Lorry driver charged with manslaughter of 39 [Merged]

For information and ADULT mature discussion if everyone is able to keep racist remarks to themselves. Moderator please feel free to remove if you see fit.

But here is a BBC article which may be of interest…

Essex lorry deaths: Driver charged with manslaughter of 39 people bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50196265

Just asking, was the truck/driver employed by the haulage company boss that’s been arrested?

Also I’m a tad confused as all that I’ve heard for a few days is how we should free Mo and he’s in for a wacking great compo payout when released, but now it seems the old bill etc were on it (like a car bonnet) although i do agree with the innocent until proven guilty…

[emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

truckertang:
Just asking, was the truck/driver employed by the haulage company boss that’s been arrested?

Also I’m a tad confused as all that I’ve heard for a few days is how we should free Mo and he’s in for a wacking great compo payout when released, but now it seems the old bill etc were on it (like a car bonnet) although i do agree with the innocent until proven guilty…

[emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

I’d say all the people that have been saying release him didn’t have any facts as to why he should have been released, the police on the other hand did have facts which is why they could legally keep him for questioning and then charge him.

Presumably the Police consider him to be a fully sentient and willing partner in a people-smuggling organisation, and I would have to say that the information published so far would tend to support this thesis.

One crucial fact that I seem to have missed in all this is what was the tip off? Why was the trailer stopped? How was the alarm raised?

Driver picks up trailer and 30 mins later he’s stopped and arrested.

Rowley010:
One crucial fact that I seem to have missed in all this is what was the tip off? Why was the trailer stopped? How was the alarm raised?

He wasn’t stopped, he was arrested because he phoned for an ambulance and the ambulance service relayed the information to the Police. He went off-route and opened his trailer doors on an industrial estate notorious as being somewhere where illegal immigrants are picked up by minibus after being landed at Purfleet. It is being claimed on his behalf that this was done to retrieve paperwork from the trailer, but to me this makes no sense at all.

What are the advantages ,if any of having trucks registered at any operating centre in say Bulgaria for instance than maybe England or Ireland when the vehicle is never there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:

Rowley010:

He wasn’t stopped, he was arrested because he phoned for an ambulance and the ambulance service relayed the information to the Police. He went off-route and opened his trailer doors on an industrial estate notorious as being somewhere where illegal immigrants are picked up by minibus after being landed at Purfleet. It is being claimed on his behalf that this was done to retrieve paperwork from the trailer, but to me this makes no sense at all.

Shows how much crap goes around in these situations. Story I saw said he COULDNT open the trailer doors as it was sealed, which is why I was wondering how anyone knew those people were in there. But obviously him being the one opening the doors is a very different story to that…

Boris1971:
What are the advantages ,if any of having trucks registered at any operating centre in say Bulgaria for instance than maybe England or Ireland when the vehicle is never there?

[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

Rowley010:
Shows how much crap goes around in these situations. Story I saw said he COULDNT open the trailer doors as it was sealed, which is why I was wondering how anyone knew those people were in there. But obviously him being the one opening the doors is a very different story to that…

The driver, Maurice Robinson, opened the trailer doors, that is not disputed by anybody. He also phoned the emergency services, again that is not disputed by anybody. The trailer may have been sealed, and while it would be highly irregular for a driver to remove a seal while en route, it can be done.

I hoped he knew nothing but am delighted hes English been from northern Ireland at least hes not Irish so people can’t say he is
Just imagine he won a medal then you would be claiming him being British, well trust me he is British and a uk resident so are the rest of them
So you can all stop blaming the Irish, you have them on your own doorstep living and working with them every day eating at the same table as them and they are your kind reared and brought up with
RIP the victims

Harry Monk:

Rowley010:

The driver, Maurice Robinson, opened the trailer doors, that is not disputed by anybody. He also phoned the emergency services, again that is not disputed by anybody. The trailer may have been sealed, and while it would be highly irregular for a driver to remove a seal while en route, it can be done.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
chester says the drivers can open any seals anytime they like to check for load security ect so it absolutely must be correct to do so and never be bothered about rejected/contaminated loads.
its thanks to posters like him that we can carry out our daily routine in a correct manner.

nightline:
I hoped he knew nothing but am delighted hes English been from northern Ireland at least hes not Irish so people can’t say he is

Err, if he’s from Northern Ireland then surely he’s Irish? He would only be English if he was from England. Or am I missing something here?

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
chester says the drivers can open any seals anytime they like to check for load security ect so it absolutely must be correct to do so and never be bothered about rejected/contaminated loads.
its thanks to posters like him that we can carry out our daily routine in a correct manner.

That’s right you can!
How do you explain to a judge or a traffic commissioner that you didn’t check the load security or legality of load. If for example you had caused death or injury on the public highway.
Ever wondered why containers roll over!
Just because pointy shoe clerks tell you that you can’t check your loads before departure doesn’t mean it’s true, maybe grow a set!

I’ve never said you can break a seal at anytime, sometimes authorities will have to aid you, especially with bonded loads.
Show me where I said you can break seals at “Anytime”

He may be British, but he isn’t English, Welsh or Scottish. So we can all claim a British medal if the poster can identify where he really comes from!

Very silly boy if he was in on it. Any truck driver with two brain cells to rub together would know that loading people in to a fridge trailer would be fatal, even if the fridge wasn’t on, it’s air tight ffs. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chester:

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s right you can!
How do you explain to a judge or a traffic commissioner that you didn’t check the load security or legality of load. If for example you had caused death or injury on the public highway.
Ever wondered why containers roll over!
Just because pointy shoe clerks tell you that you can’t check your loads before departure doesn’t mean it’s true, maybe grow a set!

I’ve never said you can break a seal at anytime, sometimes authorities will have to aid you, especially with bonded loads.
Show me where I said you can break seals at “Anytime”

^^^^^^
are you not only allowed up to 11 on a sat night,or are you just waiting on your ovaltine to cool down?
[quoteWhat is worrying is that many on here are under the impression that you can’t break seals!!
Of course you can!
A driver has to satisfy himself that a load and vehicle is suitable for a public highway.]

[/quote]
you didnt specify exactly when and where or for what criteria hence unless you have prior permission from your employer or the consignee then you do not have the option to play with seals unless you want to spend all day chasing your tails after the load gets rejected,now away you go up the sleepy stairs and lets see what happens tomorrow after your up out of your jammies…and please try not to spout anymore waffling pish or itl be the naughty stairs for you… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

nightline:

Err, if he’s from Northern Ireland then surely he’s Irish? He would only be English if he was from England. Or am I missing something here?

How do you make that out if he’s from northern Ireland he’s British it’s part of the uk
Wake up

So we’re in agreement a driver can pop a seal to satisfy that the load meets legal requirements before venturing onto the public highway.

I take it he hasn’t stopped to them out in this industrial estate Then? Wonder what his sentence will be if convicted