WH Malcolm to fit driver facing cameras

Easy fix though.

Every driver only has to not go into work next Monday/Tuesday and problem solved.

Ball’s in your court WHM employees…

I shouldn’t imagine it’s difficult to find a job near a Malcolm’s depot that pays as poorly as they do, so crack on lads, you can’t be any worse off.

Roverman:
Easy fix though.

Every driver only has to not go into work next Monday/Tuesday and problem solved.

I agree…

But let’s be honest here, I’ve got better odds of a ■■■■■■■■■ with Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson, than drivers sticking together.

next 2 weeks,moan and groan…thereafter,just moan and groan with intrusion spec cameras…job done.

I agree…

But let’s be honest here, I’ve got better odds of a ■■■■■■■■■ with Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson, than drivers sticking together.
[/quote]
I know what you mean but its getting beyond the point of being just “drivers” sticking together, to me its about the greater good. And 1000 odd employees could make a difference very quickly.

Like I say, it’s not difficult.

What’s the problem with them?

They actually helped out a driver at my place when a member of the public reported him saying he was on his phone whilst driving at this time on this date. Company downloaded the footage from the driver facing camera and saw that he wasn’t.

Why not give them a chance? They may actually prove your innocence one day.

Rowley010:

Absolutely agree. That’s why I’m having them with a live feed fitted in every room in my house on the off chance that the police accuse me of a crime I didn’t commit. Hey presto instant alibi.

the maoster:

Rowley010:

Absolutely agree. That’s why I’m having them with a live feed fitted in every room in my house on the off chance that the police accuse me of a crime I didn’t commit. Hey presto instant alibi.

I’ve got some apples to compare with oranges if you want.

Rowley010:

the maoster:

Rowley010:

I’ve got some apples to compare with oranges if you want.

Here we go again…

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rowley010:

They actually helped out a driver at my place when a member of the public reported him saying he was on his phone whilst driving at this time on this date. Company downloaded the footage from the driver facing camera and saw that he wasn’t.

Sounds like your company were keen to hang someone out to dry?

Did they not ask the accuser of any evidence first and foremost?

Presumably the small army of managers involved right up to the Chairman will lead the way by having their very own CCTV camera pointed at them for every second of their working day, ditto in their company supplied cars, just to show they agree that if you do nothing wrong you have nothing to fear.

Two words chaps, ‘impact assessment’, read all about it.

Hope the good drivers leave if these things go in, 200 notices going in the first week ought to do it.

toonsy:

Rowley010:

Sounds like your company were keen to hang someone out to dry?

Did they not ask the accuser of any evidence first and foremost?

Keen to hang someone out to dry? Or maybe they were just being a responsible company and taking an allegation of a driver being on his phone whilst in control of artic seriously and properly investigating it.

Look I don’t know the ins and outs. I just know that a driver was immediately proved innocent because of the cameras. Now is that such a bad thing?

They only work when you drive like a complete ■■■■, honestly, it was on this very site yesterday :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

funny-chicken-on-steering-wheel-gif.gif

Wheel Nut:
They only work when you drive like a complete ■■■■, honestly, it was on this very site yesterday :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

remy:

Wheel Nut:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: brilliant.

Give it a few years and I can see them.being compulsory.

Esp in London to save the poor cyclists.

Roverman:
Easy fix though.

On Monday morning your seat is filled with agency. Plenty of agency at this time of year sat around doing nothing. By Tuesday agency drivers have demonstrated just how much you’re dragging the job out when drivers who’ve never ever worked at WHM manage to do the job just as well but in less time. By Friday the company has saved so much money on fuel and wages that they start writing out job offers to the agency and dismissal notices to the employees.

Juddian:
Presumably the small army of managers involved right up to the Chairman will lead the way by having their very own CCTV camera pointed at them for every second of their working day

Other than the toilets most already do. CCTV throughout a building is a normal part of a company’s security.

Rowley010:

Oh ffs. :unamused:
At least you’ll be ok Rowley, being a boss’s dream and all that.
I may have to take back what I said about you on your ‘Awesome driver’ thread, when you thought my post was aimed directly at you.

Anyway, just to turn my attention to the NON brainwashed for a sec :unamused: …Are they constant/random surveillance or the ‘Incident only’ ones that go off with harsh braking or collision etc■■?

robroy:

Rowley010:

Oh ffs. :unamused:
At least you’ll be ok Rowley, being a boss’s dream and all that.
I may have to take back what I said about you on your ‘Awesome driver’ thread, when you thought my post was aimed directly at you.

Anyway, just to turn my attention to the NON brainwashed for a sec :unamused: …Are they constant/random surveillance or the ‘Incident only’ ones that go off with harsh braking or collision etc■■?

I’m not brainwashed rob. I can just see the value in something that can prove me innocent under false accusations. I’m not part of the it’s new so it crap brigade.