Keeping fit

How do some of you guys try and keep fit if you can driving all day! I know a lot of trampers won’t necessarily have the options to park up as and where they want at the end of a shift but got me wondering does anyone use any of the 24hr gym networks when overnighting. For gym or even as shower facilities.

I go boxing training once a week, press ups every day 30 morning 30 dinner 30 before bed, set off dumbells [emoji106]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

If I ever go tramping I would take weight vest with me which gives you loads of options for pushups squats etc. Also, push ups bars or board (look it up very cool).

It is what you gonna make it really, if you are not familiar with internment fasting then look it up, it’s a game changer for controlling your weight.

pedrosa666:
If I ever go tramping I would take weight vest with me which gives you loads of options for pushups squats etc. Also, push ups bars or board (look it up very cool).

It is what you gonna make it really, if you are not familiar with internment fasting then look it up, it’s a game changer for controlling your weight.

Grab an app called Zero for intermittent fasting

Fitness wise do what you enjoy

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

If I have to park up for a bit I usually go for a fairly long walk. Go for an hour in one direction and try to get back in fifty minutes sort of thing. Also some stretching exercises doesn’t cost anything.

I have a multi gym membership with puregym, that costs me 24 quid a month and gives me access to 65 gyms. Loads of their gyms are on industrial or retail estates and have parking fairly close to them. I also have my bike with me and a resistance band so I can get stuff done when not near a gym. If you search facebook for truckers who run there’s loads of info on there about gyms with parking. Well worth a look. I even managed to go swimming tonight as a ended up near swimming pool. Beats sitting in the cab all night.

Unless you are a RDC queen keeping fit is not the issue.

The main issue truckers have is that they eat to much crap.
I understand it in a way, you get bored so while your driving your shovelling stuff down your throat but it adds up.

Viking Pete… really glad to hear that it’s a possible scenario! Especially if you become familiar with a particular area you may travel frequently too. I’m a member at anytime fitness currently but as I’m not out and about I’m unsure if my particular club has clubs suitable with many I’ve seen being city/town centre located. All in all glad others are doing it! And decent showers!! Is just bike a fold up?

Trucker Jimbob:
Viking Pete… really glad to hear that it’s a possible scenario! Especially if you become familiar with a particular area you may travel frequently too. I’m a member at anytime fitness currently but as I’m not out and about I’m unsure if my particular club has clubs suitable with many I’ve seen being city/town centre located. All in all glad others are doing it! And decent showers!! Is just bike a fold up?

It’s just a normal mountain bike mate. Stays on the bunk in the day and stands in passenger footwell at night(have to take off the front wheel). I find using the gym, aswell as getting me out at night also provides much better shower facilities as you say. Google maps is useful for finding parking near gyms.

For me I just need to keep moving
Star jumps while waiting to load. Other driver laugh, but I don’t care.

Facebook group - Truckers who run.

Not just for running, but other exercises as well.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Some of the truck stops have gyms now

There is a lot you can do go running as well as stretches or resistance bands weights can all be taken easy in cab have done it

Also look for local council gyms /swimming pools

Take your own food to eat prepare at home take with