SCANIA unit problem

Hi guys, not sure if this is the correct section to be posting in, so sorry in advance.
I drive a 2019 next gen scania 450 6x2.
Others drive it during the night. But the past few days something dosent feel right.
The suspension in the unit feels very stiff or something. Can feel every bit of the road, every bump, even on a smooth road its sore on the back lol
At first i thought maby shocks away or something. But visually from a walk around check, shocks, airbags etc look fine. Anyone else had this?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not being funny but have you checked the seat settings?

threewheels:
Not being funny but have you checked the seat settings?

Ding ding ding…

We have a winner!

My first thought was exactly the same.

Personally I use super bouncey wouncey fluffy wuffy puffy wuffy bouncey castle setting and I know instantly if someone else has changed those settings.

I’d also check the ride height handle on the trailer air suspension is pulled out/pushed in to “running” too. If you’ve got the suspension on the trailer dropped right down it’ll feel the same as that too.

Ha, i tested out the seat settings but its not that reason lol
Dont think its trailer height, because iv had two trailers on since and both felt the same. It also does it when its the unit without trailer.
Not to worry il get it too the mechanic shortly.
Could turn out to be something simple. Or maby a handy fix.

New drive axle tyres? or has someone increased the pressures for some reason.

Typically unless you run at absolute maximum drive axle weights continually a fair pressure for that set is 95psi (a good compromise pressure that), if they’re at 105 or 110 the difference in ride handling and grip will be noticeable, obviously exacerbated with salt crap on the ground.
edit, the other two axles will be more like 120 or 125 psi and arn’t likely to be the issue here.

Juddian:
New drive axle tyres? or has someone increased the pressures for some reason.

Typically unless you run at absolute maximum drive axle weights continually a fair pressure for that set is 95psi (a good compromise pressure that), if they’re at 105 or 110 the difference in ride handling and grip will be noticeable, obviously exacerbated with salt crap on the ground.
edit, the other two axles will be more like 120 or 125 psi and arn’t likely to be the issue here.

No, no new tyres. Unless someone has increased the tyre pressure, but cant see why they would as the pressure seemed ok. Bit puzzling lol but il get to the bottom of it eventually. Quite a large fleet of the same lorries so id say the yard mechanics have maby came across this problem before…so il see them when there back from their holidays.

Cab Mountings? I had one go on the one I drove and it didn’t feel good on the arse.

marko91:
Hi guys, not sure if this is the correct section to be posting in, so sorry in advance.
I drive a 2019 next gen scania 450 6x2.
Others drive it during the night. But the past few days something dosent feel right.
The suspension in the unit feels very stiff or something. Can feel every bit of the road, every bump, even on a smooth road its sore on the back lol
At first i thought maby shocks away or something. But visually from a walk around check, shocks, airbags etc look fine. Anyone else had this?
Thanks

I would say.if you think something not right with vehicle.dont drive it

I have a new Gen R450 too, it did suffer slightly from that problem after a couple of months, when it went in for and inspection Scania did a software update to the ride height, that put it back to normal.
Mention it when you next take it in.

Twoninety88:
I have a new Gen R450 too, it did suffer slightly from that problem after a couple of months, when it went in for and inspection Scania did a software update to the ride height, that put it back to normal.
Mention it when you next take it in.

Thats interesting. That could be the problem. Il let our mechanics look at it first and see what they think