Dodgy deliveries

Done a thread a while ago about worst damage you have done to a truck. Now whats the worst delivery you have done.

Fortunately, I am very lucky had no bad ones. Had a cage almost go over once but managed to save it.
I’ve had pallets go over but nothing serious and usually the fork-lift drivers fault.

I think my worst delivery was probably having to handball 3ton of decking from my lorry. (customer was not in but kindly suggested I stack it outside for him on a pallet) :laughing:

adam277:
Done a thread a while ago about worst damage you have done to a truck. Now whats the worst delivery you have done.

Fortunately, I am very lucky had no bad ones. Had a cage almost go over once but managed to save it.
I’ve had pallets go over but nothing serious and usually the fork-lift drivers fault.

I think my worst delivery was probably having to handball 3ton of decking from my lorry. (customer was not in but kindly suggested I stack it outside for him on a pallet) :laughing:

MUG

True but I was young and it was my first driving job.

I lost count of the number of cages and pallets I’ve lost over the end of the tailift, several of which ended up on car bonnets. These where at Wilko stores and the cars belonged to the shop managers who would park their car in the loading bays to save on town centre parking fees. But despite requests to move their car, would be too busy to come and shift it. A heavy pallet or cage falling off & landing on the bonnet generally got their attention and encouraged them not to ignore the request for them to shift it. My piece de resistance was in the Frenchgate shopping centre at Doncaster, which required a double blindsided reverse in the underground delivery area, the manager had left their car tucked in the side of the gloomy bay, I managed to squeeze the car up against the concrete wall with the trailer and write the car off

I did Dutch trollies and had 4 go over in back and shop refused the plants
When I work for 3663 I killed a pallet of yogurts the back was a mess [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Delivering 45 cages to our Birmingham bakery. Backed on the bay, opened the door to be confronted by a mouse running under the cages. A quick closing of the bay door and the load rejected.

peirre:
I lost count of the number of cages and pallets I’ve lost over the end of the tailift, several of which ended up on car bonnets. These where at Wilko stores and the cars belonged to the shop managers who would park their car in the loading bays to save on town centre parking fees. But despite requests to move their car, would be too busy to come and shift it. A heavy pallet or cage falling off & landing on the bonnet generally got their attention and encouraged them not to ignore the request for them to shift it. My piece de resistance was in the Frenchgate shopping centre at Doncaster, which required a double blindsided reverse in the underground delivery area, the manager had left their car tucked in the side of the gloomy bay, I managed to squeeze the car up against the concrete wall with the trailer and write the car off

Out of interest then was that considered to be yours or his fault by the insurance companies and your manager/compliance bloke/health & safety manager/whatever job title you want to stick here…

peirre:

oh the memories of wilko shop work… 7 years of fun :laughing:

Frenchgate bloody ■■■■■■■■ of a place to move around in

My worst was hard-boiled eggs. Blakes used to bring them down from Jock land in plastic tubs full of salt water. The pallets were wobbly as ■■■■ so we all knew to make sure they were well wedged in.

I had a delivery of three pallets for some bakery where they made those pies with an egg in the middle and did the usual trick of propping the odd pallet up with a couple of empties. What I didn’t realise was that the two pallets in front of the eggs, which were pretty heavy, were tall enough for the job, but not strong enough.

Along the way I had to anchor up a bit sharpish for some reason and when I opened the back doors a flood of salt water came out and there were boiled eggs all over the floor.

adam277:

That’d be slung on the floor in a heap if taking it back wasn’t an option.

Don’t think I’ve had a “bad” delivery. Collections on the other hand… Creeksea Docks

Rowley010:
Out of interest then was that considered to be yours or his fault by the insurance companies and your manager/compliance bloke/health & safety manager/whatever job title you want to stick here…

Tbh I can’t remember, though it was a fairly common issue.
I vaguely remember dumping a pallet of compost on a bonnet at the store in Leigh

leo.saphira:

Frenchgate bloody [zb] of a place to move around in

I remember being sent to the store on the Leeds inner ring road, with the instruction that the entrance to the underground bays was next to the C&A store. The problem was that the C&A store, however the store had been closed for several years. I must’ve spent an hour riding round the ring road looking for the C&A

sounds like there’s a few ex Canute drivers here…
I did about 12 years agency, on and off for them out of Kendal and Carlisle depots . but never did Wilkos…
had plenty of fun with Lakeland and Pets though, and Pallet Track…
my God, they had some ■■■■■■■

I love the occasional handball delivery, I ring the boss tell him I’m going to be ages (always add 45 mins on top of what I estimate it’s going to be) then crack on at my own pace and get paid by the hour to keep the fat off.

When done I have that 45 mins break before he gets the call that I’m clear

Wonder how many of the go stuff yourself heroes on here who can’t be bothered to do more than open the curtains have problems with their health and weight ? :unamused:

Alfa1M:
Wonder how many of the go stuff yourself heroes on here who can’t be bothered to do more than open the curtains have problems with their health and weight ? :unamused:

Probably about the same amount who have dodgy backs and a limp due to doing that stuff when they were younger.

peirre:

Rowley010:

Tbh I can’t remember, though it was a fairly common issue.
I vaguely remember dumping a pallet of compost on a bonnet at the store in Leigh

leo.saphira:

Frenchgate bloody [zb] of a place to move around in

I remember being sent to the store on the Leeds inner ring road, with the instruction that the entrance to the underground bays was next to the C&A store. The problem was that the C&A store, however the store had been closed for several years. I must’ve spent an hour riding round the ring road looking for the C&A

was the one where the bay was just inside the shutter doors on the left?

leo.saphira:

Tbh I don’t remember too much detail, except for the fact that the pipe work was low and the trailer was too high. Also the M&S driver was a woman dressed in cut off denim was wearing what looked like cowboy boots. She had to drop the trailer and park the tractor unit along side so she didn’t block the road

Lidl runcorn… tight as ■■■■… hours wait for a bay then hours wait for paperwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then done this other self tip in newcastle and was in and out within half an hr

mark1284:
Lidl runcorn… tight as [zb]… hours wait for a bay then hours wait for paperwork

Lidl, Runcorn has a special place in hearts of many a driver!

peirre:

leo.saphira:

Tbh I don’t remember too much detail, except for the fact that the pipe work was low and the trailer was too high. Also the M&S driver was a woman dressed in cut off denim was wearing what looked like cowboy boots. She had to drop the trailer and park the tractor unit along side so she didn’t block the road

That’ll be the delivery area for Trinity Leeds on Boar Lane. There’s a height restriction (can’t remember what) due to the service pipes in the ceiling but if you stay to the left of the ramp as you go down and turn right then you can get a much taller vehicle in. The bays are always busy and more so before Christmas when M&S put extra fridge/freezer containers down there. On the way out you have to be doubly careful about the pipe work at the bottom of the ramp. Yellow guidance lines marked out but not easy to stay inside them and they get worn so not always very visible.