Driver stoned while doing 70

So it’s obviously bad to have stuff chucked at you while driving, but 70mph on a single carriageway? Perhaps the reporter got a little carried away with the facts

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t … o-20872844

Pity the lorry didn’t have front facing camera would have got registration

I thought someone had found a good supplier of Moroccan Black :open_mouth:

njl:
Perhaps the reporter got a little carried away with the facts

It’s fairly…

Safe to say that Daily Mirror isn’t renowned for getting carried away with the facts.

Thats some great story telling right there, sorry I meant reporting!

Wonder what the back story is? there is always a back story no matter what people claim.

Wheel Nut:
I thought someone had found a good supplier of Moroccan Black :open_mouth:

Lol same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote of the week? "One other minor comment. He was doing 70mph? ALL HGV’s in the UK are limited to 60mph so, it was either NOT an HGV and was an LGV or, he has overridden the governor and was speeding or, somebody at the DM can’t count!!

On past experience of the editorship of the DM, I would personally go with the latter!!"

peterm:
Quote of the week? "One other minor comment. He was doing 70mph? ALL HGV’s in the UK are limited to 60mph so, it was either NOT an HGV and was an LGV or, he has overridden the governor and was speeding or, somebody at the DM can’t count!!

On past experience of the editorship of the DM, I would personally go with the latter!!"

all hgv’s limited to 60mph? we wish! :laughing:

peterm:

So large goods vehicles go faster than heavy goods vehicles? I was under the impression they were the same thing. You learn something new every day.

Nite Owl:

peterm:

So large goods vehicles go faster than heavy goods vehicles? I was under the impression they were the same thing. You learn something new every day.

HGV stands for Heavy Goods Vehicle and LGV stands for Large Goods Vehicle. … Confusion often comes about from the incorrect use of the term LGV, as some people think it stands for Light Goods Vehicles to drive pickup trucks and vans, with a gross vehicle weight of under 3500kg

LGV can mean Light Goods Vehicles according to some, but they also say you need a Class A licence to drive a lorry. I use a Class A licence to ride my motorcycle. :smiley:

I think this comes from an early taxation class. - PLG. Private Light Goods

The pictures in the article show a Volvo with a smashed driver’s side window.