Virgin getting a grasp of road transport through Stobart, personally I don’t think Branson would take on a company that doesn’t really have its financial head above water, if there were links between Virgin and a company like XPO then that would seem a little more credible, just my opinion

Grumpy Dad:
if there were links between Virgin and a company like XPO then that would seem a little more credible, just my opinion

Funny you should mention that as XPO’s share price over the last day or two has skyrocketed amidst rumours of them potentially selling off parts of their business. Tupe anybody? :wink:

Hes lost his money making rail franchise.
Part owns flybe which has been.bailed out by the government in all but name.

So wouldt surprise me if he moves into road industry.
After all.hes done trains ,planes,and space. So makes sense

if he takes over and opens all the old goods vehicle test stations again, where are all the gypsies going to go,

dle1uk:
is there any truth in that Virgin (richard Branson) getting involved in the day to day running of DVSA in the next couple of years? cant see it myself but have heard off two seperate people now, is it usual bull? my wife works for nhs where virgin have made an attempt to take over and made a complete balls up of it…

I worked for ■■■■ B for a few years.
He’s definitely not interested. All he’s worried about is Virgin Galactic & selling you a one way ticket in to space.