DVSA active on the m40 this morning

I stopped for a break on Cherwell valley and noticed they’ve taken over a load of parking spaces.
I wonder if they are paying the 30 odd quid per space [emoji848]

nomiS36:
I stopped for a break on Cherwell valley and noticed they’ve taken over a load of parking spaces.
I wonder if they are paying the 30 odd quid per space [emoji848]

They’re taking advantage of the 2 hrs free :smiley: ,then greese the number plate :laughing: :blush:

If I get chalked up for 11hrs because of them will they pay for parking?

DCPC crackdown then.

Conor:
DCPC crackdown then.

Sounds a fair bet.
Quick, easy check for even the office junior to do. Why wouldn’t they?

The sign that they had up said that they were testing fuel.

Oh right. Last time I got dipped was by inland revenue.

nomiS36:
Oh right. Last time I got dipped was by inland revenue.

You mean
Her
Majesty’s
Revenue &
Customs [emoji6]
Also responsible for. VAT , excise duty on beer and ■■■■ , plus fuel duty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s what I meant. Bloody spell check [emoji23]

Quite a coincidece that most cpc cards expire now. So they have decided to clamp down catch people out.
And after all soon be Christmas. And they have parties to organise and Christmas bonuses to pay out

edd1974:
And after all soon be Christmas. And they have parties to organise and Christmas bonuses to pay out

If they’re doing it to pay their Xmas bonuses its a bit of a poor way to do it given how simple it is to avoid not contributing. Quite clearly by your comment you’re one of those who claim to be a professional driver yet incapable of driving within the rules. You should try it, you’ll keep more of your money and may even earn a bit more too once you’re not so eager to chase around and diddle yourself out of hours of work a week.

Conor:

edd1974:

If they’re doing it to pay their Xmas bonuses its a bit of a poor way to do it given how simple it is to avoid not contributing. Quite clearly by your comment you’re one of those who claim to be a professional driver yet incapable of driving within the rules. You should try it, you’ll keep more of your money and may even earn a bit more too once you’re not so eager to chase around and diddle yourself out of hours of work a week.

I don’t want get involved in arguments . Was meant more tounge in cheek.
And for the record I’ve been hgv driving for 10 years now been stopped half a dozen times never found any problems.
I strap all my loads.
Never had a tacho infringement.
Only thing I ever had was about a year ago got £80 fine for stopping in a red loading bay in London.
It said loading bay so I pulled In to make a phone call to phone fitters ask for directions to a site was going to.
Was there 2 mins got a ticket in post.
Turned out was only a loading bay 10 to 16.00

Next time I went past there was a very small sign on the wall saying so.

Have a clean licence.