XPO Logistics Avonmouth - Co-op

Has anybody had any experience working for XPO Logisitics in Avonmouth on their Co-op deliveries on Class 2?

I’ve been offered an interview and assessment (when my bloody Driver CPC card turns up)

Just wondered what the deal was?

Thank you :smiley:

If it’s Co-op it’s delivering cages to convenience stores.
4-5 drops per load, frozen, ambient, chill, some shops are better/easier than others to access.
Different vehicle every route, 18t, 26t, 8m & 10m urban trailers, some 40 & 45 foot trailers.
Cages pushed by driver into store access point, return cages of waste cardboard, plastic and food.
Cage jenka to access next drop.
Enjoy [emoji41]

Sixties boy:

LOL…

So true.

Those multi-drop tail-lift cage moving drivers should be on £20 ph day rate.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m thinking it would be good experience for now as I don’t have any at all at the moment. I’m considering it just to get some experience under my belt. :smiley:

Spend most of the day wrestling with empty cages.
Wear shin pads as your sure to take a few gouges out your lower limbs.
But yeh good experience…

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Tesco Southampton.

Sainsburys Basingstoke.

If you fancy supermarket work those are far far far better options.

Everyone I know who has been near co-op says it’s a total joke outfit. A driver should do nothing more than send the cages down the taillift - the idea you are meant to push them into the store like a labourer is disgraceful. Aldi/LIDL are not as bad as atleast they just roll them off a bay.

Blacksheep_jo:
Thanks for the reply.

I’m thinking it would be good experience for now as I don’t have any at all at the moment. I’m considering it just to get some experience under my belt. :smiley:

Yes good way to get experience as you’ll be driving different kit most days to different kinds of shops/drops, our lot (Asda) have been recruiting lately but I think they have their intake sorted now.

Sixties boy:
If it’s Co-op it’s delivering cages to convenience stores.
4-5 drops per load, frozen, ambient, chill, some shops are better/easier than others to access.
Different vehicle every route, 18t, 26t, 8m & 10m urban trailers, some 40 & 45 foot trailers.
Cages pushed by driver into store access point, return cages of waste cardboard, plastic and food.
Enjoy [emoji41]

ive worked there, its more usual to have 2 or 3 drops per run. 4/5 does happen but not an everyday occurance. the rest is true.
the units are all manual gear box

sammym:
Tesco Southampton.

Sainsburys Basingstoke.

Everyone I know who has been near co-op says it’s a total joke outfit. A driver should do nothing more than send the cages down the taillift - the idea you are meant to push them into the store like a labourer is disgraceful. Aldi/LIDL are not as bad as atleast they just roll them off a bay.

Southampton and Basingstoke from avonmouth??

And at Aldi you will do more than just roll them off the back. You will put the stock away in its relevant areas, and that’s after loading your own wagon at start of shift

idrive:

sammym:
Tesco Southampton.

Sainsburys Basingstoke.

Southampton and Basingstoke from avonmouth??

And at Aldi you will do more than just roll them off the back. You will put the stock away in its relevant areas, and that’s after loading your own wagon at start of shift

Stupidly thought it was andover.

Not done aldi - but I hear it aint all that bad. Same for lidl. Worst part of those jobs is working on day rate (£150 for 12 hours) and then waiting hours for a trailer.

At the end of the day all supermarket work is pretty rubbish. Co-op happens to be the worst. Total joke outfit imo.

sammym:
At the end of the day all supermarket work is pretty rubbish. Co-op happens to be the worst. Total joke outfit imo.

Agreed.
The days of the cushy supermarket days are numbered.
The big players will have to follow the discount store model to keep up as costs are cut to the bone

Last time I was there the runs were bout 8-9hours then you spent 3 hours at the depot waiting to tip the empties. It was a few years ago.