DCPC log-in

Got a day’s DCPC training tomorrow (deep joy…). Employer wants a printout of my training record so I went online to do this. Entered my log-in details - “We are unable to verify those details. Please check and re-enter” (or similar words). So I did - still no joy. So, assuming I must have changed my password (the one I have used on numerous occasions to access this information) I clicked on “forgotten password”, entered my driver number and postcode - “DVSA records indicate you have not registered for this service” Eh?

So I phoned them. Very helpful lady confirmed that I am indeed not registered for the service and has arranged for a new password to be sent to my home. So how come I have been using the service pretty much since they introduced it? She was unable to answer.

Don’t know if anyone else has had the same problem? Might be worth checking yours…

m

Darkspirit:
It’s the DVLA or Swansea zoo!

Nothing to do with DVLA…

Roymondo:
Got a day’s DCPC training tomorrow (deep joy…). Employer wants a printout of my training record so I went online to do this. Entered my log-in details - “We are unable to verify those details. Please check and re-enter” (or similar words). So I did - still no joy. So, assuming I must have changed my password (the one I have used on numerous occasions to access this information) I clicked on “forgotten password”, entered my driver number and postcode - “DVSA records indicate you have not registered for this service” Eh?

So I phoned them. Very helpful lady confirmed that I am indeed not registered for the service and has arranged for a new password to be sent to my home. So how come I have been using the service pretty much since they introduced it? She was unable to answer.

Don’t know if anyone else has had the same problem? Might be worth checking yours…

Yes Roymondo, I had exactly that trouble just before the cut-off on 9th September. :imp:

I tried to log in using my password, then got word for word the same as you got, then (at the time) their website was ‘encountering difficulties’ and wasn’t working once I’d got my new password through the post. :unamused:

I’d advise that… if you’ve already maxed your hours for the current cycle , but thought otherwise… you’ll pay for a course, then find out that those 7hrs can’t be credited as well as you’ve lost your money. :open_mouth:

:bulb: It does pay to know where you’re up to with this!!

dieseldave:
I’d advise that… if you’ve already maxed your hours for the current cycle , but thought otherwise… you’ll pay for a course, then find out that those 7hrs can’t be credited as well as you’ve lost your money. :open_mouth:

Noted - but fortunately I don’t pay for my training and I also get paid (at time and a half) for attending :slight_smile:

Roymondo:

dieseldave:

Noted - but fortunately I don’t pay for my training and I also get paid (at time and a half) for attending :slight_smile:

…then you’re one of the fortunate ones. :smiley:

Even though I’ve taught over 4,000 hrs of DCPC since 2009 (only attached to ADR courses) I cannot count even one of those hours towards my own DCPC.

Being self-employed means that nobody pays for my courses or for me to be there either!! :frowning:

I’ve just tried logging in as well, out of interest, and I had the same problem, said I wasn’t registered when I know I was. Clicked the ‘register’ option and should receive password in 3 days. A bit concerning considering how much the government want us to do everything online these days.

tallyman:
… A bit concerning considering how much the government want us to do everything online these days.

Very true!!

I think they’ve possibly lost some/all of the old database, but would they own up to that?

I`ve just tried logging in, out of curiosity, and had no problems.
I have a current card, and no further training as yet.

dieseldave:

tallyman:
… A bit concerning considering how much the government want us to do everything online these days.

Very true!!

I think they’ve possibly lost some/all of the old database, but would they own up to that?

I don’t think any of the underlying database has been lost/vaped - the woman I spoke to on the phone was able to confirm all the details of my card and previous training sessions. It just seems to be the log-in side of things that has gone awry.