Sat Navs Wrongly Saying "Road Closed.."

In the last week or so, the company trucknav is saying various roads are closed when they aren’t. Anyone know the reason for this?

Probably using TMC reports.

Most of these road closure reports rely on information provided by councils and utilities, if the information they get is wrong (Which it often is) you will see inaccurate reports on sat-navs etc. The AA traffic news website has been reporting temp traffic lights outside my house for the last 3 weeks when they were only there for one day!!

Does it use Google maps data? I’ve noticed a couple of times recently Google saying roads are closed 24 hours when it’s only an overnight closure. Strange, as they’re normally pretty good on that.

They often say the M6 is closed overnight from J2 to J4 them around 6am it disappears, and is fully open, road near me was recently closed overnight for roadworks for one week, three weeks on it still says it closed overnight according to google maps.

I noticed my Tomtom seems to get random road closures this time of year which I guess are planned closures that were cancelled by the weather esp on more minor roads.

Bigger roads tend to be more accurate than the matrix signs so maybe relies on Google data there. I know some of the Garmins use TMC but that seems to rely on same info as matrix.

Ziltoid:
Does it use Google maps data? I’ve noticed a couple of times recently Google saying roads are closed 24 hours when it’s only an overnight closure. Strange, as they’re normally pretty good on that.

This. A47 has been showing as closed for the past two weeks during the day when it’s allegedly closed overnight 2100 - 0600.

M62 36-37 was supposed to be closed both directions every night from 6-13th November but Thursday night it was open due to the strong winds preventing them from working on the bridge.

Roadworks get planned months in advance but then on the night something happens to prevent it. It is up to you to decide whether you want to chance your arm that it is one of those nights its open. On the Traffic England mobile app you can at least look at CCTV cameras to see if the sections covered by their CCTV that are supposed to be closed are open.

I just keep driving till I see the road closed signs but then I always have been a bit of a “live life on the edge” sort of a guy