If it fits it ships!

Ingenious. Like one of them Russian dolls :smiley: :smiley:

[emoji23]

taliban initiative at its best…top onions…

i had a few loads of mazda bongos from japan in the same style.
engines and gearboxes on the deck with some scrap car bonnets on top of them.
fill the bongo with headlights,speedos,seats and stuff then run it over the top of the bonnets,then jam it to capacity with doors and tailgates.
hey presto,3 loads in one box.

similar to a load of hanging over a load of steel? :slight_smile:

I seen one over the water last week with the arse end of a single deck midibus thing poking out the rear doors :open_mouth:

Thats ok, but i wonder if many stolen vehicles are carried the same way…just a thought

truckyboy:
Thats ok, but i wonder if many stolen vehicles are carried the same way…just a thought

They regularly stop trucks and small cans going east at Dover,loaded with the remains of sprinters, BMW,Merc, and Audi, from chop shops, best I saw was a R8 in it’s constituent parts in a tilt.

Also high value cars are often shipped out in boxes to Africa.

truckyboy:

Why would they be stolen? Second-hand RHD cars are way cheaper than their LHD counterparts, no point in stealing them and taking the risk if all they’re good for is parting out anyway.

milodon:

truckyboy:

Why would they be stolen? Second-hand RHD cars are way cheaper than their LHD counterparts, no point in stealing them and taking the risk if all they’re good for is parting out anyway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
theres a roaring trade in selling stolen high end cars in containers to australia,japan,new zealand ,africa ect.
theres also the added bonus of exporting a car on paper,then using it here on the original plates for the stolen one that got shipped out.
selling it through a few brief owners help this aspect.
bit of a win win for the scallywags.

youtube.com/watch?v=urD3mTYvUME

youtube.com/watch?v=nICCBob9KdU

youtube.com/watch?v=wMIlkuoADLA

Africa, yes, why not. NZ, Australia, Japan? Yer havin a laugh.

And nobodys taking the cars to Africa in a tilt through Dover.

milodon:
Africa, yes, why not. NZ, Australia, Japan? Yer havin a laugh.

And nobodys taking the cars to Africa in a tilt through Dover.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
duh.
there stolen rhd cars going to get rung up in rhd countries,or stripped to repair damaged cars.a 70k range rover to rebuild a damaged one in a rhd country.plus 2k for a container??..do the maths.