The joy of "Tramping"

I’ve tramped for 7 years then 2 years in a transport office, money was ■■■■ so went back driving on days for about 6 months and have now been tramping again for the past 5 years. I’m sick of it now,but I do it mainly for the money ,less stress and more sleep.
When I did the 6 months on days I was constantly flat out trying to get home every night,stressing when I was delayed tipping/loading and a great deal of the time rolling back to the yard at 9pm at night having done a 15 hr day, a 15 minute drive back home,cook dinner,have a shower and try and get 5 hrs sleep having to get up an hour before being back at work. I can now roll out of bed 10 minutes before i start, not have to fly about all day and finish wherever, make my dinner and go to bed. :wink:

Extremely rare that I eat at MSA’s or fast food, usually have those micro rice pouches that I cook in a pan on my gas stove, I buy the decent ready meal sauces (sweet & sour chicken,Korean sticky pork/a curry) to have with it which I also cook on the gas stove as I don’t use microwaves. I’ll cook stuff up at the weekend also and freeze a few pots that go with either rice or pasta and usually have salad stuff once or twice a week with tuna mackerel or those cooked chilli salmon fillets that you get at most supermarkets. You can eat half decent if you can be bothered.
The only thing You really need is a gas stove and a fridge/cool box.